Lionel Messi - v7

Richard.H

Giving an opinion and directly controlling the outcome isn't the same thing mate.

Do you have actual said proof he had direct control over what you're saying?

Type messi + dictator on google or hell, just type messi on google and browse articles from the past two weeks. Many are speculations yes, but look at the team selections we've had the past three matches. His best friend rarely comes off even when he plays like dogshit, Griezmann wide open on the flank, messi doesn't even look at him. Messi reportedly being passive aggressive to Griezmann in the locker room (article on it), lad only comes in for 5 mins of extra time in Atletico match. what can he do in 5 mins?

I'm not saying Messi is some player manager, but behind the scenes it's clear that as the captain he is influencing some decisions that Setien makes

SG-7

Type Messi + dictator on google or hell, just type Messi on google and browse articles from the past two weeks. Many are speculations yes, but look at the team selections we've had the past three matches. His best friend rarely comes off even when he plays like dogshit, Griezmann wide open on the flank, Messi doesn't even look at him. Messi reportedly being passive aggressive to Griezmann in the locker room (article on it), lad only comes in for 5 mins of extra time in Atletico match. what can he do in 5 mins?

I'm not saying Messi is some player-manager, but behind the scenes, it's clear that as the captain he is influencing some decisions that Setien makes

Yeah, i'm not saying he doesn't give his opinion on who should play and who shouldn't play alongside him. But that's a far cry from stating that, he demands it. The Griezmann example is a tough one because he started to trust him initially. When Griezmann was starting out he played balls through to him no? Now i just don't think he trusts him to do anything with the ball/ off-field antics won't help the situation. And yet the funny thing is though, Saurez has outscored Griezmann since his return with probably the same amount of opportunities, Greizmann was getting from Messi in earlier games. Wouldn't it make sense to do this? I'm not saying its right because I think Saurez is shit with his one-touch, pace, and lack of movement.

And even though Greizmann and Messi may have had a bust up, we don't know the extent of how serious it was unless one of the players comment on it. As we know, bad news sells.

But my comment was in direct to o'l mate who posted:

"He has exercised his power dictating where and how much he plays
He has exercised his power dictating who must be on the pitch alongside him (ex Suarez)
He has exercised his power ordering what players should be transferred in and out
He has failed to respect coaches' instructions and orders. "

Like a previous person said, if Messi is ordering what players to be bought then I guess we should fire all the hiring and scouting personnel.
Which also begs the question, why would he want Griezmann in the team in the first place? He made it pretty clear that it was Neymar (even publicly).

BusiTheKing

Personal la liga assist record at 19. Xavi has the record with 20. Henry PL record with 20. Muller just broke the bundesliga record, he's on 21 this season. 4 games left.

Ritchie

How annoying. Almost impossible for him to score now from open play and he finally does and then that happens. I give up..

He's cursed. Can't see him breaking Pele's record at this rate.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
VAR would?ve never disallowed that one if it was Real Madrid or Juve, just saying. It?s inconsistent like hell and I really dislike it because of that.

Home of Barca Fans