Lionel Messi - v7

serghei

This is not about lack of creativity. We should not be trying to feed Messi through balls, we should be trying to feed him line-breaking passes and he should be waiting in the number 10 area between the opposition's midfield and defense to receive them. Busi, Rakitic, Arthur all can make those passes 9/10 times. Instead of this, he drops deep in the defensive midifelder area to progress the ball by himself while everyone around him (except Alba and Suarez, mostly) just stands and watches instead of running into space.

Can't believe how wrong you are. Whatever, mate, accuse me all you want. You are a Messi fanboy first, Barca supporter (are you?) second for me by the same token then.

On point.

For me, this may seem insulting, but only very very few avid Messi fans around here know what they're talking about (DonAndres and a few others). You have that snowy clown who is going to Tahiti, basically posting a video with Messi during Pep, doing what you and I are saying he should be doing, but he's too fucking clueless to understand that what the video he posted basically sustains our version and fucks up his argument.

At Barcelona, the main philosophy of progressing the ball is trusting the player on the ball to make the pass, and only helping him to make it, not do it for him. Messi is now breaking this foundation of possession play and constantly takes over other players' roles.

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

If Messi really dictates our sporting choices then i'm pretty shure Griezmann wouldn't have been bought.

Anyway, its time to give those posters who are constantly being negative (even though he just had one hise greatest seasons ever) or all those trolls with agenda's against Messi a place where they can come together with all their negativity so this thread is no longer polluted with it.

serghei

If Messi really dictates our sporting choices then i'm pretty shure Griezmann wouldn't have been bought.

Anyway, its time to give those posters who are constantly being negative (even though he just had one hise greatest seasons ever) or all those trolls with agenda's against Messi a place where they can come together with all their negativity so this thread is no longer polluted with it.

No, I'd say posts about Messi belong in the Messi thread. The Messi thread is not a shrine, even though some make it look like it is. Constructive criticism backed with arguments and game analysis is always useful.

Mitchell1978

No, I'd say posts about Messi belong in the Messi thread. The Messi thread is not a shrine, even though some make it look like it is. Constructive criticism backed with arguments and game analysis is always useful.

all you do is post negative stuff in this thread so yeah it pollutes this thread in a major way

serghei

all you do is post negative stuff in this thread so yeah it pollutes this thread in a major way

There are both positive and negative things regarding Messi in what I post. Of course that after bad defeat, and a terrible ending of the season, the bad things must take precedent.

If people in the club would have this critical thinking we wouldn't be repeating the same mistakes over and over.

Mitchell1978

There are both positive and negative things regarding Messi in what I post. Of course that after bad defeat, and a terrible ending of the season, the bad things must take precedent.

No they don't as he just had one of his best seasons and for shure his best season since 14/15. That should be respected.

Even if the season didn't end well but he's one of the least the blame for that, repeating your drivel about his workrate etc is only annoying and repetitive at this point.

Want to discuss the sporting project of the club then go to the Valverde and Bartomeu threads for example.

Sorin

On point.

For me, this may seem insulting, but only very very few avid Messi fans around here know what they're talking about (DonAndres and a few others). You have that snowy clown who is going to Tahiti, basically posting a video with Messi during Pep, doing what you and I are saying he should be doing, but he's too fucking clueless to understand that what the video he posted basically sustains our version and fucks up his argument.

At Barcelona, the main philosophy of progressing the ball is trusting the player on the ball to make the pass, and only helping him to make it, not do it for him. Messi is now breaking this foundation of possession play and constantly takes over other players' roles.

Get off your high horse. :rolleyes:

Eh? What part of ' This doesn't mean they should not be criticised ' did you deliberately ignore from my previous post. For the record, I'm not accusing you of not being a 'real' Barca fan , I'm accusing you of being an undercover Ronaldo fanboy with a sly hateful agenda against Messi, due to the overwhelming evidence that you are.

Glad we cleared that up.

So everybody who doesnt say Messi is GOAT, Messi do everything right, Messi never makes a mistake etc., is an undercover Ronaldo fanboy :messi:

Mitchell1978

On point.

For me, this may seem insulting, but only very very few avid Messi fans around here know what they're talking about (DonAndres and a few others).

And you do? You're just an arrogant tosser who constantly makes the same points and who feels the club, the players owe him something.

KingLeo10

We can both praise and criticize Messi in this thread.

But one thing is for sure, [MENTION=23955]Never_Forget40[/MENTION] is that old troll [MENTION=22584]messi15478[/MENTION]. Took him long enough to weasel back.

So everybody who doesnt say Messi is GOAT, Messi do everything right, Messi never makes a mistake etc., is an undercover Ronaldo fanboy :messi:

Absolutely not and a typical undercover Ronaldo fanboy retort. Sergei is far more critical of Messi and I've never accused him of being one.

It was clear in my previous postings that the reason I came to that conclusion with 'te amo barca ' is because he openly admits to describing Ronaldos disasterclass against Holland as a 'good game' yet shits on Messi even when he plays well. Not met very many Barca fans that follow that agenda.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Absolutely not and a typical undercover Ronaldo fanboy retort. Sergei is far more critical of Messi and I've never accused him of being one.

It was clear in my previous postings that the reason I came to that conclusion with 'te amo barca ' is because he openly admits to describing Ronaldos disasterclass against Holland as a 'good game' yet shits on Messi even when he plays well. Not met very many Barca fans that follow that agenda.

Mate, for the nth time:
this is not about Ronaldo being a better player than Messi is. Cause he simply isn't. This is about using Messi in a right way, having a role that is not counter-productive to the positional and defensive structure. Ronaldo, wherever he plays, is used correctly, not as the system but as the icing on the cake; he has a clear role that he fulfills close to perfection. Messi? He is all over the place, and that is first and foremost EV's fault. Messi is not helping himself by not acknowledging the problem and going with the flow. I am not proposing we sell him or something, that's pure lunatism.

I've always criticised Messi for these two things: positional mess, and lack of effort. The latter one became a big problem given that he is a captain now. He is not captain material.

Messigician

Too many people aren't familiar with Spanish and catalan culture.

The captaincy is given to the player with the most senior appearances not who is the loudest like in England.

It is why Pep made David Silva captain and so on.

Home of Barca Fans