Lionel Messi - v7

fergus90

Messi watched City get beat 5-2 and realised mistake he almost made...

Yup, was saying it when people were banging on about Messi going there to win the CL that they'd still be miles off. Reality is City are the worst they've been in a few years and for all the money they've spent on the defence, it's still a shambles.

Messigician

Messi: "After so many disagreements, I would like to put an end to it. All Bar?a fans must unite and assume that the best is yet to come."

"Adding passion and enthusiasm will be the only way to achieve our objectives. We have to be united and all go in the same direction."

"I take responsibility for my mistakes and if they existed, it was only to make Bar?a better and stronger."

"I wanted to send a message to all the socios and fans that follow us. If at any moment, any of them were annoyed by something that I said or did, let there be no doubts that anything I did was always with the club's best interests in mind."

MY GOAT

MagIX

anyhow, I hope he retires here as a legend

The team has potential. If he accepts change and understands we can't build around him anymore, I see no problem with that. It's time he acts as a captain and puts the team and the club first. He's won the motherload on individual level.

The new direction is good for him as well. Everybody benefits from a faster, fitter, more hardworking team.

+1

gasgas

Yeah thay and for crying out loud, he should start making runs into the box.

Just limit his sphere of influence to the final third.

We have frankie and pjanic to control the midfield and our line of 3 has very creative players.

Time to use his finishing skills into place

malvolio

Yeah thay and for crying out loud, he should start making runs into the box.

Just limit his sphere of influence to the final third.

We have frankie and pjanic to control the midfield and our line of 3 has very creative players.

Time to use his finishing skills into place

i don't understand this type of reasoning, so you want messi to play as most advanced player in 4231 when he never did this in all of his career?!

basically he has to turn into ronaldo when even ronaldo is not playing as the lone striker for his team.

he is way better then coutinho or griezmann at playing the 10 role and we shunt him up top to be a poacher.

this whole approach will fail miserably, resulting in him getting frustrated and dropping deep as a consequence.

JamDav1982

i don't understand this type of reasoning, so you want messi to play as most advanced player in 4231 when he never did this in all of his career?!

basically he has to turn into ronaldo when even ronaldo is not playing as the lone striker for his team.

he is way better then coutinho or griezmann at playing the 10 role and we shunt him up top to be a poacher.

this whole approach will fail miserably, resulting in him getting frustrated and dropping deep as a consequence.

Messi at 10 plays it like a second striker more than an attacking mid.. lots of risks more than helping with tempo or dictating game.

He wont be 9 he would be up there a lot when other team have ball to try and cover for lack of pressing as part of team but will more on ball go to RW or at times drop deeper.

Messi cant play as the number 10 set position and doesnt suit him or team as a whole.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

why? he's better at playing the 9 then?

Nominally yes, but hes not supposed to actually play there. I guess thats the reason for Griezmann on RW, who created plenty of space last game, and Fati on the left as a goalscoring winger. We will see if thats enough.

Last edited:

malvolio

Messi at 10 plays it like a second striker more than an attacking mid.. lots of risks more than helping with tempo or dictating game.

He wont be 9 he would be up there a lot when other team have ball to try and cover for lack of pressing as part of team but will more on ball go to RW or at times drop deeper.

Messi cant play as the number 10 set position and doesnt suit him or team as a whole.

i just feel koemann took the decision for lack of quality striker in the squad. don't think we would have taken the same approach with for example prime suarez being available.

JamDav1982

i just feel koemann took the decision for lack of quality striker in the squad. don't think we would have taken the same approach with for example prime suarez being available.

I think it is mainly about getting Messi in final third more, improving team structure and still giving him freedom to impact game.

Dont think Messi will ever be AM even with prime Suarez as he is just not that type of player and if was he would have been there for Argentina/Barca long before now.

He wont be posted up as a nine or a target man to rain in crosses. More often than not when ball gets there he will drop and wide players will attack the box.

Feels like Koeman wants more of a 9 to give more options and going for Depay who can play wider probably fits.

Home of Barca Fans