Lionel Messi - v7

sikkboy

It's a team game. Messi did his bit at Anfiled. Set up three great chances for Coutinho, Alba & Suarez, all pathetically fluffed. only needed one of those to go in. Alba mistakes (and ter Stegen fuck-ups ) for two of those golas. He more than did his bit in the first leg too. While you beat on about best players in the best team you contradict yourself with the implication that Messi needed to be the man that single-handedly won it for Barca over both legs. I mean Origi scored two goals, both unconstested around the 6 yard box, and Winjnaldum hits one that goes thru tS and gets another from a unmarked header 8 yards out, yes that free scoring giant Dutch CF, Winjnaldum. :lol: Clutch. Nahh, blame Messi.

Pointless getting into it with you on this thread tbqh. You're at it!!

JamDav1982

Agreed. Messi put the team on his back that year. Only Van Dijk has a decent argument for #1 and that shows in the Ballon d'or voting which was pretty close.

Lol at the Salah was better than Messi talk. Wonder what mental gymnastics one has to do to shit out that opinion.

Messi was Barcas best player but the best side they beat was a terrible Man Utd side and not only he played a part in those wins.

Barca were the better team overall vs Lyon and Man Utd let not pretend he was taking a bunch of duds vs even decent teams or it was some huge achievment to get as far as Liverpool then get beat.

Rory

I have every reason to dislike Messi as a person. Don't see anything worth idolizing. He's far from a role model. Tax evasions, greed, treating the club with disrespect, cultivating a culture of Amigos in the club, disrespecting and threatening managers, forcing to leave the club that gave him a career for free, walking on the field carelessly and letting others run themselves to the ground to carry his 7-8kms a game. A lot of reasons why Messi as a human being, and as a player would pass off as unlikable for many neutrals (Barca fans or not). Especially this old version, where his flaws have become huge.

For me, Messi has two sides, over his career. A bright side, the unplayable version when everything was clicking, with Pep and peak MSN trio (2015 only), and the other Messi, who's played the part of the biggest humiliations this club has seen in its modern CL history. As soon as the team declined and he needed to step up as a leader more, he was a major disappointment for me in this area.

It so happens I joined this forum in 2013, after his best years. So, of course, I do more criticizing than praising. If I was active in his best years, I'd be one of his biggest fans here.

And yet your profile picture is Ronaldinho. The same guy who won the UCL then treated the club with utter contempt. Partying all hours, apparently even turning up to training drunk, missing training. If you cared about players treating the club with respect you wouldn?t rep him.

JohnN

Trying to talk to Serghei about Messi is pointless.
He hates him with all his power and will.
When such a hater puts him on "top 3" for a certain season, you know he was the absolute best.

JamDav1982

And yet your profile picture is Ronaldinho. The same guy who won the UCL then treated the club with utter contempt. Partying all hours, apparently even turning up to training drunk, missing training. If you cared about players treating the club with respect you wouldn?t rep him.

Holding up someone like Ronaldinho as a Barca legend can still be done and disagree with how he behaved towards end and how it impacted team.

Also can still idolise Ronaldinho and agree club were correct to sell him when did as was a detriment to the club.

Rory

Holding up someone like Ronaldinho as a Barca legend can still be done and disagree with how he behaved towards end and how it impacted team.

Also can still idolise Ronaldinho and agree club were correct to sell him when did as was a detriment to the club.

Well aware of that. I still regard him as a legend. I?m saying specifically to serghei who has this view on Messi but clearly doesnt apply it to everyone. If the things he attacks Messi for mean so much he wouldn?t have Ronaldinho as his profile photo. Who treated the club with even more disrespect.

sikkboy

Don't think anybody on here doesn't agree with 'What's best for the club' it's just that one certain player seems to be getting it in the neck big time for not being world class for a few months, after being near on unworldly for 15 yrs. :lol: And this immediately after some shady talk/decisions that were onbviously to the detriment of both the club & player.

It's frankly mental and a sure sign of being unhinged and/or having an agenda.

JamDav1982

Well aware of that. I still regard him as a legend. I?m saying specifically to serghei who has this view on Messi but clearly doesnt apply it to everyone. If the things he attacks Messi for mean so much he wouldn?t have Ronaldinho as his profile photo. Who treated the club with even more disrespect.

It applies to Messi as well.

Can think he is the goat but still not like the way he is playing this season or point to things in past dont agree with.

Rory

It applies to Messi as well.

Can think he is the goat but still not like the way he is playing this season or point to things in past dont agree with.

Yeah I know? I?ve been plenty critical of how he?s played this year too, how he?s walked, how he?s a poor captain etc.

Home of Barca Fans