Lionel Messi - v7

AURELIUS

Fred Hermel is a Real Madrid fan who hates Messi.

Anyone that's followed a tiny bit of French TV/Radio knows that. He has no clue about anything to do with Messi or Barca.

The-8-books-to-read-for-all-football-fans.img.jpeg

If Messi was logical he would join Blue Manchester. Win some more titles and then try for one more Copa and World Cup with an ever improving young Argentina squad before retiring for a season or two with Newells.

AURELIUS

Has Messi said anything yet?

Why should he ? He isn't the President or manager is he ? And if he did then his words would get twisted. The scapegoating would begin and when it all goes well it is Lord Messi God of the footballing universe and when it goes bad. Messi needs to do a lot better. Give me strength.

Adversus

Messi is still a brilliant player but Barcelona were undone trying to play the same way they did 10 years ago without the talent of effort required to do so.

They need someone like Poch to train them hard but the dressing room may be too entrenched for even someone like him.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Why should he ? He isn't the President or manager is he ? And if he did then his words would get twisted. The scapegoating would begin and when it all goes well it is Lord Messi God of the footballing universe and when it goes bad. Messi needs to do a lot better. Give me strength.

He is the captain. They usually say something.

AURELIUS

He is the captain. They usually say something.

He never has been the vocal type. Captains should in my opinion be a defender or midfielder who can see the whole pitch in front of them. Anyway every player should be their own captain at this level. Some of the others like Pique should be explaining their inability to even perform basic defending techniques like tracking a run or closing an opposing winger when they have beaten the fullback. Messi does not deserve to be playing with some of these charlatans that have ridden on his coat tails for years.

SG-7

I say stay quite. He doesnt need to keep defending this shitshow.

Let the culling begin. Abidal out now too so hopefully more will follow.

Marshall D Teach

Accepting a lesser role would actually be to his benefit if he wants to make it to the world cup. He's not lasting another year starting every game. Think he's too short-sighted to see that though. Or he may have given up on the WC, but I don't think so.

But if he wants one last shot at the world cup, taking a lesser role at Barca would actually be best for him, even if it means a pay cut. MLS won't prepare him for the world cup and his current role at Barca will finish him soon.

Also he should immediately go to Barto's office and halve his wages and ask the next coach to bench him anyway after the disaster he captained last night, but I digress.

Last edited:

bismp

But if he wants one last shot at the world cup [...]

Unfortunately he has no shot at winning the WC.He will be over 35 years old.

And judging by his WC2018 and Copa2019 performances, he honestly and sadly is not able (or willing to try) to carry a team in his back.

Marshall D Teach

Unfortunately he has no shot at winning the WC.He will be over 35 years old.

And judging by his WC2018 and Copa2019 performances, he honestly and sadly is not able (or willing to try) to carry a team in his back.

Zidane almost pulled it off at 34. It's not impossible but he needs to make some sacrifices to prepare himself properly for it.

But yes, he won't be able to carry them alone. He needs to take a reduced role with Argentina as well.

KingLeo10

Zidane almost pulled it off at 34. It's not impossible but he needs to make some sacrifices to prepare himself properly for it.

But yes, he won't be able to carry them alone. He needs to take a reduced role with Argentina as well.

He doesn't have Zidane's mentality. Or that 2006 French team caliber around him.

All time great, one of the best ever based off his peak and the length of that peak but he showed us who he is.
He can?t win without other greats, just like other greats can?t win by themselves.

Stop this GOAT carrying Barca myth. Now.

CR7 and him are beneficiaries of all time great teammates. No wonder they?ve been ass at the international level

He won us matches without greats. But on international level he is prodigious. Carrying lames and frequently injured teammates with famous names in 3 finals in 3 years and qualified them to 2018 world cup again by himself.
What an ass indeed. All this with a moron coach and corrupted federation.

KingLeo10

He won us matches without greats. But on international level he is prodigious. Carrying lames and frequently injured teammates with famous names in 3 finals in 3 years and qualified them to 2018 world cup again by himself.
What an ass indeed. All this with a moron coach and corrupted federation.

Look, I've supported him through a lot and was one of the very few people (wrongly) optimistic about the Bayern game.

He can dispose of teams of the Napoli, Chelsea (current), Man United (current) caliber by himself, but he needs other greats around him to beat the truly elite teams. I don't see why this is a shame considering no other great has or can do it by himself.

All I'm saying is stop perpetuating the Messi carrying Barca to big titles myth. It might be true for LL but it certainly isn't true for CL.

Home of Barca Fans