Lionel Messi - v7

CatalinR10

Why is why, Ronaldo is writing a better narrative towards the end of his career, because hate him or love him, he doesn't settle.

Ronaldo has the league wrapped up , he doesn't need to give a shit , he can take his vacation from now and he only has to show up in the last 2 months in CL.

Messi doesn't have this luxury , he has to carry Barcelona from the begining to the end. Remember when CR went half a season with scoring 4 ( 4 !!! ) league goals only to win the CL ?

Imagine a Messi fully rested in the last stages of CL , without having the burden of already carying Barca for some months into the season.

It hurts my heart to know this might be the last manager Messi players understand when he had anything left in the tank physically.

Then again it doesn't, because instead of wanting a manager that pushes him & the team, he is happy to settle for a manager that keeps him in his comfort zone

Why is why, Ronaldo is writing a better narrative towards the end of his career, because hate him or love him, he doesn't settle.

I almost can't be bothered to question why Ronaldo settled for 2 La Ligas in 9 years, Madrids worse run in La Liga for several decades, since whenever I've asked this question nobody has ever been able to answer it - ever.

jamrock

I almost can't be bothered to question why Ronaldo settled for 2 La Ligas in 9 years, Madrids worse run in La Liga for several decades, since whenever I've asked this question nobody has ever been able to answer it - ever.

He didn't that's the point, he was pissed about it, mean while messi is telling us we should be greatful we won a league title and got embarrassed in the CL.

He's my guy, but I would love some of Ronaldo's mentality in him right now

vlad

Ronaldo won 3 CL-s in a row while playing for madrid, 4 in 5 seasons and being top cl scorer, i doubt he or his teammates are bothered about lack of success in la liga after that

eaman

Ronaldo won 3 CL-s in a row while playing for madrid, 4 in 5 seasons and being top cl scorer, i doubt he or his teammates are bothered about lack of success in la liga after that

Oh they're bothered. They certainly should be anyway. Barca won all their champions league's while adding the league in the same year proving without doubt they were the best and most consistent in Europe. Real only did that once in those 4 champions league winning years proving they were not really the most consistent or best in Europe really. Especially with all the luck they had in some of those games.

Last edited:
He didn't that's the point, he was pissed about it, mean while messi is telling us we should be greatful we won a league title and got embarrassed in the CL.

He's my guy, but I would love some of Ronaldo's mentality in him right now

He was pissed same way Leo was pissed but WHAT DID HE DO ABOUT IT? Did he come out and demand his manager be sacked since that's your criterion for Leo. No. Your moaning about us winning a league and getting embarrassed in the CL, YET YOU PRAISE Ronaldo for winning a league and having a far worse campaign in the CL.

Leo has 2 trebles, numerous doubles. Ronaldo has no trebles, hardly any doubles. Yet you say Leo is the one that settles for mediocrity? My goodness

Unbelievable that people actually believe this. This is a foreign fan mentality. Real Madrid fans in Spain ( the ones the club care about the most) are absolutely LIVID at their domestic record. Did you not see them have an open top bus parade when they won a Copa? And there were years of mediocrity settled for happily , before any CL was robbed.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He was pissed same way Leo was pissed but WHAT DID HE DO ABOUT IT? Did he come out and demand his manager be sacked since that's your criterion for Leo. No. Your moaning about us winning a league and getting embarrassed in the CL, YET YOU PRAISE Ronaldo for winning a league and having a far worse campaign in the CL.

Leo has 2 trebles, numerous doubles. Ronaldo has no trebles, hardly any doubles. Yet you say Leo is the one that settles for mediocrity? My goodness

Not that I like the pretty boy or anything - but he has 2 doubles himself. Came close to a third double which was ironically spoiled by our own Leo.

But I am pretty sure he might have had some say in Allegri leaving Juventus - right after they get kicked out by Ajax!

Yes, it is not Leo's job to deal with the management issues but CR7 definitely has an upper hand over him in that regards - CR7 ensures that he is part of a quality team; ensures the manager is actually helping the team and stuff!

The only time Leo bothered to question the under-performing management was ironically for Argentina team the fans of whom don't even like him as much as the Catalans do!

malvolio

Yes, it is not Leo's job to deal with the management issues but CR7 definitely has an upper hand over him in that regards - CR7 ensures that he is part of a quality team; ensures the manager is actually helping the team and stuff!

You just speculate on something you have no proof of. So basically you talk bullshit just because it suits your agenda.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
You just speculate on something you have no proof of. So basically you talk bullshit just because it suits your agenda.

wtf is my agenda here? It was all over the news that CR7 was unhappy with the sales of di Maria and Ozil; Which is what I claimed - that he is more vocal regards with questioning the stupidity of management. What agenda do you see in that!?

wtf is my agenda here? It was all over the news that CR7 was unhappy with the sales of di Maria and Ozil; Which is what I claimed - that he is more vocal regards with questioning the stupidity of management. What agenda do you see in that!?

C'mon bro if having control over transfers is the barometer of demand for high excellence then why has Messi got nothing but hate for his supposed control over our transfers the last 7 years. Nothing but pure unadulterated hate. Same for Argentina. Even this season in regards to Griezmann

However suppose Ronaldo picks the Portugal squad then that is him not settling for mediocrity right? That's rank hypocrisy. Let's face it Leo is held to higher standards not only as a footballer but as a human being.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
C'mon bro if having control over transfers is the barometer of demand for high excellence then why has Messi got nothing but hate for his supposed control over our transfers the last 7 years. Nothing but pure unadulterated hate. Same for Argentina. Even this season in regards to Griezmann

However suppose Ronaldo picks the Portugal squad then that is him not settling for mediocrity right? That's rank hypocrisy. Let's face it Leo is held to higher standards not only as a footballer but as a human being.

That again is the management issue - it is just not in the recent past, it happened ever since Laporta left! The media invented stories of rift between Leo & Villa; an altercation between Alexis Sanchez & Leo; now with Greizmann.

In truth, Leo is a puppy who is not bothered about anything except for getting to play football! It definitely has pulled him down. Any other elite player, in his stead would have demanded they dealt well with the stupid media for example.

I've never said he settles for mediocrity - just that it's not in his nature to be vocal about things which he ought to be!

Potroh

I've never said he settles for mediocrity - just that it's not in his nature to be vocal about things which he ought to be!

I think you are right.
At the same time I seriously believe that Messi has been pulling a lot of strings, even if he does that invisibly.
When he spoke up after the Copa, he got nothing but hatred for it, even in this very forum.

I'm sure Neymar's potential return would ease many task for him, so besides the friendship of the two, he knows - specially that he is ageing - that he needs around him the possible best players close to his own qualities.

But the Neymar case, which is seemingly halted, shows that possibly even Messi's powers are vulnerable when it comes to serious finances.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

Because Madrid was obviously not consistent enough to win La Liga (when they were they were up against one of the best team ever) and the recent super hype of the champions league has shifted the focus away from those failures.
Its easier to peak during the back end of a knockout tournament than it would be to remain consistent over a large majority of league games. Still the champions league is very prestigious but my belief is that its slightly devalued when a team that far away from winning their league lucks their way to the trophy.... and lets be honest Chelsea and madrid were incredibly lucky in some of their runs.

Thats because he's the goat

Kul_z

Messi vs cr
22 games
Messi 12 win, cr 7 win
Goals
17 messi - ronaldo 15
Assists
Messi 10 - ronaldo 1

La liga
6 messi - ronaldo 2.

Lmao