Lionel Messi - v7

Daniele

They mean fck because Messi ruined almost every match.

Remove him from 6 matches with his 0/36 success rate and put anyone else.

Sorry but you really don't know where the logic lives.
Of course out of 36 shots most of the existing players would probably have scored more than 0.
But that proves absolutely nothing LOL.
IS simply logic: the player who replaces Messi has a probability close to 0 to make 36 shots.
Why does Messi touch so many balls and take 36 shots? Because he is always at the center of the game.
Why is he at the center of the game? Because he was (and perhaps currently considered by his companions) the best.
There are not interchangeable scenarios. The only fact is that he has a problem finalizing. I believe it is mental. The rest of your arguments use a kind of logic that has no basis in Western logic (and not even Eastern LOL)

Last edited:

ItachiXXX

There's a reason why forum de amigos are not real football managers and just a forum pundits that nobody gives a fvck outside this forum. Imagine benching Kobe because he missed a lot :lol:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
There's a reason why forum de amigos are not real football managers and just a forum pundits that nobody gives a fvck outside this forum. Imagine benching Kobe because he missed a lot :lol:

You are a pathetic troll, mate :lol: presume you are a real football manager? Enlighten me.

feggydinho

Sorry but you really don't know where the logic lives.
Of course out of 36 shots most of the existing players would probably have scored more than 0.
But that proves absolutely nothing LOL.
IS simply logic: the player who replaces Messi has a probability close to 0 to make 36 shots.
Why does Messi touch so many balls and take 36 shots? Because he is always at the center of the game.
Why is he at the center of the game? Because he was (and perhaps currently considered by his companions) the best.
There are not interchangeable scenarios. The only fact is that he has a problem finalizing. I believe it is mental. The rest of your arguments use a kind of logic that has no basis in Western culture (and not even Eastern LOL)

I still don't get why people aren't seeing what's obvious. Messi is 33 years and currently kills the team chemistry, if he continues playing the same way he has so far this season, then I don't think we would even be in top 5 by the ending of the year (except we bench him and try another approach).

Daniele

I still don't get why people aren't seeing what's obvious. Messi is 33 years and currently kills the team chemistry, if he continues playing the same way he has so far this season, then I don't think we would even be in top 5 by the ending of the year (except we bench him and try another approach).

This is your respectable opinion.
As well as mine that by better administering the player, and if he unlocks mentally, he can still be a valuable asset.

(btw I wonder what this great alchemy of Koeman's team is, maybe it's just me who has never seen it)

Last edited:

Daniele

So much drama about nothing. What do you mean failed? He didnt scored, yes. We lost points like we already had this season, yes. Were we unlucky? Tell me no please. You guys always bring something like fanboyism, its true, im a fan of a guy who carried this shitshow of a team for a 4 years span without that much help of other complaced fuckers, and now, when our main guy is out of form, with his head clearly not in his place in this exact moment, you would crucify him like he is some andre gomes level player. For fuck sake, even jesus would be jealous of those kinda of judas in barca's rank.

This is the clearest reading of what happens in this forum with the criticisms of Messi

Birdy

So much drama about nothing. What do you mean failed? He didnt scored, yes. We lost points like we already had this season, yes. Were we unlucky? Tell me no please. You guys always bring something like fanboyism, its true, im a fan of a guy who carried this shitshow of a team for a 4 years span without that much help of other complaced fuckers, and now, when our main guy is out of form, with his head clearly not in his place in this exact moment, you would crucify him like he is some andre gomes level player. For fuck sake, even jesus would be jealous of those kinda of judas in barca's rank.

Read my post again to see what I mean 'failed'. I explained it very clearly.

But, seriously, you use the word 'judas' to describe people that criticize Messi?
You need to cool down, mate. Try to understand the sport, instead of surrendering yourself to blind emotions

Messigician

We are so fucked

Tusquets: "Economical issues? I don't want to say that it's a dramatic situation, but it's highly worrisome. Nobody foresaw such a situation. We cannot do anything. This worsens day by day. Our sponsors renegotiate downwards if they have less visibility.

