Lionel Messi - v7

Kul_z

You know, I wouldn't mind if we had to play the rest of the season without him, not because I wish him an injury or anything, it's just that this is a lost cause and the sooner we realize it the better... There is no point in him giving us a glimmer of hope when we all know massive failure is just around the corner...

There is always hope with him on our side, but man, that amount of pressure.. its just not healthy

bismp

I never thought I would say this,but he should leave this summer.He has wasted far too many years with this board+coaches..He potentially has 1-2-3 good years left in him,he shouldn’t waste them playing for this team.Even if he stays,the team is in shambles,we cannot win anything or even compete.

I’m sure the only thing holding him back is his kids

Besides,as long as he stays,he’ll bring this false hope of success,while the only way for the club to go forward is a radical rebuild.

Last edited:

JohnN

Not smart to give Perez away after all, was it. I really don't understand that move. We prefer Bob as a right winger if Messi is absent?

clemente

Will have to play the rest of the season every single match with discomfort... This board is beyond retarded, bought everything for Valverde but couldn't even get a single forward for Setien...

We should just give up on La Liga to focus on CDR and Champions League. This squad can't handle all the league matches. CDR would at least give us a domestic trophy and there's only 11 matches left across those two competitions at most.

Devils

[tw]1224778768499085312[/tw]

[tw]1224779271165464576[/tw]

He criticized Abidal on his instgram page.

Abidal is finished. Club is in catastrophe.

FC433

That is exactly what we need. Everyone knew there was something wrong with this team, but we could not locate, or we were trying to avoid it. Finger-pointing is something that I appreciate in this very situation and I hope the issue gets a bit bigger. Something drastic needs to happen.

I am siding with absolutely no one. Not Messi nor Abidal and definitely not Bartomeu.

Devils

Could you please translate what did abidal post?

Abidal said in ambiguity that 'there were players' not happy with Valverde's methods/training.

Abidal didn't mention any names of the players.

Messi came out and said that either the sporting department accept responsibility for their decisions or name the specific players instead of tarnishing everyone's name.

xXKonan

Interesting to see Messi speaking out publicly against Abidal or back in 2014 when Messi didn't show up for training and followed Chelsea on Instagram which caused Lucho almost to get fired and Barto to call for an early election.

Yet when Valverde was the main culprit in the 2 bottle jobs he was backing him and staying professional like his life depended on it.

A wise man once said : " You are not the clown , you are the entire circus"

This team needs true leaders like Xavi , Masch and Puyol asap
There's no one to even back on this side fully.

It's fully of hypocritical shit. You have the board being shit like usual but you also have The vets persistently backing a guy who let them do what they wanted even despite the horrible humiliations.

Just because's its Messi saying this shit doesn't mean he's always correct either.

KingLeo10

Isn't he sort of defending EV again?

No, he's just asking the sporting department not to make generic/blanket statements that may or may not be true. It isn't like Messi to challenge the board/sporting department so publicly without being confident. Chances are they thought they could get with what was originally their mistake in not firing EV after Anfield by pinning the blame on the players. I'm sure the amigos/Messi liked EV but the firing/evaluation of the managers is the board's job firstly.

Abidal/the board is in the wrong here.

Devils

Isn't he sort of defending EV again?

Nah bro, he's just calling out the ambiguity at which Abidal referred to 'players being unhappy with EV'.

He's unhappy because it leads to speculation in media as to who it was.

Basically Abidal is fueling a dumpster fire of speculation by making such ridiculous statements.

Home of Barca Fans