Lionel Messi - v7

CatalinR10

So, on Messi.

So when Messi plays a lot , it's due to him deciding , he's a piece of shit for doing so, he cannot be convinced to rest , he does what he wants , he's a piece of shit for not thinking about the team , etc

When Messi rests , and rested this week , it's clearly due to Koeman , he clearly spoke to Messi to convince him , he should be praised for that , etc

When Messi plays in a way , it's due to him , he's at fault for not wanting to change his approach on games ,for us losing the games , he's done , etc

If Messi somehow becomes better , it's due to the coach , let's praise the coach , etc .

Any negative aspect related to this club is because of Messi.

Any positive thing related to this club , about Messi's way of playing , the team doing well , is related to Koeman and others.

Gotcha.

Gnidrologist

Look, it doesn't even matter what Messi does or does not. You just had to watch how cucked our whole squad behaves around him on the pitch. Trying to make impossible one-twos, when it's clear he will be too slow and out muscled to receive. Busquets and DJ always giving him the ball in the center of pitch and doing nothing themselves. Unlike in CL games, no one makes any moves among each other for quick triangles, because everyone is anticipating that moment, when after 10 sideways passes the ball will be given to Messi, who will fail at dribbling or make a dud pass. Everyone sees that the king is naked by now, but are too intimidated by his legendary status to snap out of this paralysis and it WILL continue like this until he is gone.
It's all so tiresome.

Daniele

Look, it doesn't even matter what Messi does or does not. You just had to watch how cucked our whole squad behaves around him on the pitch. Trying to make impossible one-twos, when it's clear he will be too slow and out muscled to receive. Busquets and DJ always giving him the ball in the center of pitch and doing nothing themselves. Unlike in CL games, no one makes any moves among each other for quick triangles, because everyone is anticipating that moment, when after 10 sideways passes the ball will be given to Messi, who will fail at dribbling or make a dud pass. Everyone sees that the king is naked by now, but are too intimidated by his legendary status to snap out of this paralysis and it WILL continue like this until he is gone.
It's all so tiresome.

ok I've had enough.
This tactical reconstruction is a parody of reality.
And the funny thing is that it comes from a dozen of users here all influencing each other.
Illuminating on how beliefs are created on a social level within small groups of people.
You are blinded from assigning the role of scapegoat to someone.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
ok I've had enough.
And the funny thing is that it comes from a dozen of users here all influencing each other.
Illuminating on how beliefs are created on a social level within small groups of people.

It is true though. When Messi plays, the team plays differently, they are slower, they give the ball to Messi and they forget what they are supposed to do and become spectators.

Seriously, let?s not assign blame here, for the good of the team and even for Messi himself, he should play less, less frequently and certainly not for entire 90 minutes again.

Blackened

He just cannot have declined so much in so little time. I bet if Pochettino was a coach, Messi (and thus the whole team) would perform better. He needs an amigo.

Devils

I dont even think it's as bad of a decline physically as its being made out to be.

He clearly does not want to be here and is not happy playing football at Barca. His head isn't in it anymore.This is why his perceived decline is worse than it actually is.

He knows his time here is almost over and he also knows that despite there being a new board and president coming in that everyone knows economically affording his salary and bonuses is not something Barca can afford next year.

This man has literally no reason to be motivated at this club. His time is done here, he knows it , the club knows it and the economics all prove it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I dont even think it's as bad of a decline physically as its being made out to be.

He clearly does not want to be here and is not happy playing football at Barca. His head isn't in it anymore.This is why his perceived decline is worse than it actually is.

He knows his time here is almost over and he also knows that despite there being a new board and president coming in that everyone knows economically affording his salary and bonuses is not something Barca can afford next year.

This man has literally no reason to be motivated at this club. His time is done here, he knows it , the club knows it and the economics all prove it.

Copy this post to all presidential candidates who center their campaign on renewing Messi.

sikkboy

ok I've had enough.

It is tiresome BS. Just go and google Messi vs Cadiz and see if he doesn't care, or didn't try. He was doing everything that's expected of him, running in behnd, creating with the 2nd best player on the day, Busquets a great chance for Braithwaite (excellent save!). Created the goal. continually getting on the ball trying to make things happen. Drop Messi Barca ain't goingto suddenly play like Munich, or Spurs, or Chelsea or Leipzig. :lol:

Devils

Copy this post to all presidential candidates who center their campaign on renewing Messi.

Renew a player, who will be 34 years old and who wants to leave by offering him a massive salary cut?

I mean it would be stupid for any candidate to campaign with any other sort of objective but let's be realistic.

Last edited:

Rory

Is there a single presidential candidate who?s central theme is Messi? From what I?ve seen he?s part of a plan but not central to it. They all seem to judt say he needs to be respected and he can have a future here.

Font: Xavi, la masia, barca dna
Laporta: I?m not Bartomeu and la mas?a
Others: not too dissimilar

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Renew a player, who will be 34 years old and who wants to leave by offering him a massive salary cut?

I mean it would be stupid for any candidate to campaign with any other sort of objective but let's be realistic.

They will offer him a pay raise at the expense of other dire needs. Openly saying "I will let Messi leave" is a suicidal move.

That is the sad state of some socis and fans in Barcelona and Catalonia. To many of them Messi is bigger than the club.

Hopefully once elected the new president will succumb to common sense.

Home of Barca Fans