BarcaOG

Banned

It doesn't work like that mate. By your logic we should re-sign Ronaldinho for everything he did for us. Messi is not beyond criticism. That he was great in previous years doesn't mean much today. This is professional sports, not a charity

snowy

I was exaggerating, did not provide an actual stat.
But since you did some work to answer, here is my reply for you:

What is the usefulness of 13 take-ons if in the very next move he surrendered possession??
What part of the 77% success rate passes were made close to the opposition box?
He was straight-away dispossessed 3 times, but if you add all his misplaced passes and moves that resulted in a loss of possession?? Oh boy, oh boy...

(unfortunately I did not manage to find the sophisticated stats I want in the usual places I look, so I have to rely on a qualitative-descriptive analysis)
Here is a 9 min clip with every touch by Messi from the game vs Alaves

What do we see in the clip? We see him surrendering possession around half of the time he touches the ball. Either with a failed dribble or with a misplaced pass or with a poor shot.
I do not have the count, but check it yourself.

Now, what about the ones that did not? Most of these are easy passes to his teammates originating close to the halfway line and away from the opposition's box.
And I don't even mention all the other problematic aspects: his positional chaos, his slowness both of the tempo and of his runs, his decision-making (every time he chooses to do his thing there is always a better option), etc ...

All in all, the whole game, he provided danger only twice: the FK that was saved on the line (1.39 min in the clip) and a shot from inside the box in the 2nd half (6.00 min in the clip). So, only once from open play.
Whatever he tried close to the opposition box, the area where he is supposed to create danger, failed.

So, what can the Messi fanboys here (not you) that are blindly supporting him answer to that fact?
That we need a better Frenkie or Busi to pass the ball from the halfway line to the other pivot or to full back in a regressed position?
Messi fanboys, you have to come up with something better than this.
You are ridiculing yourselves with that kind of argumentation.

Need Lady Luck to stop snubbing us. As of late, he only assisted Own Goal and a few pre-assists early in the season. It's like the Goal factory has been shut down due to Covid regulations

So question is: how can we turn the power back on or is it really too late?

here's the location of his passes in the Alaves match:

Leo-vs-Alaves-passes.jpg

and his dribbles:

Leo-vs-Alaves-dribbles.jpg

Think most will agree that it would be best for him to stay up to max our chances. With current midfield and even Lenglet and Pique 90% passes, there really is no need to drop back.
We're stacked with technical players who can make those through-line passes, carry it forward, or both.
ie. in your video link, see that run he makes at 26th sec, let some1 else do it, and instead be on the receiving end of that pass... then he'd have 100% of his energy boost to beat the final line and score the goal or assist it.
Really think he'd gain in efficiency (as in less touches but way more success due to more optimal energy usage)

Those solo runs + golazos look cool and super heroic but even when they work, no way is it sustainable over the full season. First, it almost guarantees a totally drained Walking Dead Leo come CL reckoning time and 2nd, it dulls the senses of our midfield and fbs/wingers who are the ones in charge getting the ball up top.

Wanna see more of 5:58 and 6:58 actions. That's the Golden Spot for Leo!

He attempted like 10 shots at goal (5 on target and 3 blocked) and none of them found the net. wut whaaaaaa ... we should call the shrink and the voodoo priestess

and the :police: cuz somebody stole his mojo!!! I suspect it's Colgate :sherlock:

in the upcoming vs Kiev, would be dope to see something like this:

1st half

Ansu - BraithW - Trink
Griezz
Frenkie - Pjanic
Firpo - Lenglet - Pique/Araujo (fit?) - Dest
Neto

2nd half

Ansu - Messi - Bouz
Pedri - Puig
Pjanic (best give Dej some rest?)
Alba - Lenglet - Pique/Ar - Dest
Neto​

5-20 was so cool :D

Kul_z

Read my post again to see what I mean 'failed'. I explained it very clearly.

But, seriously, you use the word 'judas' to describe people that criticize Messi?
You need to cool down, mate. Try to understand the sport, instead of surrendering yourself to blind emotions

Nope, i watch games. I know what i saw. IF he managed to score in those last couple of games you would all sing another song.

Kul_z

It doesn't work like that mate. By your logic we should re-sign Ronaldinho for everything he did for us. Messi is not beyond criticism. That he was great in previous years doesn't mean much today. This is professional sports, not a charity

Nope, ronaldinho was done and dusted, partied a lot, fat and uninterested, complacent. Messi is not.

Home of Barca Fans