Lionel Messi - v7

KingLeo10

Yes you can. If you are that talented. I'm talking hardworking and dedication when compared to Ronaldo, probably the best in these areas, not some burger flipper at McDonalds.

Messi doesn't want it anywhere near as much as Ronaldo. Way off base here.

It's actually a compliment to Messi's natural ability that, in his prime, he dominated a supreme athlete like Ronaldo who was desperate and obsessed with being better than him.

You didn't have to bring in Suarez into this comparison you know.

:griezmann:

BBZ8800

Also it's mildly frustrating to see him try to score a direct goal from a corner in every single game, sometimes more than once. Really wants that goal. I think even goalkeepers are aware of the fact he's going to shoot now. The uber rare goals from corners work because the GKs don't expect a shot from there, but what's the point when you're trying it every time?

I was never mad at Messi in previous years.
But lately he has really dumb and weird decisions.

I won't even mention walking and not defending.
But he is really killing our attacks now.

In the last 3 matches without him, the whole team was flying.
All players moved around a field freely and passed freely. They had several passing options.

After 10 minutes of this match, I have said to myself: I can't watch this.

When Messi is on a field, our players turn into braindead zombies who are afraid of him, who can't pass freely anymore.

Messi takes every ball, slows down and plays some stupid hero balls.

Remember how all teams played parked buses against us in post-TikiTaka days.
And later we figured out that they are parking a bus due to our slow buildup and sterile passing around the box, so the opponents don't have any other option.
So, it was not their CHOICE to park a bus, it was a product of our GAME.

Lately I think that Messi is a huge reason why we are slow in a build up and attack and why teams are parking a bus.

Imagine a match without Messi:
= if Cou has a counter, he will release a pass fast to Braith or Griezz.
And we will shoot 10 seconds later.

The same action with Messi on a field: Cou can't play a fast pass. He needs to slow down and pass to Messi. Braith and Griezz won't get the ball behind the defence in a counterattack.
Messi will slow down, dwell on a ball, wait until the opponent parks the bus and then he'll try a hero looped through ball to Alba or some weird, illogical shit.
Once out of 10 attempts, that pass will work and some fans will say: but but but he had 2 key passes.

Yes, he did.
But he lost like 18 other balls, killed counters, killed the movement from our attackers etc.

He is ruining majority of actions and his decisions are quite dumb lately.

People laughed at Kiev and Ferenc.
We could have scored 10+ easy goals in 2 matches without Messi.

But when Messi returned against a mighty Cadiz, we play worse and slower than ever.

You don't need to be a Sherlock to figure out some patterns and why do we suck lately.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

All players moved around a field freely and passed freely. They had several passing options.

When Messi is on a field, our players turn into braindead zombies who are afraid of him, who can't pass freely anymore.

And later we figured out that they are parking a bus due to our slow buildup and sterile passing around the box, so the opponents don't have any other option.

Lately I think that Messi is a huge reason why,we are slow in build up and attack and why teams are parking a bus.

The same action with Messi on a field: Cou can't play a fast pass. He needs to slow down and pass to Messi. Braith and Griezz won't get the ball behind the defence in a counterattack.
Messi will slow down, dwell on a ball, wait jntil the opponent parks the bus and then he'll try a her looped through ball to Alba or some weird, illogical shit.
Once out of 10 attempts, that pass will work andc some fans will say: but but but he had 2 key passes.

Yes, he did.
But he lost like 18 other balls, killed counters, killed the movement from our attackers etc.

He is ruining majority of actions and his deciosions are quite dumb lately.

But when Messi returned against a mighty Cadiz, we play worse and slower than ever.

You don't need to be a Sherlock to figure out some patterns and why do we suck lately.

The true question is:

Have we sunk like the Titanic yet?

:umtiti:

FinBarcelonafan

So, it was not their CHOICE to park a bus, it was a product of our GAME.

Lately I think that Messi is a huge reason why we are slow in a build up and attack and why teams are parking a bus.

Messi will slow down, dwell on a ball, wait until the opponent parks the bus and then he'll try a hero looped through ball to Alba or some weird, illogical shit.
Once out of 10 attempts, that pass will work and some fans will say: but but but he had 2 key passes.

