Lionel Messi - v7

Tekkers

last summer would've been a great opportunity to sell him for a decent fee. now he'll walk for free. that's now twice mbappe's thoroughly outplayed him and crushed his dreams. the first was in the world cup, and now tonight. they don't even look like they're in the same class when they're on the same field

Best player in the clubs history, and worst captain in the clubs history.

Ummm as a captain what he should do !?

Those talking about this must be trolling 😂😂

The team is below average and no big player could do more

Hopefully if things doesn?t change with laporta he will move to another team so trolls enjoy his magic again

CityFanInPeace

Will go to City.

Not sure I want him after that. Paying a huge transfer fee +130m per season for a player whose legs have gone would ruin us. We would fail FFP horrifically for a player who can't run in Pep's system. His salary alone is the price of Haaland, a striker whose father played for City. We need a young replacement for Aguero and maybe Alaba more than Messi (who will cost far more than both combined)

I don't think any club in the world can afford his wages in this Covid era, never mind a 200m transfer fee

Sailor Mars

Horrible game.

The next board will probably still do anything to try and keep Messi. I hope he makes the decision for them and leaves.

Givenchy

Not sure I want him after that. Paying a huge transfer fee +130m per season for a player whose legs have gone would ruin us. We would fail FFP horrifically for a player who can't run in Pep's system. His salary alone is the price of Haaland, a striker whose father played for City. We need a young replacement for Aguero and maybe Alaba more than Messi (who will cost far more than both combined)

I don't think any club in the world can afford his wages in this Covid era, never mind a 200m transfer fee

Messi would also fail horrifically in the PL at this stage in his career. Even pre-pandemic it would be retarded to blow so much money on an old Messi you need to build the entire team around.

I think he'll end up retiring this year. His love for the game is waning and theres literally no escape plan for him. really is sad how his career is ending though, certainly deserved a better send off. Gotta blame the board mostly

serghei

Will go to City.

City is flying too. They don't need him and have a defense based on pressing and very high workrate. Tbh I'm worried he'll fleece us of another mega contract, looking at how often and hard the candidates suck him off.

That's the last thing we need going into a long rebuild.

JamDav1982

The reality is he is not very effective in games where Barca are no in and around area and players around him.

Cant impact game from half way line against top teams the way most other top players can and in this side his and teams weaknesses are totally exposed.

Laplacian

Some people here need to stop thinking "he's back" after he takes care of fodder in La Liga. This is what he looks like against elite teams. If all he can do is offer goals against Alaves and the like, I'd rather take the L and let him go. Not worth the insane salary. The only one that's worth that amount of money is 2012 Messi.

City is flying too. They don't need him and have a defense based on pressing and very high workrate. Tbh I'm worried he'll fleece us of another mega contract, looking at how often and hard the candidates suck him off.

My hope is that they're just sucking him off because they want the position. The whole reason we have the elections in the first place is because of the threat of Messi's departure. Can't exactly win if you say "yeah no, fuck Messi." I'm hoping Laporta and co. will pretty much tell him to fuck off once they're in office.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Messi was poor tonight but the reason for the hammering was not in him. It was the defensive abilty of the midfield and the right hand side of pitch.

Home of Barca Fans