Lionel Messi - v7

sickstar

I think they just dont have an enough time to do so. De jong being a new signing and arthur missing many matches due to his fitness.

For messi,i dont watch this match, but i did watch the highlight. The finishing were just off, and keeper did a great job. BUT goat assist in the first half along with a nice one for the second.

After that i visited whoscored and i noticed he had 7, yes SEVEN key passes (probably his best ever number for this). And his usual 8 dribbles.

I think without his mate, suarez, messi had just becoming an attacking midfielder/ play maker. It's really going well with his statement before. Gonna see his heat map for certain.

I agree he kinda lost his goal decisiveness, but at the same time he kinda transform his role anyway.

Mitchell1978

Still cream of the crop world class and can decide games in a instant as we saw with his two assists tonight, but he is not an alien anymore.

His current level is not that of a GOAT contender and there are increasingly more drawbacks that he brings.

No 50m contract beyond 2021. He needs to take a paycut, otherwise letting him go and starting a full rebuild would not be a bad option.

He will stay with barça for as long as he wants, everybody knows that is the case.

FCMessi

Most of his shots were created by himself and highly contested.

A much younger Messi might have scored those shots.

His blatant walking defense might be the time bombs later on.

Havesaks

Don't know what people here are moaning about, he was great in his playmaker role and the off finushing doesn't take much away from a great performance.kinda like famous city match back n the day

Mitchell1978

He has had 10 or more shots in his last 3 games but only one goal, so he's getting more shots then under Valverde but he's finishing has been poor especially for him.

malvolio

Finishing was off. Also he is surrounded by idiots. Has to do it all by himself. At least with Suarez upfront he would have those one-twos.

Tackle

Definitely missing something these days. Growing number of goalless league games are starting to piss me off. Last season he would’ve had a hattrick by now against this wide open Levante side. Get your shit together, Leo. Too many weak shots and bad finishes. We are not gifted a pen every game on average like a certain Italian team.

Golden Boot race is over to be fair.

5 behind CR7, which isn't insurmountable, but 11 behind Immobile. No chance.

CatalinR10

Let's hope The Best Fifa Football Player , Golden Boot and Ballon D'or scores against Athletic in the cup.

[MENTION=21723]Pedro[/MENTION]

[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=20830]Hardy[/MENTION]

[MENTION=16751]Devils[/MENTION]

[MENTION=20484]gasgas[/MENTION]

sickstar

I just saw his heat map and it fits the category central attacking midfielder. He moved most from center to a bit outside the box. He could be sideway passing, or did splitting passes/ throughpasses/ high balls, because you can't be in the center of the field, just outside the box, unguarded. Anyway, his area of movement was somehow broaden?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Having Vidal out there instead of Rakitic would've given Messi someone extra for him to connect with. He also suffers a bit without Suarez since his chemistry with Griezmann isn't nearly as good.

Semedo was feeding him really well though and this game was the best I've ever seen the Semedo-Messi connection. We need to keep that up and build on it. With Vidal in the lineup and Suarez eventually coming back, the team can only get better.

Home of Barca Fans