Lionel Messi - v7

FCBfan22

Lol, so you think anyone would pay 160 million for this washed up Messi for 1 year of football :lol:?

Not 160. 60.

Would take even 50 actually.

Some Messi fanboys will come at me, but he sadly needs to go. He is completely unmotivated to play for us.

serghei

Not 160. 60.

Would take even 50 actually.

Some Messi fanboys will come at me, but he sadly needs to go. He is completely unmotivated to play for us.

Not what I meant. I meant Messi will cost a fortune for a new team.

I think it's a possibility he will extend and milk the club even more than he's been doing for about a year. I doubt any future president is smart and ballsy enough to not try to extend him.

Flavius

12 points behind the leader. Unbelievable. Level of Messi is the level of Barca these days. We need him back, otherwise doomed season. He really should make the decision next season. He doesn't play with heart right now, you can see it...

Jadentheman

To be fair Messi was ready to leave, but he was forced to stay behind and now is struggling with a team being built to function without him.

pregra

No one will pay anything for Messi in january. Not a chance in hell. Not like he suddenly transforms to the Messi of old with another club. Every director in world football can see that he is going downhill fast.

Givenchy

Messi isn't to blame for our defence being a clown fiesta

His decline is really surprising though, i knew he'd slow down but the way players just strip him of the ball these days is sad to watch. its like in his mind hes still 21 years old with blistering pace.

pregra

Of course not his fault we lost but he was very poor. When did he last play a great game away from home? Was decent vs Juve I guess...

serghei

Messi isn't to blame for our defence being a clown fiesta

His decline is really surprising though, i knew he'd slow down but the way players just strip him of the ball these days is sad to watch. its like in his mind hes still 21 years old with blistering pace.

Sure. But he's the first to blame for the slow-ass game we're playing. By far. Also the first responsible for why poor Dest is all alone vs 3-4 players. Also the first to blame for why Braithwaite is isolated. The list is long.

Alarm bells are ringing when you look the best and fastest when he's not playing. It's clear what needs to be done but nobody in the club has the guts to do it. It's like The Emperor's New Clothes tale.

Last edited:

Rory

Guy had a shambolic second half and was positionally quite bad again. But I don't see how he was the major reason we lost this game. We literally had a backline that could steal the show in Cirque de Soleil

He wasn't the major reason, it's just a few people who are the most frequent posters drive the conversation into that. It's a shame there's not a thread to talk about all the other ways our team is useless where Messi isn't mentioned because man it's boring.

Gnidrologist

It's like he has lost at least two magnitudes of quickness during a year time. Lacking pace was a problem long ago, but he turning around his axis slower than Busquets now. No amount of natural talent will help with this. The same with passing. Because of this sluggishness he botches a lot of simple passes because too slow to release in time. the physical condition of his is sunday league level. hope someone ill be fool enough to buy him in winter.
And at least don't play him at the same time as Busquets. Two snail effect again.

Home of Barca Fans