Philippe Coutinho

Chainsaw

Killahead
Id rather see*:

griezman
coutinho messi dembele
arthur FDJ
firpo lenglet pique semedo

would require both dembele and coutinho to up thier work rates for it to be viable with griezman and messi interchanging in the defensive/offensive phases.

Dembele will be injured in less than a month. Coutinho simply won't. Messi will be less effective away from goal, Firpo and Semedo will be eaten alive. Disastrous line-up!

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Dembele will be injured in less than a month. Coutinho simply won't. Messi will be less effective away from goal, Firpo and Semedo will be eaten alive. Disastrous line-up!

If Coutinho is staying and has to play i don't see it working any other way.

Messi wont be any further back then he already drops/operates and will be free to interchange/create overloads with any of the forwards. Like i said during the defensive phase he will operate further forward.

Secondly why would firpo/semedo get eaten alive if the players actually do their defensive duties? the whole premise is that the formation will only work with better work rate from all of our players bar messi which would solve a lot of our current issues. The formation gets even stronger if we can bring in athletic ball playing centre backs.

Last edited:

Judoman

Id rather see*:

griezman
coutinho messi dembele
arthur FDJ

would require both dembele and coutinho to up thier work rates for it to be viable with griezman and messi interchanging in the defensive/offensive phases.

Yeah, i d love to reset my perception of certain players like Cou and Dembele and this line up would be it. If Setien can light fire under their asses and make them
play in accordance with their talent we wouldn t need new players for attack line. Except new young CF.

The only obvious problem i see before testing this is Cou speed. He is not made for the wing role.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Utterly useless player. Almost losing every ball and no idea where and when to pass the ball to. There is no way Setien will revitalize him next season. We will be lucky to sell him for around 50m.

Last edited:

JohnN

Wait for EV to find a team (this could take a while) and sell Coutinho there for peanuts. Both will end up with depression.

Problem is the conditions of his transfer and his wage. He overachieved in that year before in Klopp's system and they milked everything out of that. He has skills that create phantasies how you could use them but he does not get that on the pitch.

At Bayern he has 6 goals and 5 assists in the league in 1075 minutes. That at first does not look bad, but 6 goals and 4 assists were made in 4 matches against the 4 last teams of the league, one assist against rank 10.

From somebody that is a top earner and who costs such a big transfer sum without the hope of a high resale value because of his age and position you have too expect much more!!!

Raki13

No chance they were ever buying this donkey. Will go down as the worst ever waste of cash in world football.

We will be lucky to get 30-40m for him.

Altomonte

I think Coutinho needs help in building his confidence. He was still playing well for Brazil in the WC and did ok the first few months with Barça. I would not give up on him completely. Thriving in Bavaria is not easy for a Brazilian, even without the additional pressure created by the huge transfer sum and salary.

snowy

Id rather see*:

griezman
coutinho messi dembele
arthur FDJ

Not too shabby and who knows, Couti might let his fangs out under Set. Grizz unfortunately still seems to lack killing intent and sharpness to be the tip of the spear. If must play couti as in the scenario you laid out, could experiment with this:

1st half

Ansu messi demb
art dej
Busi
Jr umti pique sem

2nd half

Ansu messi demb
couti grizz
dej
Jr umti pique sem

He did very well in that spot for the NT. That's also the best spot I can think of for grizz, where he can evolve in his comfort zone of defending and passing. He'll have plenty of options with next to him with sem coming up and upfront, buddybouz, leo and Ansu. Plenty of speed upfront and then, we could move up centrally like the other day + stretch the wings for easy crosses, cutbacks and dribbles into box if opponents park the bus in the centre. It's ballsy but would be cool to test it vs easy opponents.

Home of Barca Fans