Lionel Messi - v7

Pedro

La Masia
Let's hope Leo scores vs. Eibar

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=12746]catalinutzR80[/MENTION]

[MENTION=20830]Hardy[/MENTION]

BarçaBarça

Man, when our guy comes back to his rhythm, we will smash Real in the league once again.
He is so scaringly consistent, that I can't see how we can't win the league?

Our midfield works, for once, and Ter Stegen is our lord and saviour.
We may be thin in the back, but Umtiti/Todibo is okay-ish backups, with the possibility that Umtiti regains some former quality, who knows..

It's a bit sad that he likes Suarez so much, as Griezmann is the far better player for the attack to work more fluidly - and I hope we will see more of that during the season.
Worst case Suarez starts every game and hinders our attack predictively and stops scoring because he is over the hill.. But I still think Messi will bail him out in the end.

Havesaks

With Arthur and Frenkie the core of future Barca seems to be set, and im not that frightened of a post-Messi Barca anymore. The last 7 years tbh always thought it would be way more tricky to maintain our status without him. As the best player and most influential player in Barca history, it kinda feels weird critizing him, but the last 2-3 seasons his wages, captaincy-mentality, special position on the field, walking and status has taken a lot of what I consider beautiful football - when all 11 players on field have a strong defined role and arent just statister, and fight ofc with all they got. All tho it's common to blame Valverde for our boring playing style (he isnt to blame for that, once again) , I still think Messi has a big role to play in it, and the other oldies as well; Pique, Sergio, Rakitic, Vidal, Suarez...
So while "Messi-problem" was just one variable in many, I think he was a bigger one. Im not saying we would have been better of without him, we clearly have profited a looooot from him, I still feel the cons of Messi should be mentioned to give a clear picture of his last 2-3 seasons here. After all he isnt a perfect player, which doesn't exist. The only thing he can be blamed for is captaincy-mentality. He lifts a big burden, but a true leader will push his squad to maximum and wont have a resignedly attitude in the most crucial moments when the stakes are high and stuff isnt working out. Afterall he had maaaany years without leadership burden because of ouyol, xavi and iniesta, and could have learned it. I think he had the time and circumstances to learn it. Is still the greatest player I have ever seen in my just 10 years fan periode haha.

Well Anyway post-Messi looks a lot brighter for me. And hope we in future can have a squad as knit and well-rounded as other top teams.

serghei

[MENTION=21709]Havesaks[/MENTION], I agree with some of the things you say about Messi, but it's not a given that a top manager would handle Messi the same way that Valverde is doing. It takes a big personality and a leader type of manager to handle Messi well at this stage in his career. Valverde is basically the opposite of that.

Hardy

let's enjoy his last golden boot

EHAMArRX0AAo49B.jpg

EHABPjcX4AEHywP.jpg

Havesaks

He may even win it this season again.

That semms rather unlikely imo. May really be his last golden boot, and if he can score or play good in decisive moments, he could still be relevant in The Best and Ballon d'Or awards.

Crazy he has only won 6 when considering the amount of Goals he has Scored, 6 is still a unheard remarkable number and most importantly, better than Ronaldos 4 hehe

Ripsta

If he wins it this season it'll be some achievement. He's given everyone else a two month headstart.

Lewandowski is on 11 atm, depends how Messi bounces back, wouldn't put it past him to hit a few hat-tricks between now and the end of 2019.

Home of Barca Fans