Lionel Messi - v7

Horatio

You're welcome
It actually suited him really well.

Some things take time getting used to. Like the blonde hair...and now I miss that look.

3oriNVc5SDHOsWcCM8

Zica

Him winning the Balon d'or on Monday is a massive indication thats he's gonna win many more.

Van Dijk wins champions league and is currently undefeated in the premier league this season but still the journalists are seeing how vital and how good Leo is. Ronaldo's past his best and out of the equation. Leo at the age of 32 is still going strong, when he loses that half an inch of pace he will drop deep, as he has been doing for years now and dominate. He's such an intelligent footbaler, he may not showcase it in the way that Pep and Xavi do verbally but his understanding of the game is remarkable

That's a clueless post. Messi isn't playing no Xavi role.

And this is probably his last Balon d'Or unless we see a change in the team this season.

bismp

People act like it’s the first time he trimmed the beard :lol:

He had a major trim around the beginning of last season if I recall correctly..He will probably regrow it

KingLeo10

Messi will win at least 2 more Ballon Dors after this one.

With a declining Ronaldo no one else is on his level.

He was far and away the top goal scorer in Europe (and CL) last season. I doubt that's gonna happen this season. So, we need to win CL for the Ballon.

vegitot

He was far and away the top goal scorer in Europe (and CL) last season. I doubt that's gonna happen this season. So, we need to win CL for the Ballon.

copa america????
im sure that if messi perform well and win copa,he will win another ballon dor and fifa the best award

Ritchie

No doubt Ronaldo deserved balon dor twice. One with Man united the time he won it and the second time with Mourinho for his La Liga performance.

That's about it. Messi should be on 7 or 8. Now that is the realistic world. In the bizzare world we live in it's 5-5.

Ronaldo's best year was 2012 but it was probably Messi's best year. Ronaldo was at his peak under Mourinho but Messi was always that bit better.

Only year Messi had a dip in last 10 years was 2014 and Ronaldo didn't deserve it either that year. Messi has deserved every ballon d'or from 2009 to 2019 with the exception of probably 2013 (due to an injury) and 2014 (recovering fitness after that injury) where Ronaldo didn't deserve it either.

Ritchie

copa america????
im sure that if messi perform well and win copa,he will win another ballon dor and fifa the best award

The bottom line is the trophy with knockout competitions when it comes to these awards. If Juve won CL last year Ronaldo would be nailed on for ballon d'or and VVD probably would if Holland won Nations League or if Liverpool had won the PL.

Messi has to win Copa, it wouldn't matter if he was the best player in the tournament (again) if they don't win it. Ronaldo could have another shit Euros but if Portugal win it = ballon d'or. If they both won the Copa/Euros then it'll go on CL performance.

devo901

I agree. But there is always that "lets create a new star" factor in UEFA... So they maybe give it to VVD.

I hope Messi wins it.

when was the last time the UEFA picked a bulldozer like player over someone who is fast, scores a lot and posts on twitter like crazy?

VVD can not easily be sold media wise - he does not polarize enough. The star is a role model and hero projection screen. Never saw any kids running around with VVD shirts...

Zlatan Ibrahimovic will have more media coverage in 3 years, when he stirres up Qatar's first league, than VVD winning 2 more CL in a row ;-)

Home of Barca Fans