Lionel Messi - v7

Blackened

In terms of peak dribbling, how would you guys rank from best to worst: George Best, Diego Maradona, Brazilian Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Messi, Cristiano?

malvolio

Can he win an election saying he is not going to renew Messi though. It's Socio's who are voting, not Sergei'os.

Best case option is to say you want to keep Messi, but Messi signs a contract with another club already.

Last thing we need is a whole election campaign revolving around keeping Messi and whether Xavi wants toast for breakfast or cheerios.

Why would Messi agree to be the campaign mascot of a presidential candidate if he signs for another club?

JamDav1982

But to be a good president right now, you need to assume that you will get heat for making the tough but necessary decisions. Who is not willing to be a man and take it and move forward is not right for the job.

We don't need people who will continue this pretend game that is going on for years. That we're still a great team and that our older players are still the best. Far far from it. The reality needs to be accepted.

He doesnt need to promise Messi and CLs.

It cant make him seem out of touch and then lead to him being seen a a fraud if doesnt happen.

Font is not doing that anyway. He wants Messi to stay and believes it is best for club.

malvolio

Promising CLs would be stupid anyway. But serghei/BBZ type of "fans" might fall for it, since all they dream of is CL KOs wins.

olivis

In terms of peak dribbling, how would you guys rank from best to worst: George Best, Diego Maradona, Brazilian Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Messi, Cristiano?

What the heck is Cristiano doing in a discussion about dribbling? Even in his own generation there have been/are plenty of far better dribblers, like Neymar or Ribery.

Of the list you put out Cristiano would be dead last.

Morten

Cristiano was a good dribbler in his younger years, but its still weird to compare him to the others on that list.

Daniele

Incels?? Seriously? You have gone that far?

This is despicable

Just fooling around mate, didn't mean to hurt your sensivity

1) Maradona/Messi (equal, but the first had little more style)

2) Ronaldinho/Ronaldo (the first more flashy, the other more concrete)

3) Denilson :rockon:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Lionel Messi has scored just one non-penalty goal from 4.33(NPxG) so far this season.

The largest underperformance of any La Liga player.

It is official, he is the worst striker in La Liga! (For obvious reasons, I am half-joking).

serghei

I get what you're saying.

But at this point we're not even in a position to "sell" Messi. In 5 weeks he can sign with whoever he wants. If he has decided to leave he'll go and nobody can do anything to prevent him. That's why Font's words are stupid. If he'd say something like "we'll do our best to build a winning team and we want Messi as a part of that team" it would still express his wish to keep him but at the same time also sound more realistic knowing Messi and not Font is ultimately the one who will decide his own future. And accepting the fact Messi could leave would also turn out better for Font if that will actually happen. I know it's politics but you should never make a promise you have absolutely no power to realize. And anyone realistic enough knows that's true in Messi's case.

But it's not as simple as "he will sign for whoever he wants" because his demands are insane. So the market for him if City are not interested anymore is nonexistent in Europe. Maybe PSG, but I doubt it.

Then he will probably stay and extend since he has no other options. And then we will have a big problem. A financial problem, a tactical problem, a fitness problem, a problem in terms of authority in the team, and so on. All issues which are critical to be fixed for a quick rebuild.

Maybe there's a slim chance Messi could finally realize that he's less than half the player he was, and acts accordingly. Maybe he drops the self-entitledness, works harder, realizes the club is in a tough spot financially and accepts a drastic wage reduction. The stuff a real leader does. That could be a good solution, and people will remember him better in time.

If not, he'll continue to leave a bitter taste. I already place Xavi and Iniesta above him in terms of legend status, even though Messi is the better player. Because legend is not only about how you play, but also how you respect the club outside of the football pitch. Messi is failing at that.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

But it's not that simple as "he will sign for whoever he wants" because his demands are insane. So the market for him if City are not interested anymore is nonexistent in Europe. Maybe PSG, but I doubt it.

So, if there are no buyers that would be desperate to overpay him, he will probably stay and extend. And then we will have a big problem. A financial problem, a tactical problem, a problem in terms of authority in the team, and so on.

Maybe there's a slim chance Messi could finally realize that he's less than half the player he was, and acts accordingly. That could be a decent solution. Keeping him on much lower wages and more reduced role.

City can still do it if and particularly if they include post career incentives.

Messi would have to take less than now though surely.

He will have options even if not City.. there will be loads of links to and from them regardless if they are really interested from now until he signs next contract.

Messi would be better for City than he is at Barca.

Caps

Messi
Maradona
Dinho
Iniesta
Ronaldo
Best

I put Iniesta in instead of CR because its absurd CR is in this list. I also think at his peak Iniestas dribbling is still underrated compared to the all time greats, mostly because he dribbles while moving slowly or staying in the same spot.

I also say this as someone whos seen all of these players live (Though with Maradona it was just once and I was very, very young)

serghei

City can still do it if and particularly if they include post career incentives.

Messi would have to take less than now though surely.

He will have options even if not City.. there will be loads of links to and from them regardless if they are really interested from now until he signs next contract.

Messi would be better for City than he is at Barca.

I don't know if he'd be better. Some positives, but also some negatives. EPL is much stronger than La Liga is now, and Messi is terrible in La Liga. City is on the way down as well.

Could be a terrible move for Messi tbh.

Home of Barca Fans