Lionel Messi - v7

Ritchie

I'm slightly worried that a MSG front 3 is too slow. We have seen how raw pace on the wings makes us so much more dynamic. With MSG, opponents may just defend the centre of the pitch and find it easier to keep us contained.

We've been too slow for too long all over the pitch.

THe game is about pace and energy nowadays and pressing. Look at Liverpool's front three. Off the ball we're carrying Messi and Suarez. Any team would carry Messi because of his output but that's a special case.

Next year we can probably throw Neymar in as well who isn't exactly going to track back all game which we could get away with when they were all world class and scoring every week.

Last edited:

bismp

We've been too slow for too long all over the pitch.

THe game is about pace and energy nowadays and pressing. Look at Liverpool's front three. Off the ball we're carrying Messi and Suarez. Any team would carry Messi because of his output but that's a special case.

Next year we can probably throw Neymar in as well who isn't exactly going to track back all game which we could get away with when they were all world class and scoring every week.

I'm worried what they will be like off the ball as well.

If they don't press, our midfield is fucked.

I'm slightly worried that a MSG front 3 is too slow. We have seen how raw pace on the wings makes us so much more dynamic. With MSG, opponents may just defend the centre of the pitch and find it easier to keep us contained.

The solution IMO is to bench Suarez and use him as a super-sub.The question is if Valverde has the balls to do it.

Hardy

merry christmas everybody

EEgcmJeXUAA5rb5.png

EdmondDantes

[tw]1173185248789766145[/tw]

Llorens is saying Messi has already completed 2 training sessions and is not ruled out for Dortmund.

He wants to travel with the team.

I'm guessing he'll come on as a sub.

bismp

It's a travesty that he has only won the B'Dor one time the last 5-6 years,despite being the best player at least 4 times.

He should have won the award at least one time between 2016 and 2017 AND he should win this year's award(but everyone knows this is almost impossible at this point).

In other words he should have had 7 or 8 B'Dors by now instead of 5.

Maybe if he can play well for the remaining 2 months he can win it this year,but we've been saying this for the past 4 years and every time the award is predetermined in June...

Last edited:

Sorin

Fati and Perez are miles better defensively than the old guard, it makes a significant difference.

What are you talking about "miles better"? We were as vulnerable last night as we are with the old guard. We simply encountered a Valencia that self destructed like a bunch of cretins by sacking the manager 3 days prior to our match. There were also not many old timers in that Osasuna game last time. Don't tell me that was also a good defensive performance? It's Valverde's lack of defensive organization that is the real problem. If it's not 4-4-2 the guy is clueless.

FinBarcelonafan

It's a travesty that he has only won the B'Dor one time the last 5-6 years,despite being the best player at least 4 times.

He should have won the award at least one time between 2016 and 2017 AND he should win this year's award(but everyone knows this is almost impossible at this point).

In other words he should have had 7 or 8 B'Dors by now instead of 5.

Maybe if he can play well for the remaining 2 months he can win it this year,but we've been saying this for the past 4 years and every time the award is predetermined in June...

If these two CL meltdowns don't happen I think he bags two more ballon dor's. It's crazy you get Ballon dor for CL these days.

Pedro

La Masia
Let's hope Leo scores vs. Dortmund
[MENTION=12746]catalinutzR80[/MENTION]
[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20830]Hardy[/MENTION]

Home of Barca Fans