Page 1078 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 78578978102810681076107710781079108010881128 ... LastLast
Results 16,156 to 16,170 of 17454

Thread: 10 - Lionel Messi

Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Lol, this is blatant lies here.
    Abidal accused players of being lazy and not training hard, not of EV training methods. Messi asked him to name them since this basically could tarnish most of the squad.
    Messi was 100% right to defend the team from such idiot, who should have never been sporting director in 1st place.
    A quick reminder, Abidal himself undermined Setien in same interview, basically admitting he didn't have a coach lined up as replacement and after 3 choices declined he got Setien
    Does it sound like I'm defending Abidal?

And it is not a lie. Abidal implied EV was sacked because the match preparation was not what it should have been. Something which IS OBVIOUS and reported by multiple sources.

Completely disagree with Leo.

The club showed Suarez too much respect. They let him continue for 2 years longer than he should have and gave him chance after chance.

Suarez, Rakitic, Busi, Alba, Pique, Roberto should all considered themselves so fortunate that the club allowed them to continue as long as they have/did the consistent humiliations over the last 3 years.

Telling Rakitic and Suarez to was the right decision. I only wish they did the same for Busi, Alba, Pique and Roberto. Maybe next year, dawg.
    Puyol #5

Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Does it sound like I'm defending Abidal?

And it is not a lie. Abidal implied EV was sacked because the match preparation was not what it should have been. Something which IS OBVIOUS and reported by multiple sources.
    It is a lie mate.
    Messi spoke because Abidal accused players, not because of the coach.
    Abidal crossed a line that should never be crossed, and team captain has a duty to defend his teammates.
    One of the rare occasions when Messi acted like an actual captain

Keeping Messi here will be another wrong decision from Bartomeu. I can't even the remember the last thing Bartomeu got right as president. All I know is he's done more bad things than good things.

It is a lie mate.
    Abidal crossed a line that should never be crossed, and team captain has a duty to defend his teammates.
    i totally agree
    “I would love to have played at this club. I am envious of how well Guardiola's men can play. They are like a group of kids who play football in the street without rules. That is the best football, the most authentic, unfettered by tactics or schemes. Guardiola’s philosophy is helping to change the mindset of many tacticians and that is priceless.” Marco Van Basten

It is a lie mate.
    No, Abidal was spoking in regards to the firing of Valverde. So he clearly believed it was the fault of the manager. Messi didn't like that other players' complaints were considered more in the decision to sack EV, than the veterans' support.

That's what the issue was. A manager that the Amigos backed was sacked, and Messi vented his frustration on social media.

Not much different than his post from today.

No, Abidal was spoking in regards to the firing of Valverde. So he clearly believed it was the fault of the manager. Messi didn't like that other players' complaints were considered more than the backing of Valverde, which came from him, and others.
    Dude, Abidal had a whole interview, Messi quoted Abidal for saying there are players who were lazy.
    Just Abidal said some other bullshit, doesn't change what Messi responded to

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsincule View Post
    Ohhhhh the amigo theory is just bullshit huh?!?

Where is that blaugrana1987 who was name calling people for bringing it up...

Seems pretty real doesn?t it?!?!?
    Club de amigos and forum de amigos do not exist in the real world, they were created and exist only in this forum.
    Outside nobody talks about it
    “I would love to have played at this club. I am envious of how well Guardiola's men can play. They are like a group of kids who play football in the street without rules. That is the best football, the most authentic, unfettered by tactics or schemes. Guardiola’s philosophy is helping to change the mindset of many tacticians and that is priceless.” Marco Van Basten

Blaugrana al vent
    Forum de Amigos - CR7 Undercover Fanboy Sector
    just saw his insta post, the atmosphere in the dressing room will be good this season

Quote Originally Posted by MagIX View Post
    Club de amigos and forum de amigos do not exist in the real world, they were created and exist only in this forum.
    What is the meaning of the expression "vacas sagradas" which is often found in comments regarding the veterans on both Sport and MD comment sections?

Just looked it up.

A figurative sacred cow is a figure of speech for something considered immune from question or criticism, especially unreasonably so. Ergo, an Amigo. The sacred cows are the Amigos.

Here, just a refference.

https://www.elperiodico.com/es/barca...gradas-8078677
    Last edited by serghei; 25th September 2020 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by te amo barca View Post
    just saw his insta post, the atmosphere in the dressing room will be good this season
    Going to be interesting for sure. A few of the team will look for Messi or nothing (Alba, Busi, maybe Roberto) and half the team will try to wrestle responsibility and show they matter (de Jong, Ansu, Coutinho, Griezmann, Dembele).

There will be a very different squad dynamic and it will show on the pitch.

In a way it will be refreshing. A refreshing shit storm of diarrhea and the rare swallowed tanzanite.
    Last edited by Porque; 25th September 2020 at 01:31 PM.

What is the meaning of the expression "vacas sagradas" which is often found in comments regarding the veterans on both Sport and MD comment sections?

Just looked it up.

A figurative sacred cow is a figure of speech for something considered immune from question or criticism, especially unreasonably so. Ergo, an Amigo. The sacred cows are the Amigos.
    ok, apart sport and md, very important opinions worldwide

Because Messi is a God to some Barca fans and can do no wrong.... if you look at the situation with out your rose tinted glasses.... it?s quite obvious...

ok, apart sport and md, very important opinions worldwide
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/barcelon...ot-the-manager

One of the best articles on the matter.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/barcelon...ot-the-manager

One of the best articles on the matter.
    ok you can find on the web 1000 articles which do not mention this matter.. are simply opinions, not facts.
    For me the power of Messi in the club is overrated.