Lionel Messi - v7

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Not his fault, but the board. If he is indeed the reason for all the veterans staying and being starters way beyond their prime, then the board gave him too much power, which is their fault. If they had some balls, that never would’ve happened. He is a player, not a president, sporting director or whatever.

Devils

It's time to go seriously.

He just gave up, not just as a player but as a captain.

This is a guy who was captained under Puyol and Xavi...managed by Pep...i both on the field and in the dressing room but it's t's like he knows nothing about how to act like a Captain or to lead.

xxxxxx

Of course it is his fault! He allowed this to happen, he enabled so many useless people within the club and this are the consequences! IT IS HIS FAULT!

I'm forever thankful for what he's done, and he's the best ever, but that doesn't take away that this is on him...

Give it a rest, will you?

How is this on him? He didn't sign those overrated players for stupid prices. He didn't bring in those managers. He didn't bring in that board. It's not his fault we threw away a 3 goal lead twice. It's not his fault we just conceded 8 goals.

You're saying it's on him, yet he's playing in a much older and an average Barcelona team.... and has been for 3 years now. I'm amazed he's got us this far.

You're the typical fan who turns against their best players as soon as things go bad.... but go back to kissing his ass as soon as he carries us to victory.

I hope Messi does leave. We don't deserve him.

serghei

Retire. He's past it himself and lacks the mentality to lead a past it team. And he's earning an insane amount of money. Any decent board would start to move in to clear us of Messi's wages and rebuild.

SeloBarca

Horrible game by Messi but how can you do anything when your teammates does even less?
How can you pass to someone that isnt there?
How are you supposed to to get past players when noone helps you create space?

Maybe its time for even Messi to move on. 2020 has been a horrible year in many ways.

bismp

He should just leave.Go to City or PSG.Barca is humiliated year after year and he has nothing left to offer.

KingLeo10

They should move. Except Messi. He should take the 70% pay cut, lose the arm band, and never play politics again.

He won't magically do that IMO. Best for us and him is to part ways.

It's impossible to not have a gaping black hole on the right wing the way he plays. Which is compounded by the fact that Semedo/Roberto are trash.

Home of Barca Fans