Lionel Messi - v7

Hardy

4 games, 1 goal (on penalty), zero assist, a barely good half played. This season not even numbers will save him, this is gonna be a disaster season for him.

Ritchie

can't say as i really blame him since he made it clear he wanted to leave but it seems like he turns up to kick the ball about and collect his wages these days

sad to watch this version of Messi. tired from the internationals no doubt but i think this is the new norm

the question for the new board is: can you justify giving him the wages hes on these days? I'd say a big fat fucking no

He's been unreliable away from home for a while now, but starting him after he'd just played 90 minutes in Bolivia was stupid.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Honestly looks like he's gonna have an unbelievably bad season. Can't predict the future of course but jesus christ this is so far away from the Messi we know, hell it's basically Arda Turan level.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
That is just age. He is still among the best in the game but he is "just" an elite player now. Don't think he is in Top-20 players in Europe in this form. He was anonymous tonight, much as the whole team.

serghei

I don't know what people expect. But a player of his movement and workrate, either he adapts to a striker role, or he fades away. That bullshit that he's gonna be a Xavi-like player as he ages was totally delusional.

Mitchell1978

Between 2015 and 2020, as Barca and Argentina declined and declined, Messi had a chance to show his individual greatness without all time great teammates. Yes, his task was proved more difficult by his own aging. But there are years like 2016 Atletico or 2017 Juventus or 2018 Roma where he was closer to his prime but was either disinterested or not good enough to make a difference.

So a CL knock out is the whole year now?

Like i said before 2016-17, 2017-18 and especially 2018-19 only added to his resume. To dismiss those seasons based on one game is just retarded and biased.

serghei

Anyway, not his fault we looked like crap today. But he should be let go just because he is not worth the 100m we pay for him every season. That money should be reinvested in improving the team with fresh blood.

An amiable departure should be reached for both the club and the player. No hard feelings. Similar to Xavi leaving at 35 and call it a day.

Raketa10

He played in La Paz few days ago. To be fair I expected something like this. I am not worried at all, he will start to play much better soon.

serghei

He played in La Paz few days ago. to be fair I expected something like this. He will be on his level soon.

He will probably be decisive only against crap teams at home. The level where he went on away games vs Madrid, Atletico, Sevilla and dominated them, scoring and dribbling players for fun in the box is over.

Physically he is done.

Raketa10

He will probably be decisive only against crap teams at home. The level where he went on away games vs Madrid, Atletico, Sevilla and dominated them, scoring and dribbling players for fun in the box is over.

Physically he is done.

He will deliver.

Home of Barca Fans