Lionel Messi - v7

FinBarcelonafan

Yea, he'd mostly clash with De Bruyne for the no 10, main creator, role. Granted City would be an interesting option, I don't see washed up 34 years old Messi cutting it in the Premier League based on the speed and intensity in that league.

I agree. He would be overwhelmed. Spanish league is good for him now, maybe Italy/French..

Go challenge Ronaldo or Neymar.

serghei

I agree. He would be overwhelmed. Spanish league is good for him now, maybe Italy/French..

Go challenge Ronaldo or Neymar.

I'd play 1 more season at Barca, and then retire or move to USA or some country like that. I don't think he needs anything more than what he already achieved. Maybe have one more go at the World Cup and retire after.

I just hope he doesn't play too much while being crap just for money.

FinBarcelonafan

I'd play 1 more year at Barca, and then retire or move to USA or some country like that. I don't think he needs anything more than what he already achieved. Maybe have one more go at the World Cup and retire after.

True. Premier League would be mistake. Maybe 2-3 years ago.

serghei

Yea, I mean even if he goes to PSG and wins the CL. He will still not get much credit for it. PSG are already huge CL contenders having made the final in 2020 and dominating Bayern in it. Won't add that much to his overall resume.

Sterlingfan2000

Yea, I mean even if he goes to PSG and wins the CL. He will still not get much credit for it. PSG are already huge CL contenders having made the final in 2020 and dominating Bayern in it. Won't add that much to his overall resume.

Wtf dominating bayern? They got destroyed and outplayed , the only chance Mbappe and Neymar had was through hoof balls

snowy

Crazy how so many underrate Messi. Yeah so far, his goals and assist stats don't look too hot but he's still got top chances created for us so it's not like he's a flop
'bout to pop like Biggie Small right off the top :rap:

Even if true that he lost 90% of his peak, even current 10% Messi wouldn't be washed up in EPL.

Play him behind the front 3 in Chelsea and he'd play amaze-ball! No doubt

snowy

I mean, 10% Messi still won the Ballon D'Or and Laureus Award in 2018-19 ... :whistle:

but yeah that lil'ho Leo is washed up kekeke

Givenchy

He wouldn't play this bad in the PL imo even if it is more physical.. he'd be fired up to play in a new team whereas now i get the feeling hes being professional and keeping his head down until he leaves on a free

I know its normal for a player to decline but i'm surprised how bad his dribbling is these days. watching him attempt a dribble from midfield, players are just picking the ball off him like taking candy from a baby.

probably should of left in 2016 for his own sake before the rot set in as it was clear we were going nowhere

snowy

I think it's been accepted that 2018-19 was his last dance so to speak...

Last season was his worse, we all agree and no contest but even so, looking at the stats I posted a few weeks back, he still shared 2019-20 top along with neyney in chances created, completed throughballs, passes, duels, ground duels and take-ons so YES I agree with you guys that he's been playing at only 10% but still, he brings a LOT to the attack. Defense wise, another story but couple him with a top troubleshooter like Camavinga and suddenly you get balance + attacking threat.

That's why I'm saying it's too early to call him washed-out

You said yourself we need dudes who can beat 1v1 to score more goals. Well even last year, in this department, he left Mbapp, Lewa and Salah in the dust.

I also think we should push Dembele upfront and play Griezz no further up than MF :thinking:

I mean, 10% Messi still won the Ballon D'Or and Laureus Award in 2018-19 ... :whistle:

but yeah that lil'ho Leo is washed up kekeke

Can't wait for 2022 when he'll win the world cup with one free kick goal + a slalom from the middle right like against Athletic Bilbao in Copa final.

Me too I have visions. Some see that it's his last GOAT year, I, on the opposite see a bright shiny star in the cosmos🌌

🥳

Home of Barca Fans