Lionel Messi - v7

Vilarrubi

This is why I am not too worried if a theoretical move to PL happens.

If there’s anything City are missing it’s a consistent goalscorer again now Aguero has been out. Whether that’s Halaand or Messi having a player who could score 30/40+ goals a season would make them unbelievable. With how dominant and attacking City are he would get a ridiculous amount of goals, even more if they put him on pens and free kicks.

KingLeo10

If there’s anything City are missing it’s a consistent goalscorer again now Aguero has been out. Whether that’s Halaand or Messi having a player who could score 30/40+ goals a season would make them unbelievable. With how dominant and attacking City are he would get a ridiculous amount of goals, even more if they put him on pens and free kicks.

Messi with a dominant City team around him and especially the bald genius at helm would have a great 2-3 years to end his career. I'd project 1 PL and 1 CL.

JamDav1982

Messi with a dominant City team around him and especially the bald genius at helm would have a great 2-3 years to end his career. I'd project 1 PL and 1 CL.

City should be looking at that at least with or without Messi.

Fans would be expecting more than that if spend huge money on him. Particularly if were to win CL and possibly quadruple this season.

KingLeo10

City should be looking at that at least with or without Messi.

Fans would be expecting more than that if spend huge money on him. Particularly if were to win CL and possibly quadruple this season.

Messi is a winner at the highest level. City's players are not winners yet. Quadruple has been a theoretical construct for City fans since 2013/2014. In fact, Kompany became a meme for it.

soul24rage

For me, i feel that the Copa 21 will be moved to the summer of 2023 to fit in the WCQ matches if the March WCQ get delayed

JohnN

I keep hearing how going to Man City and not winning the cl would be disappointing.
Like city has been winning back to back cls or something. That competition is pretty hard to win and you need some luck on your side.
Many times the best team didn't win, and we were the best team some of them.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I keep hearing how going to Man City and not winning the cl would be disappointing.
Like city has been winning back to back cls or something. That competition is pretty hard to win and you need some luck on your side.
Many times the best team didn't win, and we were the best team some of them.

I think most important thing is mentally strenght. Real was bad in 2016 and 2018 and still won CL. How? They have big confidence and a huge mentally strenght since Zidane took over. City has lost against Monaco, Tottenham and Lyon - LOL these are teams which would have been destroyed in PL from City but in these cl knockout matches city gets nervous maybe because of Pep's overthinking.

Home of Barca Fans