Lionel Messi - v7

Messigician

Jury is not out on Koeman yet, don't rush.

We suffered 2.5 years with Valverde and you want to conclude on Koeman after 6 months?
While - by the way - he already plays (despite DONE Messi 90 min on the pitch) better football than all the football Ernie played in 2.5 years?

We don't know Messi is done, Messi looked bad under Setien too, look at Messi's performance in his last game with Vavlerde in charge GOAT tier performance.

Sorry haters I'm not convinced it's on Messi

henias

Added to all that the fact that (I forgot to mention) he is No 1 in possession losses.

See the whole picture of that (if you are not a Messi blind-irrational zealot) and try to reasonably argue that he is not burdening the team.
Not ONLY he is burdening, but he is STALLING any progress and the few improvements that Koeman has acheived.

Improvements by playing 3 number 10s. sounds about right.

Messigician

🎙[SPORT] | Laporta - "I will do everything that is necessary for Leo Messi to stay at Barca"

The presidential candidate speaks about Messi, Neymar, Koeman, Espai Barca and more on his project if he wins with the media outlet SPORT who will publish the full interview tomorrow

Announce Neymar and Suarez!

Mitchell1978

We suffered 2.5 years with Valverde

The champions league exits were bad but at least Barca dominated the league and made it to back 2 back Copa finals, Messi was still the best player in the world, the team was competitive.

Barca will be lucky to get back to that level.

JohnN

We suffered with EV and now we play better under Koeman but the only thing holding us back is one player. Is anyone starting to realise this is ludicrous?
I will repeat, 1 player is causing us to be 3rd from bottom but everything else is decent. Koeman, clearly better than EV and Setien. Fuck logic, literally.

BBZ8800

We suffered with EV and now we play better under Koeman but the only thing holding us back is one player. Is anyone starting to realise this is ludicrous?
I will repeat, 1 player is causing us to be 3rd from bottom but everything else is decent. Koeman, clearly better than EV and Setien. Fuck logic, literally.

There is only one explanation:
1. Valverde was a GOAT
2. The current Messi is a WOAT

Gaudi

There is only one explanation:
1. Valverde was a GOAT
2. The current Messi is a WOAT

That so black and white perspective...It's neither, we were and are in downfall, all those looses showed us that and we all knew it. Yet, board did nothing or even made things worse with bad signings. You are fooling yourself if you think we would be and different now with EV. All the signs are there for years, it was just a matter of time.

What we need is to re-invent ourself and a coach that will start that process. I'm not sure Koeman is that guy (actually I think he isn't) but EV surely wasn't either.

Daniele

Ah, here is the ad hominem attack. Running out of arguments eh ;)

no I was answering your argument ad hominem (in fact you quoted me) silly boy

Where do you get this? He should get all respect in the world for everything.

really. don't you realize that in this forum there are those who attack the player on a personal level that has nothing to do with sports criticism and respect?

You are talking reason to people that do not know where reason lives.
Deluded to the core and having substituting thinking process in their minds with emotional religious responses of a zealot.

The sooner Messi leaves, when they will suddenly cease to support Barca and start supporting City or PSG (LMAO), the better for this forum

here is the user that I have repeatedly proved to be logically very weak.
Here is a recurring pattern of toxicity from some users of this forum "If you don't follow me in my vision, you are a fake Barcelona fan Messi fanboy".

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
no I was answering your argument ad hominem (in fact you quoted me) silly boy

Where did you answer my argument? You simply attacked my persona instead of responding to the information. You didn't answer shit mate. That is what's called "ad hominem."

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
do not be vague, this sentence is a quote to something I wrote and for which you had already bothered me once

I was reacting to this, not to your decontextualized and screwed up data, bro

I don't even remember this so it wasn't a jab at you specifically. You were the one to quote me lol. So instead of reacting to actual quantitative evidence, you got triggered by my joke and started calling me all sorts of stupid. You see the problem? You cannot engage in discussion, you get offended and instead resort to cheap insults. Then you have the nerve to say that you "have repeatedly proved" someone to be "logically very weak." You still have a long way to go to learn how argumentation works.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Agree. But lack of applied pressure when the possession is lost is also a big issue against a deep block.

So, when you play a deep "bus" so to speak, naturally, as a defending team, you win the ball back (when you do) very close to your 16m area. That's risky, and a big reason why parking the bus invites a lot of pressure in dangerous areas. So if the attacking team is intense and pushes up with an aggressive press, two of the following things usually happen: you either win the ball back and catch your opponent off position (since they expand by transitioning from defensive to attacking phase), or the defending team kicks it long to basically avoid bad give-aways due to pressure mounting. But if you do not apply pressure, they have enough time to orchestrate counters and punish you for committing too many men forward.

And that's what Cadiz did in the 2nd half. Very rarely were they forced to kick it long because we rarely pressed well. Usually, they just maneuvered the ball starting from deep and even created dangerous counters that could've ended in even more goals conceded for us.

So, the thing with too many cooks is true, but this is only a problem in our positional attacking phase. There are many more problems in more aspects of play, because a slow, low work-rate, lazy team brings bad things everywhere. Here, the lack of pressing and counter-pressing is making our transition game slow and ineffective. Fast transitions and efficient counter-pressing is exactly how you punish teams that defend too deep. That's why we're unable to exploit gaps in the opponent's line when they appear.

We are so bad at creating and exploiting space that we made a mediocre team like Cadiz look like 2010 Inter.

Totally agree. Our press was poor and Koeman to his credit, acknowledged that the players made numerous mistakes off the ball.

That said, Liverpool are able to counter-press effectively with Salah free, doing very similarly to what Messi does so I just want to be clear that I am not one to say that Messi and his tendencies alone are the problem, merely that Koeman needs to learn from our successful games and not so successful games and put the right players around Messi.

Which is why I come back to the lineup. I am really sick of Coutinhos attitude when he plays: he does not press, he throws tantrums and sulks when he plays LW, can not be bothered to even try to make a run in behind, he just stands there and waits for the ball. It is like he thinks he can do the sort of stuff Messi does by just passing sideways or backwards whenever he does get the ball. We need to move on with him.

Bottom line for me: it is either Greizmann or Messi, Coutinho needs to be dropped indefinitely and Busi-Frenkie just does not work for the pivot combination. Those changes, I think at least, will help.

Daniele

I don't even remember this so it wasn't a jab at you specifically. You were the one to quote me lol. So instead of reacting to actual quantitative evidence, you got triggered by my joke and started calling me all sorts of stupid. You see the problem? You cannot engage in discussion, you get offended and instead resort to cheap insults. Then you have the nerve to say that you "have repeatedly proved" someone to be "logically very weak." You still have a long way to go to learn how argumentation works.

ahah ok, guide me through the path of knowledge
(btw, seriously do you think we can argue with you? you never express a concept EVER)

Home of Barca Fans