Philippe Coutinho

jairzinho

racking up 2300 posts in just over 10 months doesn't mean you get the right to call a newbie out on a simple post.

Messigician

French newspaper El Pais says Liverpool boss Klopp actually laughed when he found out Barcelona wanted Coutinho.

El Pais quote a source saying that Klopp found Barcelona’s interest so laughable because Coutinho did not fit into their system.

"Coutinho is a fabulous forward but he will never feel comfortable in 4-3-3 as an inside; and much less if he has to play in the post of Iniesta in the 4-4-2 that Valverde practices in the defensive phase, where the longer runs should be done by the wings. Iniesta is a long distance runner. Coutinho no,” they say, explaining Klopp’s thinking.

Speaking in January, meanwhile, Klopp insisted he was powerless to prevent Coutinho from leaving.

“If I would have said: ‘No way’, the club would have said: ‘OK, let’s try’ [to keep Coutinho] but it was clear there was no chance,” he said.

“It’s not that there was an open question and in the end I had 50% pro, 50% against and had to make a decision.

“In the end it was quite easy.”

FinBarcelonafan

French newspaper El Pais says Liverpool boss Klopp actually laughed when he found out Barcelona wanted Coutinho.

El Pais quote a source saying that Klopp found Barcelona’s interest so laughable because Coutinho did not fit into their system.

"Coutinho is a fabulous forward but he will never feel comfortable in 4-3-3 as an inside; and much less if he has to play in the post of Iniesta in the 4-4-2 that Valverde practices in the defensive phase, where the longer runs should be done by the wings. Iniesta is a long distance runner. Coutinho no,” they say, explaining Klopp’s thinking.

Speaking in January, meanwhile, Klopp insisted he was powerless to prevent Coutinho from leaving.

“If I would have said: ‘No way’, the club would have said: ‘OK, let’s try’ [to keep Coutinho] but it was clear there was no chance,” he said.

“It’s not that there was an open question and in the end I had 50% pro, 50% against and had to make a decision.

I guess he was right.

Bulgroz

Ah yes, the famous french newspaper "El Pais". Second in sales only to that other very famous french paper, La Gazzetta dello Sport. It's way better than that parisian piece of this that's The New York Times, of course.

Tackle

Coutinho's stats for club & country:

Matches played: 70
Goals: 15
Assists: 7

That comes out to around 1 goal contribution (G/A) every 3.2 matches. :facepalm:

I have never seen an attacker that fails to produce to this extent given start after start.

kattanib

That comes out to around 1 goal contribution (G/A) every 3.2 matches. :facepalm:

I have never seen an attacker that fails to produce to this extent given start after start.

Did you just say an attacker?

Raketa10

That's the entire problem, he is not an attacker!

Home of Barca Fans