Lionel Messi - v7

serghei

No9 is not a good position either. He plays a lot sandwiched between two players.

Griezmann

Fati - Coutinho/Pedri - Messi.

De Jong - Pjanic.

This is the team. But Messi needs to play right. Not go near Coutinho/Pedri all the time.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
people fail to understand this and think we have some players that are just intimidated by messi. otherwise griezmann would be platini, dembele would be henry, trincao - figo and fati - eto'o.

at this point i would really like for him to get injured or something, just to see this miracle squad we have when messi is not there.

This is not unimaginable at all. Not that players will automatically unleash their potentials and become much better necessarily when Messi is gone (or not playing), but it makes perfect sense that some of them are intimidated by him and hesitate to do their things and instead just pass the ball to Messi.

CatalinR10

Let's hope The GOAT , The Best Fifa Football Player , Ballon D'or and Laureus award scores against Dinamo Kiev.

@Pedro

@KingLeo10

@Vilarrubi

@Hardy

@Devils

@Malvolio

Total-Football

There is little doubt that if you replace Messi with say a Rashford you'd improve the team after a run of 10-12 months. You'd be improving in speed, goals, cohesiveness, hard work, positioning, nearly on everything except some genius plays here and there.

We don't need a rashford post-Messi. We have similar men. We need a target man. Aka haaland so that the boys around him like fati and pedri can target.

Sailor Mars

This is the most ridiculous argument to defend.
You are deluded and biased to the core.
Wake up and start watching the actual game, instead of projecting your fantasies on reality

I did watch the game and its rich to hear from you calling me deluded. I could easily call you deluded for believing that having Messi stick to a position or replacing him would produce better results.

There is no real creativity from this team. If we played exactly the way others on this forum wanted, we would just be aimlessly passing the ball around while teams sat back watching.

Most of the squad isn't good enough and the rest are too young.

serghei

We don't need a rashford post-Messi. We have similar men. We need a target man. Aka haaland so that the boys around him like fati and pedri can target.

We have nobody with the speed, power, and scoring potential of Rashford. Dembele is nowhere near.

We need Haland + a RW.

Midfield is nearly sorted.

KingLeo10

He's on a steep decline. I've seen the light and suggest others do the same. It's only natural at 33.5. He's had like 10 years at the absolute top of football and 15 years as an elite player.

malvolio

Let's hope The GOAT , The Best Fifa Football Player , Ballon D'or and Laureus award scores against Dinamo Kiev.

@Pedro

@KingLeo10

@Vilarrubi

@Hardy

@Devils

@Malvolio

let's hope he sacrifices a virgin or something. or at least a goat with his friend suarez over a BBQ.

Raketa10

His position is not the problem, nor his conversion rate. The main problem is that 90% of our attacks go through him. That is the main fucking issue! As a result all other players, except Fati, are underperforming! He is almost 34 and that needs to stop immediately. FFS some players are giving him the ball when he is standing out of position, half a meter away from them. Sometimes I wonder if I am watching Barca or children playing football in a schoolyard.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm noticing and especially in the first few games under Koeman, we were moving away from him more.. he was alot less involved and we looked better for it. in recent weeks we are going back to the same old 'pass Messi the ball' shit. Pjanic came on today and was running the midfield yet Messi was STILL stood in the Busquets position dropping deep. it seems if players start to play more for FC Barca than FC Messi, he will force himself into the game by dropping deep to touch the ball

Let's hope he leaves next summer.

serghei

His position is not the problem, nor his conversion rate. The main problem is that 90% of our attacks go through him. That is the main fucking issue! As a result all other players, except Fati, are underperforming!

:lol: That's because his position is wrong, or better yet, he doesn't have one because he does what he wants. If you chase the ball, every player will pass you the ball if you are Messi. Normally, not all players should have Messi as a pass option. At least not in crap positions. Well, that happens constantly. I think every player is passing to Messi simply because Messi is chasing the ball to be passed to and appears near their zone. And when that happens, of course, the player gives him the ball. Nobody dares to ignore Messi and mind their business choosing a better option. That would be seen as disrespect.

There is a flawed tactical approach in this team which stems from the idea that Messi in a crap position is a better pass solution than some other player in a better position. That is not in any way or shape a principle of modern football or something to build upon at this stage.

Last edited:

Birdy

I did watch the game and its rich to hear from you calling me deluded. I could easily call you deluded for believing that having Messi stick to a position or replacing him would produce better results.

There is no real creativity from this team. If we played exactly the way others on this forum wanted, we would just be aimlessly passing the ball around while teams sat back watching.

Most of the squad isn't good enough and the rest are too young.

You are indeed deluded.
Fati, Dembele, Pedri, Pjanic as he played today, Dest, were all creative.
Creative with a higher success rate than Messi all of them, and with sticking to positions and tactical instuctions.

It's not paying as 'others on this forum want', it's that these people are not biased when it comes to Messi..

Please...

Home of Barca Fans