Philippe Coutinho

LABarcaFan

I don't really remember how Liverpool used to play with him. Was he a CM in 4-3-3?

We can loan him for 30 M in the summer and then sale him for 60 M to Chelsea. That way, we will get back the money we have paid for him. There are several Premier League teams that are interested from his service, as well as PSG and Lazio.

soul24rage

We can loan him for 30 M in the summer and then sale him for 60 M to Chelsea. That way, we will get back the money we have paid for him. There are several Premier League teams that are interested from his service, as well as PSG and Lazio.

I'm sorry, but there is no way we are going to get 30M for a loan from him.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't know how good you think he were in Liverpool, because in a recent interview Steven Gerard sad that Liverpool started climbing up after Coutinho left the team. That speaks a lot.

They were red hot with or without Coutinho. They were missing defenseman and goalkeeper.

serghei

They were red hot with or without Coutinho. They were missing defenseman and goalkeeper.

Yea, if anything, they really needed Coutinho against Atletico. They were dead in terms of creativity from midfield vs Simeone's defensive setup.

Simeone actually noted this weakness of Liverpool and used his midfielders to really close down Robertson and Arnold, knowing full well that Henderson and Wijnaaldum aren't exactly Xavi and Iniesta, creativity wise. Liverpool midfielders are lucrative and hard working and are very disciplined and press a lot, but they do not have a final pass to save their life.

Last edited:
Yea, if anything, they really needed Coutinho against Atletico. They were dead in terms of creativity from midfield vs Simeone's defensive setup.

Simeone actually noted this weakness of Liverpool and used his midfielders to really close down Robertson and Arnold, knowing full well that Henderson and Wijnaaldum aren't exactly Xavi and Iniesta, creativity wise. Liverpool midfielders are lucrative and hard working and are very disciplined and press a lot, but they do not have a final pass to save their life.

If you think creativity means shooting out of distance...

LABarcaFan

I'm sorry, but there is no way we are going to get 30M for a loan from him.

This is the price Roman Abramovic is willing to pay for one year rental with option to buy in the next summer for around 60 million.

I don't know if they were red hot with Coutinho. I have not seen too many Liverpool games with him, but they have not won anything at all, not even the Shields Cup. Since he left, they used the money to buy Alison and Van Dijk and suddenly became the best team in the World. You may be right to say that, but many Liverpool fans are on the opposite side.

Andresito

Staff member
This is the price Roman Abramovic is willing to pay for one year rental with option to buy in the next summer for around 60 million.

I don't know if they were red hot with Coutinho. I have not seen too many Liverpool games with him, but they have not won anything at all, not even the Shields Cup. Since he left, they used the money to buy Alison and Van Dijk and suddenly became the best team in the World. You may be right to say that, but many Liverpool fans are on the opposite side.

giphy.gif

LABarcaFan

That is the one of the few weaknesses of Klopp. For some reason, he uses Firmino to be the play-maker, because he is gifted technically, instead of using Wijnaldum, who is better for that role. That is why they could not do anything against the parked buss of Simeone for most parts of the game. I don't think Coutinho could have been the turning point for them. Liverpool is going to sign Kai Havertz this summer and he may solve that problem.

LABarcaFan

Sport.es

Chelsea are ready to get Coutinho on loan ( with option to buy ) and pay his full salary. Also they are offering 30 M. per season, if they decide to keep him after the loan. Barca reduced his price to 90 million.
Great news I think. This will end all Neymar for Coutinho swap talks.

JamDav1982

If Chelse are offering 30m for the loan that will include his wages.

No chance they pay his wages and 30m on top with prospect of not signing at end of season.

Even then wages and loan fee and wages at 30m seem to high unless there is a fairly low fee at end of it.

LABarcaFan

30 mil per year for the loan ?

how much did we get from bayern ?

Dude, read my post carefully. I did not say the loan amount will be 30 mil. If Chelsea decide to keep him after the loan end in the summer of 2021, then they are going to pay him ( Coutinho ) a 30 mil euro annual salary till the end of his contract, which I believe ends in 2023.
How much did we get from Bayern ? Exactly 8.5 mil. plus they pay him his full wages. I believe, the loan amount for Chelsea will be around that sum or maximum 10 million.

If Chelse are offering 30m for the loan that will include his wages.

No chance they pay his wages and 30m on top with prospect of not signing at end of season.

Even then wages and loan fee and wages at 30m seem to high unless there is a fairly low fee at end of it.

Read the above explanation.

About 9m and his salary.

Yes. The amount is 8.5 mil plus his wages. Frank Lampard is very keen on the Brazilian and if lucky, we can get 10 mil. loan fee.

MTL_Barca

Just imagine having to loan around a 130M signing because nobody will buy him, only possible at Barca.

At least you can make excuses for Dembele due to his injuries but Coutinho was just flat out bad at both Barca and Bayern. Stunning.

Home of Barca Fans