Lionel Messi - v7

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
The same way your biased against Messi and biased towards Ronaldo. Let's not forget your one of the only people on the planet who thought that Ronaldo had a ' good game ' against Holland. We know where your loyalties lie.

What kind of a silly hyperbole is that? “One of the only people on the planet.” Technically correct, though.
He had a decent game.
I do think that Messi is the better player, but a worse goalscorer even though the stats tell otherwise. In CL they don’t, at least.

Mitchell1978

You are biased. You said that you are a Messi fan first, Barca supporter second. Whatever we say you will never be convinced.

Well thats because, you serghei and some others like you, are also clearly biased but against Messi, only focusing on the negatives whenever you can...
When barça is winning/doing well because of Messi we don't here you but when barça looses and Messi isn't saving barça (which doesn't happen very often) you see an opportunity to criticise and push your agenda's.

So yeah it will never convince me.

What kind of a silly hyperbole is that? “One of the only people on the planet.” Technically correct, though.
He had a decent game.
I do think that Messi is the better player, but a worse goalscorer even though the stats tell otherwise. In CL they don’t, at least.

You think Ronaldo was good against Holland. You shit on Messi in numerous games where he played miles better than Ronaldo did against Holland. And then you accuse others of bias? Give me a break. The number of your posts don't fool me, I know where your loyalties lie.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Well thats because, you serghei and some others like you, are also clearly biased but against Messi, only focusing on the negatives whenever you can...
When barça is winning/doing well because of Messi we don't here you but when barça looses and Messi isn't saving barça (which doesn't happen very often) you see an opportunity to criticise and push your agenda's.

So yeah it will never convince me.

That literally happens because Barca IS Messi at the moment. Generally, every win is thanks to his actions. We lose when he can’t save us, that’s true as well.
No one in the sane world claims that Messi is not a genius. We just want Barca to become less reliant on him. Every attack does not have to start and end with him. How is that so hard to understand?

CatalinR10

Daily gif that has nothing to do with the thread or the topic.

Eo6AMyh.gif

See you tomorrow in another daily gif.

That literally happens because Barca IS Messi at the moment. Generally, every win is thanks to his actions. We lose when he can’t save us, that’s true as well.
No one in the sane world claims that Messi is not a genius. We just want Barca to become less reliant on him. Every attack does not have to start and end with him. How is that so hard to understand?

Don't hide behind the 'Oh Im so harsh on Messi because I love Barca so much' BS. That happens far too often here. If you really loved Barca and wanted the best for them going forward you would respect the legends who made the club the most successful team in the last decade. That includes players like Busi ( who I've never really rated ), Suarez, Alba, Pique as well as Messi.

That doesn't mean they should never be criticised, but certainly should not be the subject of hateful biased agendas like yours where nitpicking on weaknesses and only highlighting said weaknesses becomes the norm. All irrelevant anyway because I don't think your a Barca fan anyway.

Arizona Scott

Wow, alternative universe, DonAndres and Ernesto I fully agree with your perspectives and analysis.

Messi is still the best player in the world and takes losses as hard as anyone--if that doesn'tshow you heart and commitment you might want to find a new sport and club. Barca, and any Barca fan, is lucky to have him both for what he has done and what he keeps doing--for I guess a couple more years. Any coach or other club would feel blessed to have him. Yes he isn't superman and you need the right other 10 field players to both bring the best out of him and minimize his weaknesses. No different that setting up any squad and teamsheet around previous generational attacking talents, and those clubs/countries lucky enough to have them.

Beause Barca has Messi and some other fine players, Barca is favorites for another dominant run domestically and will be in the mix (co-fav with City and Liverpool--three great great teams) for the CL. If Barca gets another CL they will have tied the best run in a 10 year period in this competition with Real, and more dominant than that achieved by another club outside of Real. Meanwhile the gaps in domestic titles to said Real is shrinking. Yet some view the sky is falling and Messi is one of the chief causal agents in it. This is unhinged or entitled or both.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Don't hide behind the 'Oh Im so harsh on Messi because I love Barca so much' BS. That happens far too often here. If you really loved Barca and wanted the best for them going forward you would respect the legends who made the club the most successful team in the last decade. That includes players like Busi ( who I've never really rated ), Suarez, Alba, Pique as well as Messi.

That doesn't mean they should never be criticised, but certainly should not be the subject of hateful biased agendas like yours where nitpicking on weaknesses and only highlighting said weaknesses becomes the norm. All irrelevant anyway because I don't think your a Barca fan anyway.

If you think that endless humiliations don’t warrant criticism, then nothing does for you.

p.s. Your holier-than-thou attitude is also pissing me off, to be honest. If I'm not a "rEaL bArCa FaN" for you, that's okay, but keep it to yourself, because I am quite sure I support this club.

Last edited:

serghei

Of all the things that people don't get about current Messi this is probably the biggest. By orchestrating everything through Messi, and allowing him to move in every position he wants, when he wants, we limit other players. He is not playing with scrubs so that he has to drop back 50m. to play a pass. Only thing this causes is imbalance.

serghei

Please keep in mind that these images are actually form highlights put together to make him look great. If I take images from the actual game, the mistakes in movement are growing more and more.

These are observation based on Messi's movement, his choices for follow-ups, his decision when off the ball. Basically the hidden part of his game that is negatively affecting this team's performances in the Champions League in big away games. They do not imply that he doesn't do great things when in possession (since Messi fanboys will inevitable spin this into an anti-Messi smear campaign).

Also, the first responsible for this chaotic tactics and movements from Messi is Valverde. However, given that Messi has publicly backed Valverde, who he said has no blame for the Liverpool game, Messi as much responsible for them as Valverde.

messi1.jpg

messi2.jpg

messi-3.jpg

messi-4.jpg

FinBarcelonafan

Hmmmmm. So what other options we have? We have no creativity in the midfield. Messi has to do this or we would never get the ball up. Our lack of good midfielder is showing in this the most. I would blame this on people who signed the players. We have no one who can create in midfield. It shouldn't be Messis job.

General lack of movement is unacceptable. It seems like the players try to hide and let Messi do everything by himself.

DeJong should help us in this a lot. He can bring the ball up and make forward pass.

serghei

So, bottom line, get Messi out of the Xavi area fast. He isn't anywhere near Xavi at being a midfielder. Xavi used to play around 90 passes per game and put in 11km. Messi is probably at around 30% of those passes, and at around 8km average.

Last edited:

serghei

Hmmmmm. So what other options we have? We have no creativity in the midfield. Messi has to do this or we would never get the ball up. Our lack of good midfielder is showing in this the most. I would blame this on people who signed the players. We have no one who can create in midfield. It shouldn't be Messis job.

General lack of movement is unacceptable. It seems like the players try to hide and let Messi do everything by himself.

DeJong should help us in this a lot. He can bring the ball up and make forward pass.

We can get the ball up if we don't bench our best passer and have our forwards move more often. You basically limit the area Messi is moving in, but you up the frequency of his lateral movements to get away from marking and look the spaces between the defenders. He hides way too often behind the defenders. Suarez needs dropped, and Griezmann needs to play who is much more active and adept at finding and exploiting spaces to receive in.

We don't get the ball up very well because we are managed by a defensive idiot. We can't get rid of the idiot because there are other idiots like Messi and Suarez, and Alba and Rakitic who like him. And another idiot who listens to the legends way too much in Barto.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans