Philippe Coutinho

Katarina1

Banned
This forum can be weird at times. Was Robben some peak male masculine specimen? He was on the "slim" side of players. Was Ribery bulked up as well? Also slim. How about Thiago who just left? Similar physique to pre-Bayern Coutinho, definitely not bulked up. How about their star midfielder Kimmich? Far cry from being bulked. Pavard, fucking Muller...lmao

Like I said, this forum is weird. They'll pick a needle from a haystack (Coutinho gaining muscle mass), form a narrative around it and will stick with it until their death. So many fucking "skinny" (not even skinny in my opinion, Coutinho's previous physique was fine lol) players in their squad and injuries, yet they'll ignore that in their BaYeRn SupErIoR pHySioS FiTnEss even though they get 10 long hamstring injuries a season.

Coutinho was a bench player in Bayern and was largely underwhelming. He was injured multiple times back in Liverpool. He missed 10 games in Bayern due to injury.
No he's not "better" because he gained a few kgs in Bayern, it's because we literally have no good fucking players in our midfield so average players look good.
No he's not getting injured because of us, he has gotten at least one injury almost every single year in his senior career.

Can we be done with the goddam stupid magical Bayern and actually world class in Bayern Coutinho memes and now he's back to being ruined because Barcelona ruins players memes now? it's fucking annoying.

Also

Also fuck off with the played out position excuses, literally played everywhere on Liverpool's left side without any fucking worries. Runs from midfields. Dropping deep and playing in long passes. Creating plays starting from LM. Running down the left wing. Controlling possession in centre midfield. Even devastating defenses from the right.

He's just a confidence player that has lost his spark and will never get it back. Fuck off with he needs to play AM even though he's been an attacking midfielder for literally every game. The fuck does he need to persistently stand on the edge of the box regardless of the team's shape and where the ball is being played on the field? Lmao jesus, so many excuses for such an underperforming player. Take the L. He's shit.
And yes, it's also not Messi's fault.
He's shit.
End of.

*mic drop

behindbrowneyes

All clubs have their fair share of injuries every season. No indication Bayern physios are better than ours or vice versa.

This. Players are overplayed and don't have enough time for regeneration. De Bruyne recently complained about it. Rummenigge is constantly fighting against DFB and other national team organizations.

Injuries are part of the business. Busy schedules with travel to the national sides make it worse.

Neeraj

There is no doubt Bayern's training regimen is more intense than ours, you can tell that from their games, how mobile they are and how they are able to sustain an entire game without showing signs of fatigue.

I was referring to physios and team doctors when it comes to preventing injuries. Bayern, like any team, had their own injury problems.

Too many people here idolize everything Bayern. If people actually follow them more, they will realize everything there is not not as rosy as they think.

Agreed, I don't particularly think our players are more injury prone as such, every club goes through phases with injury, we've had some lucky phases as well. There are some cases where you have to question the staff (like with Dembele) and when your coach says things like "I don't care about physical preparation", it does make you wonder how much emphasis and importance the fitness staff and their advise is given.

However, I'm talking about conditioning. Thiago, Coutinho, Goretzka, Davies, Kimmich, Lewandowski - just to name a few, heck even Lucas Hernandez all look so much more physically fit, stronger, faster. There is no doubt that our fitness trainers and the ones in Germany have different philosophies and are still living in 2010, with the Xavi, Iniesta mindset. Football has evolved and you can see the vast difference in physical attributes between Sergi Roberto and Kimmich (who are comparable in terms of being in their prime years and their positions). You can make that comparison across the pitch.

Puig has been on the fringes of the Barca team since 2018-19 now, and he still looks like a 15 year old girl, doesn't seem to have put on any muscle mass whatsoever. I would love to see how he would have evolved in a Bayern training facility (if they rated him as a player that is, which is a different discussion).

There are some here like Laplacian who I can imagine are either children or just extremely stupid, going full retard about how Bayern players have also had injuries, which is a really dumb strawman but hey I guess this isn't the first stupid post I'm seeing on here from the likes of them.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Agreed, I don't particularly think our players are more injury prone as such, every club goes through phases with injury, we've had some lucky phases as well. There are some cases where you have to question the staff (like with Dembele) and when your coach says things like "I don't care about physical preparation", it does make you wonder how much emphasis and importance the fitness staff and their advise is given.

However, I'm talking about conditioning. Thiago, Coutinho, Goretzka, Davies, Kimmich, Lewandowski - just to name a few, heck even Lucas Hernandez all look so much more physically fit, stronger, faster. There is no doubt that our fitness trainers and the ones in Germany have different philosophies and are still living in 2010, with the Xavi, Iniesta mindset. Football has evolved and you can see the vast difference in physical attributes between Sergi Roberto and Kimmich (who are comparable in terms of being in their prime years and their positions). You can make that comparison across the pitch.

