Lionel Messi - v7

JamDav1982

It's unrealistic asking 100m for a 33 year old with 1 year left on his contract. It's basically telling city to do one. I thought you'd be happy to let him go for free from you previous posts regarding his wages.

Ronaldo went for 100m and keep being told Messi brings in well over 100m in revenue to a club so ask for as much as can get.

Well you are wrong. There is no way whatsoever a club should get Messi for free. Barca need to maximise what they can get for any player sold.

Again... what previous quotes regarding him leaving for free due to his wages?

Batistuta9

Ronaldo went for 100m and keep being told Messi brings in well over 100m in revenue to a club so ask for as much as can get.

Well you are wrong. There is no way whatsoever a club should get Messi for free. Barca need to maximise what they can get for any player sold.

Again... what previous quotes regarding him leaving for free due to his wages?

Do you want Messi to leave? If you do, would you ask someone to pay 100m when he has 1 year left? I can't be bothered going through previous posts. But you and serghei seem to think that Messi has too much influence on the club and is a detriment to the team. If that's the case, why would you ask for such a high transfer fee?

JamDav1982

Do you want Messi to leave? If you do, would you ask someone to pay 100m when he has 1 year left? I can't be bothered going to go through previous posts. But you and serghei seem to think that Messi has too much influence on the club and is a detriment to the team. If that's the case, why would you ask for such a high transfer fee?

So you cant find any quotes. Thought as much.

Find it and will answer your questions.

Whether want him to leave or not the club should maximise how much can get for him. Not difficult to understand.

Devils

It really seems like Pep/City/Messi are at all a stage where they could all benefit tremendously from each other.

If City come in a big offer, absolutely sell.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

City being linked hard.

Still not sure Pep would want him at this stage but either way if he wants to go there than Barca need to ask for a huge fee. Well over 100m and test how much they want it to happen.

For me only City makes sense. Would be a nice challenge for him to win the CL. I think Pep would convince him to run more in the Knockout matches.

Batistuta9

So you cant find any quotes. Thought as much.

Find it and will answer your questions.

Whether want him to leave or not the club should maximise how much can get for him. Not difficult to understand.

Then there's no point complaining about his walking around because no one is paying 100m when they can get him for free in a year's time.

JamDav1982

Then there's no point complaining about his walking around because no one is paying 100m when they can get him for free in a year's time.

Can complain about him walking about on pitch if he doesnt leave if I like.

Barca need to get as much as can for him if he is leaving.

Batistuta9

Can complain about him walking about on pitch if he doesnt leave if I like.

Barca need to get as much as can for him if he is leaving.

I say we sell if city are interested, but it has to be a realistic fee, taking into account the covid impact, his wages etc.

It's clear as day we need to start a new cycle. The old one has finished.

JamDav1982

I say we sell if city are interested, but it has to be a realistic fee, taking into account the covid impact, his wages etc.

It's clear as day we need to start a new cycle. The old one has finished.

Ask for huge fee and see how interested they are and take it from there.

If Messi is the revenue generator as is made out they may well be willing to pay big to have him for another year and also a younger version in a years time where may not even want to make the move then.

Batistuta9

Ask for huge fee and see how interested they are and take it from there.

If Messi is the revenue generator as is made out they may well be willing to pay big to have him for another year and also a younger version in a years time where may not even want to make the move then.

Messi has been our best ever player. If he wants to go, I say just let him go, don't obstruct it with a high fee. It'll be best for him and us.

The truth is the younger players won't be able to grow with Messi in the team as they'll always see passing the ball to Messi as the easy option. They need to take risks and develop. We won't be able to fully rebuild with Messi still here.

JamDav1982

Messi has been our best ever player. If he wants to go, I say just let him go, don't obstruct it with a high fee. It'll be best for him and us.

The truth is the younger players won't be able to grow with Messi in the team as they'll always see passing the ball to Messi as the easy option. They need to take risks and develop. We won't be able to fully rebuild with Messi still here.

Totally disgaree.

If Messi wants to go then Barca maximise how much can get for him.

Greatest ever or not the club comes first at this point.

Would rather let him go to a smaller league for a year as was in contract previously then let likes of Man City get for free if want him.

Home of Barca Fans