Philippe Coutinho

Zica

I know very well he is a nothing player. The only thing he's ever been good at is shooting from distance but even that doesn't work out for him anymore.

I don't get the personal hate for the player. He was never going to be a crack, but it didn't help that Barca misused him and overpaid. The club didn't do its homework. Coutinho was always professional and is a good guy ... not a prima donna.

Yannik

He was hyped as the superstar by German media and the club...

We played now 3 matches with a no. 10 or hanging striker again - after 4-3-3 throughout preaseason and the first matches

Coutinho played about 152 minutes - Müller played less than 90 (the rest was a 4-3-3 as Tolisso got subbed in for Müller against Leipzig)
Coutinho played nice passes
Müller made three assists and a goal...

Müller mostly played against tired sides that were already breaking apart at the time he was subbed in.

Müller mostly played against tired sides that were already breaking apart at the time he was subbed in.

Does not matter as you need to deliver on the chances you have - and that is what he did. 2 assists in 20 minutes against Mainz with being near a third. The only assist in a 1:1 in a match against Leipzig. And the goal + nearly assisting a goal for Lewy in 8 minutes against Belgrad.

--------------------

Coutinho went to Munich as it was the only way out of Barcelona for him. The clubs in England did not want him as he was too expansive - the loan to Tottenham did not work.

Last edited:

Yannik

Does not matter as you need to deliver on the chances you have - and that is what he did. 2 assists in 20 minutes against Mainz with being near a third. The only assist in a 1:1 in a match against Leipzig. And the goal + nearly assisting a goal for Lewy in 8 minutes against Belgrad.

--------------------

Coutinho went to Munich as it was the only way out of Barcelona for him. The clubs in England did not want him as he was too expansive - the loan to Tottenham did not work.

it is still pretty early in the season. Müller might in the end outstat Coutinho, he's always had great numbers. But Bayern fans don't want a number player at this point since all those goals against Mainz and Red Star Belgrad will not have such a decisiveness in the end. They want a player that will get them back on track in CL and against Dortmund. If Coutinho proves to be decisive in those games, then his stats vs smaller sides will not be important at all.

Zica

He said when the Bayern opportunity came in he didn't have to think twice.

You mean what Dembele should have done.

Coutinho saw he wasn't a fit and didn't linger and put weight on the team. And people are actually pissed at his quasi "offensive" comments vs Barca ? How stupid is that ?

it is still pretty early in the season. Müller might in the end outstat Coutinho, he's always had great numbers. But Bayern fans don't want a number player at this point since all those goals against Mainz and Red Star Belgrad will not have such a decisiveness in the end. They want a player that will get them back on track in CL and against Dortmund. If Coutinho proves to be decisive in those games, then his stats vs smaller sides will not be important at all.

And what in Coutinho's past shows you that he is that player?

Jadentheman

--------------------

He was offered to PSG

Yannik

And what in Coutinho's past shows you that he is that player?

Liverpool.
So far we're just a few games in and he was actually pretty alright. Needs some time to build his confidence. I'd say we'll just wait how it goes.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

I don't get this shit flinging towards Cout here. He sucked for us and for me it was big disappointment as i really rated him after watching quite a few Pool matches, when he was there. I think he's very talented, but limited players, who can thrive, when coach knows what to do with him. Fact that he sucked under Valturd is no surprise and doesn't really tell anything about him. Everyone gets worse under V and player that need a lift will just rot in current Barca. Likes of Arthur and Dejong do well because they would do well in any team, but Cout is not as versatile so he needs special consideration. Somehow he was best player for Brazil in recent WC so it's not like he haven't shown up on big stage. Hope he does well wherever he goes and we can get some bucks for him. He's just another victim of recent retard3d galacticos trend that this management has indulged into.

Home of Barca Fans