Lionel Messi - v7

xxxxxx

His body language is another thing. He just doesn't look bothered. It's clearly affecting his performances. He's also not trusting his teammates, which is making him force things he wouldn't normally do.

I've never seen Messi show so much disgust towards his teammates this season like any other season.

CatalinR10

The whole team was pathetic today. My God I actually couldn't believe my eyes when we had the ball at the 16 meter line , all of alaves in the keepers area and we still decided to pass around like morons.

Did we expect to get pass 11 players by 2 meter passes and puting the ball in the net from 10 cm away ?

Who even plays like this ?

I've never seen a team with 0 balls to not shoot from the edge of the area with all the chances we got.

Richard.H

I’m sorry but he was not good tonight. I’m not exactly sure if I watch the same matches as you guys. He lost the ball almost every 5 mins and makes some very dumb decisions (trying to dribble through the entire team when he clearly doesn’t have the quickness). Kept missing a lot of shots. What exactly was good about him tonight?

Alik

Not the worst performance, but his dribbling is pretty much done. Way too slow to pull that often. Needs to work to refine his game and play higher up, because as a no10, he's obsolete.

Yeah, his dribbling more than his finishing is what concerns me the most. I have faith the goals will come. As for the rest, I hope he adapts and learns when to release the ball.

serghei

I’m sorry but he was not good tonight. I’m not exactly sure if I watch the same matches as you guys. He lost the ball almost every 5 mins and makes some very dumb decisions (trying to dribble through the entire team when he clearly doesn’t have the quickness). Kept missing a lot of shots. What exactly was good about him tonight?

Some folks here don't have concepts such as success rate / attempts. If a guy has 2-3 great actions and loses the ball 15-20 times, he is NOT good. Because he is concentrating the play on him and he doesn't make it work, because his success rate is low.

This is Messi right now. Concentrating the game on him with an incredibly low payoff.

I've seen no changing from Messi compared with 2011 style wise. He is virtually playing the same except everything he does is at 15% of his level then.

Yeah, his dribbling more than his finishing is what concerns me the most. I have faith the goals will come. As for the rest, I hope he adapts and learns when to release the ball.

They will not come with a change of mentality from him. Listen him talk, all that shit that he is a creator now, a playmaker. He needs to find ways to require less men to beat and less dribblings to do before placing a shot. And that is NOT happening 40m away from goal.

This match it wasn't even about being active. You could see he was trying as hard as he can. But he just doesn't know what is good for him at this stage and is too stubborn to accept being told what to do.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He had his usual "let me drop to the CDM and 1-2 my way into the box" and losing the ball after giving a shit pass several times.

Hopefully koeman is brave enough to bench him and play Griezmann instead...

I really do believe we will play much better....

Messi the 🐐 but things needs to change now

Raketa10

Abysmal performance once again, turnover machine! He needs to pull his shit back together! Right now he looks like an average player. Moreover, in free kick territory he is on the level of Ronaldo right now.

malvolio

Can we please stop with this "wavelength" bullshit ? He was horrendous today with so many misplaced passes and him consistently running into traffic and getting dispossessed.

we literally have no chemistry in attack. regardless of combinations. not just a messi problem, but he would benefited from a traditional striker with good link-up play in front of him.

not denying he was wank today.

Home of Barca Fans