Lionel Messi - v7

KingLeo10

I often wonder if messi had won that world cup in 2014 would his hunger and form have dipped like it has with some players after they won the biggest prize. I doubt it because messi isn't the type to take it easy after a big win. Like Ronaldo after his euros win he would keep on striving for more success.

If he won the 2014 WC, there wouldn't be peak MSN in 2015. I've never seen him more motivated in his career other than when he was trying to breakout as a teenage superstar.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
10-11 Messi > 11-12 Messi = 14-15 Messi > 12-13 Messi = 09-10 Messi = 18/19 Messi = 08/09 Messi > 16-17 Messi.

10-11 he dropped a double (including a mesmerizing solo) at the Bernabeu in a CL SEMI-FINAL against a billion dollar Real with prime Mourinho and prime CR7. That alone makes it the apex of his career.
Not that I disagree with your statement that Messi was a beast then, but, how does 'prime' CR7 make Messi's goals more remarkable again 🤔

pregra

Pretty much a disasterclass first half from Leo. A lot of very bad touches, which is very rare. Hopefully he will get a goal in the 2nd half and can put the international break to good use.

bismp

Had some good runs and a great goal,so people can calm down a bit.He can work on his fitness during the NT break.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Undoubtedly looked horrible for his standards out there in terms of dribbling, passing, getting to the ball first in many situations. Looked a step slow quite often.

But, in possibly his worst game this year, he had a golazo and 10 dribbles and created 3 chances. Not bad. He really needs to rehab and condition himself diligently these next few weeks and get into proper shape, shake off these injuries. Give him whatever supplements or PED's needed, we need to handle Leo extremely carefully to extend his career as much as possible.

pregra

Great that he got his goal. He will be on fire after the break. Hopefully he will get into better scoring positions as he gets more fit.

Givenchy

Undoubtedly looked horrible for his standards out there in terms of dribbling, passing, getting to the ball first in many situations. Looked a step slow quite often.

But, in possibly his worst game this year, he had a golazo and 10 dribbles and created 3 chances. Not bad. He really needs to rehab and condition himself diligently these next few weeks and get into proper shape, shake off these injuries. Give him whatever supplements or PED's needed, we need to handle Leo extremely carefully to extend his career as much as possible.

we have probably the worst manager in the world to do that though

xxxxxx

Wasn't at his best tonight, but he still looked very dangerous. He definitely needs a few more full games to get back in shape. But he's getting back to his best.

Home of Barca Fans