Philippe Coutinho

FinBarcelonafan

He wasn't great, he was ok-ish...

His issues are probably connected to his mentality which is the hardest thing to fix. Players with mental issues should be filtered before
we actually buy them but with this board this doesn't happen. They just love to spend money on duds.

I thought he was excellent when he first arrived. He still had that Klopp flow on him. He lost it with six months with Barca. Chech highlights from the first six months, he was amazing.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I thought he was excellent when he first arrived. He still had that Klopp flow on him. He lost it with six months with Barca. Chech highlights from the first six months, he was amazing.
He played in a position that suited him, left mid in 4-4-2. As we switched back to 4-3-3 in 18/19, he was shocking

I like to look at the xG numbers when judging transfer prospects as that usually are not lying as much as goals or assists do - especially when it is about players in other systems.

Coutinho gives you a good picture in this.

https://understat.com/player/488

His xG values are that of a good midteam player - he really overperformed his xG in the last year with Klopp and in the first Barcelona years. Yes, has a lot to do with mentality to as you can see if you e.g. look at the shot graphic in that link (you can filter the single seasons). It looks different when he converts his shots from range!

Else I think his skills are not good enough to be an individualist - but he is not teamworker enough to compensate that.

FinBarcelonafan

I like to look at the xG numbers when judging transfer prospects as that usually are not lying as much as goals or assists do - especially when it is about players in other systems.

Coutinho gives you a good picture in this.

https://understat.com/player/488

His xG values are that of a good midteam player - he really overperformed his xG in the last year with Klopp and in the first Barcelona years. Yes, has a lot to do with mentality to as you can see if you e.g. look at the shot graphic in that link (you can filter the single seasons). It looks different when he converts his shots from range!

Else I think his skills are not good enough to be an individualist - but he is not teamworker enough to compensate that.

Looking at highlights you get even better picture. The first six months with Barca he wasn't weak with the ball, he would even win some balls back, in general he was fighter. Something happened after those six months. Maybe the team slowed him down or his mentality couldn't deal up with the pressure but I see big difference in his game the first six months and after that. He became such a weak player after those first six. The guy has talent but he lost it... Somehow. No one knows at this point why.

Btw even with World Cup with Brazil he was good. I think something went wrong with him in Barcelona. Maybe because he didn't feel safe? His car was stolen? Who the heck knows.. He lost it.

Daisymorr

Inter or Milan might be the only clubs that might take him where be would get into the team and where they could afford to pay the majority of his current wages. Transfer fee of around 40-50 mil would pretty much be the max we would get from those clubs but its better than having a Gareth Bale situation of having him sitting on the bench collecting a huge wage.

Cut the losses now

Catta

He would've never accept going to Newcastle anyway. I don't see him going to Arsenal either. He wants to play for a CL team so our options are really limited.

Some one should tell him that his level now is Europa League clubs. He should be happy that Arsenal is interested in him, they are a better club than what he deserves.

Home of Barca Fans