Lionel Messi - v7

Leo_Messi

I use this as a reference for Messi stats: http://messivsronaldo.net/all-time-stats/

It matches up statistically with whoscored, transfermarkt etc

The Wiki all time list must include goals from elsewhere, not sure where the extra 27 goals for Messi came from, but still to be that close to Penaldo with much less games is something.

The extra goals for both of them come from what I wrote about. In C. Ronaldo's case his official goals scored for Portugal's U-teams and in Messi's case similarly with Argentina's U-teams AND his official goals for Barça C and B. C. Ronaldo did no manage to score any goals for Sporting's B team.

They only use the official club career goals for the senior teams (where Messi is leading with 2 goals as written earlier) and the official goals for the senior national teams (respectively Portugal and Argentina). Since C. Ronaldo has scored 20 goals more for Portugal (88 vs 68) but 2 less club career goals (601 vs 603), the goal difference using the sources that you posted will be 18.

However if you include all official goals, the difference will be 9 goals. (707 vs 698 goals).

Ritchie

Ronaldo will keep switching to easier leagues to keep up his scoring total. Ronaldo will stay on top.. Shame. My guess.

If an average player like Quagliarela can top score in Serie A at 36 then Ronaldo can still knock in 20-30 a season heading up to 40. Even Totti was still banging them in at that age.

I think Messi is fucked now. The state of Barca will catch up with him as he ages as it has with Argentina.

Last edited:

soul24rage

I think he'll come off the bench most likely. It'll be up to Griezz for the first 60.

Let's hope Leo scores vs Betis

I think he'll start. We can potentially be 6 points behind the Madrid teams by the time of our game vs Betis and since Suarez isn't there, EV will play Messi.

Devils

ECgqVTKXYAAI3EE

Valverde got these fools training in full kits.

Lost the plot no doubt.

Home of Barca Fans