Lionel Messi - v7

Nazario1985

We haven't gotten a leak of his contract but from pretty much every source that we've ever seen in the last 5-10 years since he came to Madrid, he's never been on anywhere near the kind of numbers we're talking about here. I mean it's possible that he is, but we haven't heard of it from any source afaik.

Because Madrid is not run by some loud mouth socios.

The question is why Barto did make this leak right now ? for what purpose.

El Mundo will spill the bean soon.

Messi has been pure marketing for many seasons now. I would like to see the revenue he has made for the club in order to see whether his contract is deserved or not. I won't base this decisions on performance cause it's obvious he can't help us win a CL for a while now and we are irrelevant now.
Xavi and Iniesta made Messi, and luckily for the club, ppl still see Messi as that Messi, even though those of us who pay attention realize Messi has bottled it for many years now.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Because Madrid is not run by some loud mouth socios.

The question is why Barto did make this leak right now ? for what purpose.

El Mundo will spill the bean soon.

How did you know the leak came from Bartomeu?

For one thing Real Madrid is better than us because Florentino Perez has a common sense and he knows what is sustainable and what is not. He wouldn’t have agreed to this sort of ridiculous numbers we are paying Messi.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Messi has been pure marketing for many seasons now. I would like to see the revenue he has made for the club in order to see whether his contract is deserved or not. I won't base this decisions on performance cause it's obvious he can't help us win a CL for a while now and we are irrelevant now.
Xavi and Iniesta made Messi, and luckily for the club, ppl still see Messi as that Messi, even though those of us who pay attention realize Messi has bottled it for many years now.

To say Messi has been purely marketing for us is neither true or fair. Sporting-wise he continued to carry us, albeit not as much impactful as before, due to his decline.

Morten

How did you know the leak came from Bartomeu?

For one thing Real Madrid is better than us because Florentino Perez has a common sense and he knows what is sustainable and what is not. He wouldn?t have agreed to this sort of ridiculous numbers we are paying Messi.

Yeah, as Ronaldo found out, and it looks like Ramos is about to find out as well.
Not necessarily a smart thing to do, but thats how Perez roll.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Greedy Messi and stupid Club caused this mess. No matter how good a single player is, these numbers are just obscene. I mean his annual wage is nothing new but those humongous bonuses and what not are something else.
What are all the people involved even thinking by agreeing on these contracts? Club should now that the financial situation gets totally fucked up and Messi should know that earning so much money hinders the club in every other department.
Things like him sulking on the pitch because of Suarez treatment are straight up insulting if you think about it. The money he earns in one month are almost half of Suarez net wages.

I thought the same thing in summer. Before the saga both Messi and the club were both living in a symbiosis and it was never one sided. And then both sides behaved in a shameful way. It was never just the villain Messi or the villain Barca/Bartomeu.

Nazario1985

Messi has been pure marketing for many seasons now.
Xavi and Iniesta made Messi,.

This is the type of BS that makes you laugh rather than being mad ....

Take Messi outside Bar?a in the last 12-14 years & you will eat that tiki taka of yours which was 90% Messi breaking defenses & playing 1-2 with anyone available.

When tiki taka Died in 2012 he carried this team since.

Same people who thinks Valverde was doing great .... instead it was just Messi having a good form.

For the last decade This team was big if Messi was doing great, not taking the huge role of Xavi/Iniesta of course but saying they made him lol sure you never watched full time matchs !

Last edited:

frostdude1

Some morons in here need to understand one thing:
- Messi?s contract is not why we are in financial crisis. How the club has spent the rest of their money the last 7 years, is!

Nazario1985

Some morons in here need to understand one thing:
- Messi?s contract is not why we are in financial crisis. How the club has spent the rest of their money the last 7 years, is!

They will struggle managing a deli thinking the fridge is too expensive this is why they have debt

KingLeo10

For 550 million over 4 years, I would have a "lot of love" for the club too.

:lol:

Farce of a contract. And a farce of a player.

The board being idiots is nothing new. But I doubt they were willing to gift him that 138 M a year if Messi asked for 50 M a year.

khaled_a_d

Can someone tldr me what has happened today regarding all this news ?

pls dawgs

much appreciated dawgs

Spanish paper El Mundo reveal costs of Leo Messi's contract

Headline: 'The Contract Which Ruined Barcelona'

- ?555,237,619 contract over 4 years
- ?138m per season fixed + variables
- ?115,225,000 as ?renewal fee? for accepting the contract
- ?77,929,955 loyalty bonus

KingLeo10

To put some context into this, Tom Brady (the greatest player in NFL history) has repeatedly taken less money than the top QBs for the last 15 years running...to enable his team to get better talent around him. And this is why he's going for his 7th ring. Takes an enormous amount of leadership and ego swallowing...in service of winning championships.

Messi turned into a money hungry clown somewhere around 2015, forgetting that he only won those CLs because he had Xavi, Iniesta, Alves and co. No player can win the CL by himself (Not Messi, not CR7, not Maradona, not Pele) but the strategy of thinking he could put such huge financial burden on the team while also saying "board didn't build right around me" shows just how detached from reality he has been. Inflated sense of his own abilities. He's GOAT tier (at his best) but not invincible. Deserves the string of CL humiliations attached to his resume.

Home of Barca Fans