Yes, he did.

He is ruining majority of actions and his decisions are quite dumb lately.

BBZ is right. Messi is slowing us down too much. We are at the point where he makes us worse.

Raketa10

Yes you can. If you are that talented. I'm talking hardworking and dedication when compared to Ronaldo, probably the best in these areas, not some burger flipper at McDonalds.

Messi doesn't want it anywhere near as much as Ronaldo. Way off base here.

It's actually a compliment to Messi's natural ability that, in his prime, he dominated a supreme athlete like Ronaldo who was desperate and obsessed with being better than him.

No you can't. Is Dembele talented? He definitely is! So why is he not succeeding than? Because he is a lazy idiot. There were many highly talented players who ruined their careers because they were lazy or stupid.

In today's world of sports it is simply impossible to reach the GOAT level if you are not hardworking and dedicated. Players that reach the highest level live for football 24 hours a day. That's the only truth and you know it.

If 10% of things you wrote were true Messi would end up like Ronaldinho did. However, he carried Barca basically alone for the last few seasons. His highly paid teammates only waited for him to earn their salaries. Two seasons ago he singlehandedly brought Barca on the verge of winning CL but 3-0 (and chance created for 4-0) in the SF was not enough for Alba and the likes of him.

He is now almost 34 and he is declining. That's a perfectly natural process and you may or may not like it. To be fair, it would be strange if it was any different considering how long he lasted with his physique.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

The true question is:

Have we sunk like the Titanic yet?

:umtiti:

In terms of league standings, we can't be worse than this.

In terms of longterm winning titles and CL campaigns, we haven't reached the bottom yet.

But La liga wise, even with Dembouz as a captain paired with Riki, Alena, Trincao, we wouldn't play worse than with a current Messi.

The worst thing is: he will get slower and slower, more and more tired and worse and worse each new month.

I told a few weeks ago: look at his decline from May till now.
Now imagine where he'll be in 6 months.

I seriously don't believe he'll be able to play anywhere in Europe after this season.

Footballing wise, his current performances aren't worth more than 5m in wages.

Who on Earth will pay 100m wages for this version of Messi (and especially for Messi in 6 months?)

Only sheiks to improve their brand.

We all know that isn't going to happen. The idiot electees are going to do everything in their power to keep Messi happy. They're going to put us in further debt just to keep Messi here.

I just don't get how they see Messi as the future when he's 34 next year. True Barcelona fans will understand if Messi wants to play for another club. He's earned it. We'll wish him the best and hope he wins trophies.

He has a good chance to 1. Find joy again alongside true friends like Neymar or Ag?ero and 2. Win the CL without risking to meet Bar?a because we all know Bar?a won't play CL next year.

Perfect plan for our man. Let's hope!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He has a good chance to 1. Find joy again alongside true friends like Neymar or Ag?ero and 2. Win the CL without risking to meet Bar?a because we all know Bar?a won't play CL next year.

Perfect plan for our man. Let's hope!

Let's hope Messi tells the new president to fuck off, puts his feet on the ground and leaves next summer.

If he wins another CL with City or PSG or some other club, good for him. I couldn't care less though.

Hardy

start to annoying me with his corners, he really think someday he'll score from there? dude wake up, time of miracles is done. and maybe he should leave as well some freekick, enough of his pathetic powerless shots that barely pass the barrier.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
No club will be a challenger for the CL with the way he is playing even if he gets reunited with his buddies, he's done, plain and simple... It's shocks me that Ney and Pep think he would make them stronger...

Sure. But he's the first to blame for the slow-ass game we're playing. By far. Also the first responsible for why poor Dest is all alone vs 3-4 players. Also the first to blame for why Braithwaite is isolated. The list is long.

Alarm bells are ringing when you look the best and fastest when he's not playing. It's clear what needs to be done but nobody in the club has the guts to do it. like The Emperor's New Clothes tale.

Nobody? 🤣 What a clownass. Maybe... Messi himself? Nobody more than him wanted to leave this circus more than him.
You're incel everybody know that, but also living in a basement for the last months/years?
You're the one talking trash about a player who never heard of your existence and want the hell outta here. I'm very curious about your whereabouts. Forum de amigos only? 👀

Home of Barca Fans