Puig has been on the fringes of the Barca team since 2018-19 now, and he still looks like a 15 year old girl, doesn't seem to have put on any muscle mass whatsoever. I would love to see how he would have evolved in a Bayern training facility (if they rated him as a player that is, which is a different discussion).

There are some here like Laplacian who I can imagine are either children or just extremely stupid, going full retard about how Bayern players have also had injuries, which is a really dumb strawman but hey I guess this isn't the first stupid post I'm seeing on here from the likes of them.

Pretty much this. Obviously there is a degree of overhyping anything thats related to Bayern these days . But I can't see how saying Bayern players and Coutinho look alot more fit and stronger compared to our retirement home players is somehow overhyping Bayern when it's just an obvious observation .But it's hard to expect Laplacian to notice that when he thinks Griezmann at the last EURO's and current Griez are performing at the same level. Add to the fact that the top 5 smooth brains are jerking off his post says enough aswell.

Laplacian

It's because they're players of different profiles due to recruitment rather than due to Bayern's fitness regime. You're comparing players to a core of players that were never known for their fitness levels even before they were starters at Barcelona. Absolute retard takes is forming narrative takes inside your own head and fitting anything to fulfill your conclusions, while excluding everything else.

Pretty much this. Obviously there is a degree of overhyping anything thats related to Bayern these days . But I can't see how saying Bayern players and Coutinho look alot more fit and stronger compared to our retirement home players is somehow overhyping Bayern when it's just an obvious observation .But it's hard to expect Laplacian to notice that when he thinks Griezmann at the last EURO's and current Griez are performing at the same level. Add to the fact that the top 5 smooth brains are jerking off his post says enough aswell.

Another retard who struggles to read. I said Griezmann's ability to take on defenders is largely the same as it was during the Euros and overall his peak, not his overall level as a player you dumbfuck lmao. Unless you think shoulder drop dribbling to the side or basic retention of possession is an excellent example of dribbling prowess of course, then you might as well consider Maguire and Roberto great dribblers as well. Lmao, retards. Keep sucking the fitness regime of a club that gets constant hamstring injuries.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Another retard who struggles to read. I said Griezmann's ability to take on defenders is largely the same as it was during the Euros, not his overall level you dumbfuck lmao. Unless you think shoulder drop dribbling to the side is an excellent example of dribbling prowess of course, then you might as well consider Maguire and Busquets great dribblers as well. Lmao, retards. Keep sucking the fitness regime of a club that gets constant hamstring injuries.

Even if that was what you said (which you didn't) , you are still dead wrong. since just in that Germany highlight video he dribbled more players than he ever did at Barcelona. Maybe rewatch that video before you start calling other people retarded. And btw this is what you said

I've watched like 5 mins and it's the "same" Griezmann. Lacks acceleration, so his take ons are subpar. Doesn't really show off any traditional playmaking skills, it's always the obvious pass. The reason he's so good is his sense of space and movement, which allows him to constantly to be involved in build up. Basically a good football brain. Other than that he's not really special.

He was never a Barcelona player, eve during his prime. Our forwards are required to be a lot more well rounded than that. Well, at least they used to be.

Going to borrow this from Kingleo. Take the L dawg and move on.

:lol:
:lol::lol:

Last edited:

Neeraj

It's because they're players of different profiles due to recruitment rather than due to Bayern's fitness regime. You're comparing players to a core of players that were never known for their fitness levels even before they were starters at Barcelona. Absolute retard takes is forming narrative takes inside your own head and fitting anything to fulfill your conclusions, while excluding everything else.

Different profiles? You've just seen a classic Barcelona 'profile' player bulk up and look much stronger and sharper in half a season. Lucas Hernandez looks (former Atletico, Spain - same 'profile') is another example. Lewandowski was skinny and nothing like the beast he is now before Bayern, not even at Dortmund. Goretzka? Again, not sure what about him makes him a different 'profile' considering how skinny he was.

The different profiles nor the 'known for fitness before BCN' argument is arguing FOR what I'm saying and not against it - that is the whole point. All these players I just mentioned and more were not known for their fitness earlier and are now beasts. That is the whole point of a strong fitness regime. There's nothing to talk about if it's a bunch of players who are already physical monsters continuing to be physical.

Laplacian

Even if that was the fact , you are still dead wrong. sine just in that Germany highlight video he dribbled more players than he ever did at Barcelona. Maybe rewatch that video before you start calling other people retarded. And btw this is what you said

Try harder next time brainlet.

