Philippe Coutinho

Raketa10

We literally ruined this guy career. If he stayed with Lpool he would have ended up as a legend there. What a terribly wrong decision he made.

khaled_a_d

We literally ruined this guy career. If he stayed with Lpool he would have ended up as a legend there. What a terribly wrong decision he made.

They would have never been as strong as they currently are if he stayed.
He allowed them to be more dependent on attacking trio and fullbacks in build up but at the same time put aggressive midfield. And then they used his money to fund Alison & Van Dijk.

And tbh, I still believe something is going in this guy life, you don't go from world class to shit in matter of 3 month (he was doing well in his 1st half season here, even as RM) without being able to rebound from it at the age of 26/27 for football reasons.
This remind me a lot of Hleb

Andrew M

They would have never been as strong as they currently are if he stayed.
He allowed them to be more dependent on attacking trio and fullbacks in build up but at the same time put aggressive midfield. And then they used his money to fund Alison & Van Dijk.

And tbh, I still believe something is going in this guy life, you don't go from world class to shit in matter of 3 month (he was doing well in his 1st half season here, even as RM) without being able to rebound from it at the age of 26/27 for football reasons.
This remind me a lot of Hleb

He's way better than Hleb. I wonder if things might have gone differently if he hadn't made that gesture to the Camp Nou against Utd

khaled_a_d

He's way better than Hleb. I wonder if things might have gone differently if he hadn't made that gesture to the Camp Nou against Utd

Nt comparing them as players, but Hleb was great player who was suddenly shit even after Barca.
He himself admitted later he had personal issues and it wasn't football related.
Feel same with Coutinho, something is going on with his life for such awful turn around

Andrew M

Nt comparing them as players, but Hleb was great player who was suddenly shit even after Barca.
He himself admitted later he had personal issues and it wasn't football related.
Feel same with Coutinho, something is going on with his life for such awful turn around

Hleb was next level shit, though. And I was never that impressed with him at Arsenal anyway. At least Coutinho is always capable of scoring from range. Honestly seeing the lack of creativity from the midfield right now I'm open to giving him another chance given his price.

KingLeo10

There's no place for him in the high work rate, mentally strong Liverpool team.

He's a fluff player. Like Ozil.

KingLeo10

He was playing well for them when he left.

Ozil had a record number of assists in his tenure at RM. Cesc, similarly, with us and Arsenal. Not a single CL to show for any of it.

I personally don't believe Pool win the CL last season with him in their starting lineup instead of one of their midfield or especially one of their forwards. Not much movement off the ball, terrible at tackling, short, predictable shot.

Barcilliant

Coutinho is a confidence player. He's not mentally strong and Dickverde destroyed his confidence.

I say give him another chance at Barca simply because he cost so much. I hate his pussy attitude though.

Messigician

Who gives a fuck about this shit player.

Was done the moment he cupped his ears and shushed the fans after scoring.

Buying him funded Liverpool's rebuild. He's the reason we gassed those bums and their intolerable fans. Wish we got fkn Willian instead of him, reckon he scored at least 1 vs Liverpool away

Last edited:

Andrew M

Ozil had a record number of assists in his tenure at RM. Cesc, similarly, with us and Arsenal. Not a single CL to show for any of it.

I personally don't believe Pool win the CL last season with him in their starting lineup instead of one of their midfield or especially one of their forwards. Not much movement off the ball, terrible at tackling, short, predictable shot.

I don't really see how that proves anything. R9, Nedved, Zlatan, Lewa never won the CL so I guess they also can't function in a CL winning team.

KingLeo10

I don't really see how that proves anything. R9, Nedved, Zlatan, Lewa never won the CL so I guess they also can't function in a CL winning team.

Ozil and Cesc played for stacked RM and Barca sides and for all their stat padding/flashiness, they weren't conducive to CL success.

Coutinho is that type of player.

It's really not that hard to grasp and I don't see what R9 is doing anywhere in this discussion.

Andrew M

Ozil and Cesc played for stacked RM and Barca sides and for all their stat padding/flashiness, they weren't conducive to CL success.

Coutinho is that type of player.

It's really not that hard to grasp and I don't see what R9 is doing anywhere in this discussion.

I think you're saying that you can't win the CL with a number 10 these days. But we have always had attacking mids like Deco and Iniesta while right now we get very little in attack from midfield. We need more creativity there

Home of Barca Fans