Lionel Messi - v7

George_Costanza

p.s: not a long time ago some people here were begging Leo to show some courage against Barto but it seems now every actions he makes you turn it against him, yeah keep it going :wave:

Yes, we wanted him to oppose Barto since 2017 for good reasons, NOT for bad ones like keeping his old overpaid over privileged undertrained lazy amigos at the club!

feggydinho

I agree but this is not the way to go. He is just showing he is butt hurt for loosing his amigos. Did he as a captain say anything when Raki left? No! Did he say anything when we lost 8-2? Did he say anything when we were demolished at Anfield? No! But now, he is writing songs for his bellowed Vidal and Suarez. He is a GOAT as a player but as a person and as a captain he is far from great.

Exactly, imagine him not saying anything after 8-2 loss and making a big fuss now. it's pathetic and seeming like a bad ending point for him...

ini4ever

nah, forum de amigos in full force now. nobody can stop them :lol:

I mean FFS read the post before shouting your words, Jesus.

Yes, we wanted him to oppose Barto since 2017 for good reasons, NOT for bad ones like keeping his old overpaid over privileged undertrained lazy amigos at the club!

You should consider the timeline, you can't expect from him to oppose board from day first, its not his job. After the pseudo media created by Barto began to insult players on social apps he pretty much took actions against him since then.

Raketa10

+2, I hope he doesn't bring this attitude to the locker room or field.

Don't worry he will. Koeman is a dead man walking. Barca doesn't have a defense, our midfield is questionable, we don't have a no.9 and above all that his captain and a main player cares only about himself. A recipe for a disaster!

Total-Football

Pure amigo mentality.. I bet messi in his head is still deluded, thinking that those thrashings in the CL are because of "tactics". Messi should have gone because whenever he talks now he spouts bullshit. Fuck this president.

Rory

"We wanted him to oppose Barto since 2017."

That season we won a domestic double. You can't seriously expect anyone to be shouting for change after that. After anfield would have been a great time to say the board needs to start making better transfers, he at least said the players weren't good enough (any reasonably intelligent person might be able to make a link between players not being good enough and the need for better players to be brought in).

This instafram post is embarrassing of him and I don't want him as captain, not just because of this post.

Woah is that a balanced and fair judgement of things?! I must be a messi cocksucker!!!

Raketa10

I always thought that stories about his influence in the club were way exaggerated. As time goes by I start to wonder if all the rumors about Messi blackmailing managers and our board were completely true. The way he acts now is just childish and to be fair completely brainless and selfish.

During his interview he said one thing that really bothered me. He said something like: "Don't let us fall apart like we did in Roma, Anfield and against Bayern". WTF does that even mean? After everyone pointed at Valverde he stated that this is on players and not the coach. Who is he is aiming at??? Management board? Other players?

If he is aiming towards the board than WTF is he trying to say? If he is aiming towards other players than he clearly thinks only AMIGOS were up to the task. I am not even sure WTF does he want anymore?!

Now when the board reacted and cleared the locker room he is butt hurt. So what the hell is problem Leo? Not signing Neymar or what? If the lack of plan is the problem than why the hell was that OK under Valverde and now it suddenly became an issue? To be fair our disgusting board is guilty for many things but loosing 3-0 to Roma and 4-0 to Lpool (after we had 4-1 and 4-0) is not one of them. This is 100% on Valverde and players.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

The bad thing is this meltdown won't be his last. I think he and Koeman are heading for a collision. Not sure if there will be any winners from that clash.

FCBfan22

TBH, as from a fan perspective, this is a pretty good scenario in this shit situation.
King zombie rat clearing out the seniors, while holding Leo here and pissing him off more with each departure that will eventually lead to the end of Rat's board in the office.
It's basically a win-win from my point of view. Yes, it's ugly, but... Considering the situation we are in, it's good.

Let seniors and the board kill eachother and then start from scratch.

wisconsincule

Ohhhhh the amigo theory is just bullshit huh?!?

Where is that blaugrana1987 who was name calling people for bringing it up...

Seems pretty real doesn’t it?!?!?

khaled_a_d

He didn't speak after Roma's humiliation, didn't speak after Liverpool and actually backed the manager and Barto's decision to keep the manager. Didn't speak or apologize after Bayern humiliation and losing the league, didn't speak about all the wrongdoings by the board for years BUT he only spoke when Cowman told him to get his act together and told his BF to fuck off. :lol: Yes we are like teenage girls here!

Which was all the right and smart moves.
You don't speak about boards and use your influence and act like a boss, unless they personally goes after you.
Which what the board did since they fired EV, first Abidal blaming players in the media, then barca gate, then board throwing players under the bus and back tracking their promises.

Professionally, what Messi is/was doing is the right thing. If fans stop thinking players have their own mindset

serghei

The simplified timeline is this.

Summer of 2018.
Everything is great. Messi is happy, recently extended, and promises the CL title this season. The veterans love Valverde's handling of the team and everything is peachy.

Summer of 2019.
Another historic humiliation vs Liverpool destroys what was looking as potentially a great season. From hero to zero so to speak. Team and Valverde under fire. Messi takes the blame on him and the players. Supports Valverde full on.

Also, in that summer, numerous news regarding the pursuit of Neymar, and bringing him back. Also some news suggesting this was asked by Messi gained traction in the media, even from reputable sources (probably they talked with Neymar and they saw he was open for a move back since he was having a really bad time at PSG at that point). More leaked news that the board trying to get Neymar was just an act to please Messi, when in reality the operation was not feasible because of PSG not willing to let him go, and Barca not being able to afford such an expensive operation after splashing all the money on Coutinho and Dembele.

Winter 2020
Team was going from worse to worse (basically a continuation of the downward spiral that started on Anfield), and Valverde was sacked. Messi starts to attack the board (Abidal) for disclosing that the main reason for Valverde's sacking was that some players accused the poor intensity in trainings (something which was reported multiple times from more than one source). He wants names (lol). Messi also starts to rebel against the newly appointed manager and his staff. News saying the heavyweights of the locker-room didn't like the changes Setien and especially Sarabia brought. Live video vs Celta shows Messi completely ignoring the coaching staff and walking away from any instructions.

Summer 2020
Historic humiliation vs Bayern, followed by major changes. Messi's best friends in the team on the chopping block.

So, we have 4 things that majorly upset Messi in my opinion.

1) The sacking of Valverde even though the veterans loved him and publicly supported him avidly;

2) The fake pursuit of Neymar, a player Messi asked for to improve the team;

3) The arrival of Setien and Sarabia, who, without having good resumes tried to rock the boat and change things;

4) And, the final straw, the club turning against the veterans, especially Suarez. And hiring a no nonsense manager who is willing, seemingly at least, to re-impose a model based on hard work and discipline.

Home of Barca Fans