Lionel Messi - v7

EdmondDantes

First game in 2 months and 10 days. He looked a bit rusty out there.

I did like the fact we didn't automatically go into the 'find-Messi-no-matter-what' mode though. Once our new players gel, we'll be a lot better for it, and so will Leo.

eaman

For his first game of the season he didnt look that rusty to me. Some lovely touches and awareness and looked the most dangerous of attacking players tonight

bismp

De Jong linked up with Messi the most number of times (9 times), although the Argentine only played the last half hour of the match. The Dutchman was also the player who received the most passes from Messi (5) [MD]

Pedro

La Masia
Let's hope Leo scores vs. Granada

[MENTION=12746]catalinutzR80[/MENTION]

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=20830]Hardy[/MENTION]

Altomonte

is it just me or has Messi bulked up a little, I mean worked on upper body and core strength?
He was tackled several times by Dortmund without losing his balance, did not even come close to falling.
Maybe the referee would have a given a couple of fouls if he had fallen ...

Alik

is it just me or has Messi bulked up a little, I mean worked on upper body and core strength?
He was tackled several times by Dortmund without losing his balance, did not even come close to falling.

Messi normally stays on his feet when tackled, that's not new.

But I do think he is not as lean as before.

eaman

Messi has always been one of the hardest players to knock off a ball in the history of the game

Andresito

Staff member

He's always had insane balance. Even Pep said it in an interview when he was our coach, something along the lines of "he's very strong, an animal".

BusiTheKing

He looks discouraged in that latest training vid. Head down, no spring in his step.

The first training he was back, he looked lively and eager. On his toes. Then he got re-injured and since, he's looked pretty sluggish like in Dortmund.

eaman

He looks discouraged in that latest training vid. Head down, no spring in his step.

The first training he was back, he looked lively and eager. On his toes. Then he got re-injured and since, he's looked pretty sluggish like in Dortmund.

I dont know what you were seeing in that dortmund game because he didnt look that sluggish to me. He looked like a player who had just played his first pre season game except it was in a tough competitive game. He did some very nice things in the game

Ripsta

On the bench, why not start him and sub him off when the game's won? It's far worse bringing him on later in the game as he'll likely be on to chase the win rather than get some casual minutes.

Home of Barca Fans