Lionel Messi - v7

JamDav1982

I heard wages weren't reduced, just spread out over many years. Same for the wages of all other players.

Well there was not that option for Messi with contract ending so cant be but who knows if the 50m is true anyway.

Some players reduced for a bit on longer contracts but not majority of squad.

Mitchell1978

Well there was not that option for Messi with contract ending so cant be but who knows if the 50m is true anyway.

Some players reduced for a bit on longer contracts but not majority of squad.

I heard they are going to pay parts of Messi's current contract untill 2023, his contract will stil expire in june 2020 though, they just have to continue paying instalments...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Pending interview with Jordi Evole on La Sexta, likely this Sunday - equally likely will be the announcement that he will be leaving at the end of the season IMO

Hardy

I doubt, if and when he leaves sure he'll do a press conference and will be at least after the elections.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I doubt, if and when he leaves sure he'll do a press conference and will be at least after the elections.

I would've thought so too but Evole is not some small time journalist, it's a tremendous stage and so close to when he can freely negotiate with other clubs? Something significant is going to be shared

JamDav1982

I would've thought so too but Evole is not some small time journalist, it's a tremendous stage and so close to when he can freely negotiate with other clubs? Something significant is going to be shared

Maybe, maybe not it is all just guess work and it will happen every time he is linked to an interview from now until he leaves regardless.

Horatio

You're welcome
Pending interview with Jordi Evole on La Sexta, likely this Sunday - equally likely will be the announcement that he will be leaving at the end of the season IMO

Would he do that though? Might disrupt the dressing room. Would be smart to focus on the season first before announcing anything.

fergus90

Would he do that though? Might disrupt the dressing room. Would be smart to focus on the season first before announcing anything.

One could argue that Koeman telling the media that Messi see's himself more out the club than in, as club captain after the worst humiliation in some time was disruptive at the beginning of the season. Then the famous interview takes place, where it wasn't exactly a beacon of light for the season ahead.

So I don't think he would particularly think of it as disruptive now especially when we all know the contract situation, financial situation and general state of the club compared to previous years.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
One could argue that Koeman telling the media that Messi see's himself more out the club than in, as club captain after the worst humiliation in some time was disruptive at the beginning of the season. Then the famous interview takes place, where it wasn't exactly a beacon of light for the season ahead.

So I don't think he would particularly think of it as disruptive now especially when we all know the contract situation, financial situation and general state of the club compared to previous years.

Disruptive, but at least it was at the beginning of the season. Players wouldve time to accept it mentally and prepare and start season having in mind they might do without Messi.

fergus90

Disruptive, but at least it was at the beginning of the season.

That's true, I just mean because of this it wouldn't come as such a huge surprise this time. I'm quite sceptical that Messi chooses to leave at this stage of his career anyway.

Horatio

You're welcome
That's true, I just mean because of this it wouldn't come as such a huge surprise this time. I'm quite sceptical that Messi chooses to leave at this stage of his career anyway.

Dont think he will leave either. Its weird but he seems genuinely happy lately. Maybe working environment has improved for him now that Barto will leave. Not sure if he expects to wins prizes with this team this season, but he might find enjoyment in guiding these new younger players.

JamDav1982

I reckon he will announce he is leaving and give club chance to sell in January. Would stop his name being used in election with fans being left in dark and some hoping he could stay.

He has definitely looked brighter lately and running more.... could be he is motivated by the move away and feeling happier as closer to the end.

Home of Barca Fans