Lionel Messi - v7

CatalinR10

Lol, that's why those numbers don't make up for actually knowing your football. Looks like a kid put up those numbers :lol:.

those are from sofascore

this one is from whoscored , I guess everywhere Messi is rated pretty high

4o0eD75.jpg

eaman

Awful 2nd half, sadly. Got some serious blind love going on when it comes to Suarez. Puts him through with brilliant passes 4 times just to see him fuck it up = no reaction. Poor Dembele, who has just been subbed on, can’t find the right pass = shaking his head while gesturing towards him.

Ya maybe he was shaking his head as in saying no you should have passed it there. Older players do that all the time to younger players who are learning the game

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ya maybe he was shaking his head as in saying no you should have passed it there. Older players do that all the time to younger players who are learning the game

Messi should stop doing that when he keep forcing the ball to Suarez all the time himself. Watch a re-run of all of our CL games last season and you'll notice a trend where Messi plays the ball to Suarez even if he's in a worse position when he got 2+ options.

serghei

Well you're making yourself look like someone who doesnt know his football. Go back and look at his highlights of every touch he had and tell me he didnt play well

I know football is played on the ball and off the ball. And Messi had a terrible game off the ball. Walked most game did little to get himself involved.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I know football is played on the ball and off the ball. And Messi had a terrible game off the ball. Walked most game did little to get himself involved.

Dare I say he's developed this bad habit because of bad coaching? This is Dembele's third season at Barca and he's yet to improve off the ball too.

Total-Football

This team can achieve nothing with another walking man besides messi. Messi hardly get the pass. Because however good you are, if u walk in the middle, you are hurting the mini pressing phases. Suarez has a pass now for walking besides his friend, and that is mental.

Lapi

Of course Messi played well.
And naturally the 9.8 he got is way too much, but he is Messi he deserves it.

Nevertheless, if anyone can tell be WHY Suarez got 7.3 - that is way above the team average - I'd even say the ranks are objective. But they aren't.

eaman

You know by now he is not going to run constantly off the ball or constantly press no matter what kind of game he's having but he did press a little more in this game. He always presses at times in games but just a little more in this. Also he got involved plenty in this game. I'm sure you'll find he had plenty of touches in a game where we were being overrun for most

Havesaks

Im also so tired of Messis walking and off Ball movement, it's has been a thing before Valverde, but over the years it has increased and while Im not against him using his ressources on the Ball and in offensive, it also seems like he isnt giving himself 100%. I would rather like a Messi game time reduced and him going all out on field. It would benefit the team, surely. It seems like he is to focused on the offensive part then the whole game. Players like Suarez, Frenkie, Arthur, griezmann would profit a lot if he would put more work in defensive and keeping his position on the RW. The team, coach and fans accept him in those speciale role and thats why I don't blame him, but he could be used better. Unless there is some physcial aspects we arent aware off.

All in all he wasnt bad at all. For a Barca player, he was good.

Potroh

And naturally the 9.8 he got is way too much, but he is Messi he deserves it.
Nevertheless, if anyone can tell be WHY Suarez got 7.3 - that is way above the team average - I'd even say the ranks are objective. But they aren't.

You need to understand that these rates and stats are done by 18-20 years old volunteers, who usually have to observe both teams, so don't even look at these numbers, and also observe that the other stats are also way off sometimes.
Nice pseudo-metrics that say very little about the actual game.

6 months I been waiting. 6 months. For you to name me one +30 yr old footballer in history that runs around defending like crazy, does all the teams dribbling, creates all the chances, scores most of the goals. Just give me one.

Using the Messi walking soundbite sounds to me like one of those criticisms that you know you can't lose so just use it as a free cheap shot. Bit like the 'he couldn't do it in another league' brigade.

He is 32. He is never going to be good enough off the ball for you. Accept it and move on.

Home of Barca Fans