Lionel Messi - v7

Morten

We also had Xavi, Iniesta, Alves as ALL-TIME greats on those teams. Messi was the best player of those teams. He led fuck all.

The only excusable loss is to Pool where he did play his best in the tie but we still came up short. He was atrocious v Roma, Bayern, and Juve.

Tbh, nothing he could do against Bayern, that game was only ever going to end one way, years in the making.

Rory

Everyone loses their minds on this thread after a loss. I can't think of one player we own that is top 20 for their position based on form over the last 2 years (big enough sample size of games). Possibly Alba (because of bad left backs in the world) after that maybe Ter stegen?

Kuchi

Was robbed 3-4 years of his legacy, by a board that was always looking back, trying to paper the cracks after loosing key team elemnets around messi, never looking at what messi's game evolved into, or how teams started countering our play, just panic buys and no vision...he is done here, sadly and i think the last great thing he can do is get us a big fat transfer fee. Sad as fuck...

Altomonte

however, he did well against Napoli. And he did not get enough rest before Bayern game.
Messi's weakness (needs more rest between important games than other top players) is greatly magnified by COVID schedules.
His socalled massive decline can be explained by it.

KingLeo10

Everyone loses their minds on this thread after a loss. I can't think of one player we own that is top 20 for their position based on form over the last 2 years (big enough sample size of games). Possibly Alba (because of bad left backs in the world) after that maybe Ter stegen?

If you don't think FDJ is a top 20 deep midfielder/midfielder in the world, I don't know what to tell you. I've been a fan of Messi for the past maybe 15 years but he is declining on all cylinders and we can't afford his tactical mess + 100 M wages anymore with respect to his trash production.

Rory

If you don't think FDJ is a top 20 deep midfielder/midfielder in the world, I don't know what to tell you. I've been a fan of Messi for the past maybe 15 years but he is declining on all cylinders and we can't afford his tactical mess + 100 M wages anymore with respect to his trash production.

Based on form I said, but I don't expect anyone to properly read what I put. He might just get in but his form since he arrived hasn't been top 20 for various reasons. Playing better recently to his credit and hopefully it continues.

I said Messi should have gone in the summer so you don't need to convince me of that

malvolio

FDJ is trash or on the verge of, since he came here. Aside from 2-3 matches when the games were open and the whole team looked good, he was wank.

Did you factor in the money we spent and still spending for FDJ, Griezmann, Dmebele or Coutinho?

Laplacian

We also had Xavi, Iniesta, Alves as ALL-TIME greats on those teams. Messi was the best player of those teams. He led fuck all.

The only excusable loss is to Pool where he did play his best in the tie but we still came up short. He was atrocious v Roma, Bayern, and Juve.

It's annoying, isn't it? Messi's the greatest player in this club, but the way his fans frame Barcelona's success over the past 15 years as if it was only attributed to Messi's ability is such an insult to the club. So many stand out performers in 2009, 2011, and 2015 - Eto'o, Villa, Iniesta, Xavi, Dani Alves, Suarez, Neymar; literally the best forwards and midfielders of their generation and yet in the revisionist eyes of Messi fanboys it's "Barca is nothing without Leo"...

Man I love this player but I can't fucking wait for him to leave with all his fanboys. Fucking christ.

JamDav1982

It's annoying, isn't it? Messi's the greatest player in this club, but the way his fans frame Barcelona's success over the past 15 years as if it was only attributed to Messi's ability is such an insult to the club. So many stand out performers in 2009, 2011, and 2015 - Eto'o, Villa, Iniesta, Xavi, Dani Alves, Suarez, Neymar; literally the best forwards and midfielders of their generation and yet in the revisionist eyes of Messi fanboys it's "Barca is nothing without Leo"...

Man I love this player but I can't fucking wait for him to leave with all his fanboys. Fucking christ.

They argue it is all about Messi and then say Messi was let down by squad not being good enough to win more CLs.

Contradict themselves depending on what argument is at that point.

serghei

People still continue with this shit, it's unbelievable.

Messi won 3CLs as a main player. 2 with the greatest side ever, and 1 with the greatest attack ever assembled. He carried fuck all.

Yes, he was the best player in those teams, but those sides were filled with amazing players in every position almost. Without all those incredible players around him, Messi proved he can't do shit at the highest level.

Home of Barca Fans