Lionel Messi - v7

Vilarrubi

Lol, Betis are great. I like them. But how the hell did they lose Setien?

Betis under him have beaten all of Barcelona, Madrid and Atletico last season. What other team has beaten both Barcelona and Real Madrid on Camp Nou and Bernabeu in the same season?

Owners of clubs like Betis are in dream world sometimes, them finishing 10th last season is pretty fair.. maybe they could have finished a few places higher like the season before in 6th but the grass isn’t always greener with other managers.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Owners of clubs like Betis are in dream world sometimes, them finishing 10th last season is pretty fair.. maybe they could have finished a few places higher like the season before in 6th but the grass isn’t always greener with other managers.

They played boring and uninspiring negative possession football with 3 CBs and two wingbacks in Firpo and Francis. Dominated possession but could not create chances.

Vilarrubi

They played boring and uninspiring negative possession football with 3 CBs and two wingbacks in Firpo and Francis. Dominated possession but could not create chances.

I wasn't talking about their style/how they play. Just that owners of clubs like Betis have too high expectations when you look at their budget.

Regarding what you were saying, Setien got them into Europa finishing 6th playing that style of football the season before. To say they'd only been in La Liga since the 15/16 season i'd say that's quite an achievement and Setien should have been given another chance, but instead deluded owners think they should be matching the previous season or bettering it, hence my first post.

Betis fans on Betisweb hated Setien even more than Valverde is hated here, believe it or not.

Totally understandable. How he managed to only finish bottom half with a squad that was top 6 material is a mystery to me. Almost as big a mystery as how that bottom half finish made him a strong candidate to manage fc Barcelona.

serghei

What is boring in dominating Barca and Madrid on Camp Nou and Bernabeu? What they had were unreasonable expectations. They pushed superior teams back and dominated games. It was the individual quality of their players that could not elevate them past that.

When you beat the 3 best teams in the league in a season and you fire the manager that means you are dumb. They finished 3 points off a Europa League spot ffs.

Totally understandable. How he managed to only finish bottom half with a squad that was top 6 material is a mystery to me. Almost as big a mystery as how that bottom half finish made him a strong candidate to manage fc Barcelona.

Lol. They played in Europe last season, and they finished 3 points away from being in Europe again. While beating Madrid on Bernabeu, Barca on Camp Nou, and Atletico at home.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
What is boring in dominating Barca and Madrid on Camp Nou and Bernabeu? What they had were unreasonable expectations. They pushed superior teams back and dominated games. It was the individual quality of their players that could not elevate them past that.

When you beat the 3 best teams in the league in a season and you fire the manager that means you are dumb. They finished 3 points off a Europa League spot ffs.

They played well against the heavyweight teams but struggled massively versus clubs they were supposed to beat. Basically Setien wasn't good against a parked bus.

xXKonan

[tw]1165303045586075650[/tw]

Not training with the group today so He will miss out by the looks of it.

Injured again?

Last edited:

hulinat

he's not injured but most likely was adviced to train alone so he doesn't get a knock with the game ahead. that being said, he's going to start tomorrow 100%

serghei

Man if we rush him just because this clown can put in a cohesive playing team out there and he injures worse, I'm gonna lose it.

JohnN

I would prefer if he didn't start. Hopefully if fit, he can get minutes in the second half (not to save our asses I hope).
This way we can see what kind of Starting 11 Valverde will choose and if if the team can start to cope without him in some matches.

clemente

On one hand I want to finally see Griezzman Messi connection, on the other hand he will force us to win and Valverde asslickers will come out of their caves, I hope he doesn't play tomorrow.

Home of Barca Fans