Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1350

Thread: Philippe Coutinho (loaned to Bayern Munchen)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    At least Dembele had some insane physical attributes and was really young. Still a long shot but on the other hand, Coutinho never looked so good (in my opinion) and he wasn't that young either, so we couldn't expect improvement.

He was considered the Iniesta replacement, like you can just buy a player of Iniesta's level from other clubs.. no one would sell.
    Coutinho was great for six months. It's not like the guy couldn't play, then something happened.. not sure what. He had tough time in life or he couldn't deal Barca mentally. He did have quality though.

He wasn't great, he was ok-ish...

His issues are probably connected to his mentality which is the hardest thing to fix. Players with mental issues should be filtered before
    we actually buy them but with this board this doesn't happen. They just love to spend money on duds.

Quote Originally Posted by Judoman View Post
    He wasn't great, he was ok-ish...

His issues are probably connected to his mentality which is the hardest thing to fix. Players with mental issues should be filtered before
    we actually buy them but with this board this doesn't happen. They just love to spend money on duds.
    I thought he was excellent when he first arrived. He still had that Klopp flow on him. He lost it with six months with Barca. Chech highlights from the first six months, he was amazing.

Blaugrana al vent
    Forum de Amigos - CR7 Undercover Fanboy Sector
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    I thought he was excellent when he first arrived. He still had that Klopp flow on him. He lost it with six months with Barca. Chech highlights from the first six months, he was amazing.
    He played in a position that suited him, left mid in 4-4-2. As we switched back to 4-3-3 in 18/19, he was shocking

I like to look at the xG numbers when judging transfer prospects as that usually are not lying as much as goals or assists do - especially when it is about players in other systems.

Coutinho gives you a good picture in this.

https://understat.com/player/488

His xG values are that of a good midteam player - he really overperformed his xG in the last year with Klopp and in the first Barcelona years. Yes, has a lot to do with mentality to as you can see if you e.g. look at the shot graphic in that link (you can filter the single seasons). It looks different when he converts his shots from range!

Else I think his skills are not good enough to be an individualist - but he is not teamworker enough to compensate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Donauwelle View Post
    I like to look at the xG numbers when judging transfer prospects as that usually are not lying as much as goals or assists do - especially when it is about players in other systems.

Coutinho gives you a good picture in this.

https://understat.com/player/488

His xG values are that of a good midteam player - he really overperformed his xG in the last year with Klopp and in the first Barcelona years. Yes, has a lot to do with mentality to as you can see if you e.g. look at the shot graphic in that link (you can filter the single seasons). It looks different when he converts his shots from range!

Else I think his skills are not good enough to be an individualist - but he is not teamworker enough to compensate that.
    Looking at highlights you get even better picture. The first six months with Barca he wasn't weak with the ball, he would even win some balls back, in general he was fighter. Something happened after those six months. Maybe the team slowed him down or his mentality couldn't deal up with the pressure but I see big difference in his game the first six months and after that. He became such a weak player after those first six. The guy has talent but he lost it... Somehow. No one knows at this point why.

Btw even with World Cup with Brazil he was good. I think something went wrong with him in Barcelona. Maybe because he didn't feel safe? His car was stolen? Who the heck knows.. He lost it.

Valverde Cultist
    This bum still here?

Newcastle as a possible destination for coutinho is finished. Group interested in the takeover have pulled out

Quote Originally Posted by Batistuta9 View Post
    Newcastle as a possible destination for coutinho is finished. Group interested in the takeover have pulled out
    Such a beat for us. This was my biggest hope for making any money back from him.

Inter or Milan might be the only clubs that might take him where be would get into the team and where they could afford to pay the majority of his current wages. Transfer fee of around 40-50 mil would pretty much be the max we would get from those clubs but its better than having a Gareth Bale situation of having him sitting on the bench collecting a huge wage.

Cut the losses now

Such a beat for us. This was my biggest hope for making any money back from him.
    He would've never accept going to Newcastle anyway. I don't see him going to Arsenal either. He wants to play for a CL team so our options are really limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    He would've never accept going to Newcastle anyway. I don't see him going to Arsenal either. He wants to play for a CL team so our options are really limited.
    Some one should tell him that his level now is Europa League clubs. He should be happy that Arsenal is interested in him, they are a better club than what he deserves.

Arsenal wanted D. Suarez, they will want his big brother version too.

Valverde Cultist
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    This bum still here?
    ???

Arsenal wanted D. Suarez, they will want his big brother version too.
    Kia Joorabchian is piloting them the same way Mendes does with some clubs.

I think you have good chance to offload him there.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...dentity-crisis
    Last edited by Newcomer; 1st August 2020 at 05:50 PM.