Even with it right in front of your face you're still struggling, retard. Quotes on "same" for a reason (unless you also don't understand what quotations are for, right?), I'm highlighting he has the same deficiencies and strengths now as he did back then, not that he was exactly the same as he is now. Even Griezmann himself admitted that he was never a dribbler. The dribbling I'm talking about, is the kind of dribbling that can be directly be used as an asset in an attack restricted particularly to forwards. Not basic retention of possession or basic shoulder drops that literally even fucking centerbacks can do, that could never be an asset in club football; you watch the video again, retard. I never said he was playing on the same level as he did back then, unless you're also delusional alongside being a retard.

Try again next time retard, perhaps maybe then you'll be able to form coherent arguments.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Even with it right in front of your face you're still struggling, retard. Quotes on "same" for a reason (unless you also don't understand what quotations are for, right?), I'm highlighting he has the same deficiencies and strengths now as he did back then. Even Griezmann himself admitted that he was never a dribbler. The dribbling I'm talking about, is the kind of dribbling that can be directly be used as an asset in an attack restricted particularly to forwards. Not basic retention of possession or basic shoulder drops, that could never be an asset in club football; you watch the video again, retard. I never said he was playing on the same level as he did back then, unless you're also delusional alongside being a retard.

Try again next time retard, perhaps maybe then you'll be able to form coherent arguments.

Except that he didn't have the same deficiencies as he has now. Since he was much better dribbler , finisher ,playmaker and alot faster back in 15/16 and was easily a top 5 player and clearly declined since then. The fact that you are calling people retarded here while your brain is smoother than a chicken breast makes this even more comical.

Laplacian

Except that he didn't have the same deficiencies as he has now. Since he was much better dribbler , finisher ,playmaker and alot faster back in 15/16 and was easily a top 5 player and clearly declined since then. The fact that you are calling people retarded here while your brain is smoother than a chicken breast makes this even more comical.

He averaged about 0.8 take ons a game in 2015/2016 with Atletico Madrid, in Barcelona he averaged about 0.6.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/80241/History/Antoine-Griezmann

So much for better dribbler. Such a decline from his pantheon of athletic excellence.

Except that he didn't have the same deficiencies as he has now. Since he was much better dribbler , finisher ,playmaker and alot faster back in 15/16

This is hilariously quite sad. Saying he has the deficiencies and strengths as he did back then, is not the same as saying said deficiencies are the same level they are at now. This is basic reading comprehension. I'm saying they were always the weaker part of his games, and when compared to other forwards (players known as dribblers, playmakers, pacey) he is weak. If you think he was a traditional playmaker back then, in the likes of Neymar or De Bruyne - then you're retarded. If you think his acceleration is anything to write home about compared to the standard forward - you're retarded. He hasn't declined physicality, he just plays in a set up that requires him to maximise areas of his game that he's always struggled compared to other forwards.

At this point I might just decide to send you a textbook or two on reading comprehension, perhaps maybe that will get you up to speed with 10 year olds.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
He averaged about 0.8 take ons a game in 2015/2016 with Atletico Madrid, in Barcelona he averaged about 0.6.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/80241/History/Antoine-Griezmann

So much for better dribbler. Such a decline from his pantheon athletic excellence.

This is hilariously quite sad. Saying he has the deficiencies and strengths as he did back then, is not the same as saying said deficiencies are the same level they are at now. This is basic reading comprehension. I'm saying they were always the weaker part of his games, and when compared to other forwards (players known as dribblers, playmakers, pacey) he is weak. If you think he was a traditional playmaker back then, in the likes of Neymar or De Bruyne - then you're retarded. If you think his acceleration is anything to write home about compared to the standard forward - you're retarded. He hasn't declined physicality, he just plays in a set up that requires him to maximise areas of his game that he's always struggled compared to other forwards.

Such a retard, god.
He had consistently more take-ons at Atletico than compared to Barca aka his dribbling declined. How hard is that for you to comprehend ?

Calling me out on my reading comprehension while clearly ignoring what Im saying. Tell me where I said his playmaking is on the level of KdB or Neymar , or where I said he is very fast. He physically and skillwise declined compared to his prime . The fact that you cant even see that says enough. And you typing retard after every sentence doesn't make your arguments look stronger , but highlights how big of a smooth brain you are.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
My last post regarding this matter. Here are his EURO stats where Imo he was at his complete best.

JePEeH0.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I get what you are saying but I think those are anecdotal evidence as we don't really have any data to prove it. Dembele has become much more muscular (not sure if stronger or less injury prone though) now compared to a couple of years ago. Nobody knows what will happen to Puig if he goes to Bayern or another club, he may or may not be an one-off case.

On Lewandowski, he was already a beast physically before joining Bayern. Also there had been some Bayern players that had not been so muscular (Holger Badstuber, Rudy, Rode, Benatia and Gaudino who is more like Puig came to mind).

Home of Barca Fans