Philippe Coutinho

Jallo

Coutinho is not the second best 10 on this team this team will struggle to score and create chances. Messi doesn?t have the energy to play as a false nine,
Messi clearly prefers to play off a target man. If we want to achieve anything this year, Braithwaite will continue playing as the nine with Messi and Greizemann playing off of him. I like Pedri defensive contributions on the left wing, but I would rotate him with Demb?l?. Sell Coutinho in the winter arsenal might be interested.

JohnN

Best formation for Messi to be at his best is him at rw/false 9, behind a pure striker (braith), a fast left winter (dembouz or Fati) and a secondary striker who drifts right (griez). That's my 2 cents.

mc_lovin

Best formation for Messi to be at his best is him at rw/false 9, behind a pure striker (braith), a fast left winter (dembouz or Fati) and a secondary striker who drifts right (griez). That's my 2 cents.

I agree, but its a balancing act.

Braithwaite
Dembele/Fati - Griezmann - Messi

looks very offensive. Coutinho on the left, who drops deeper and does more in midfield, looks more solid. I just dont think Coutinho is good enough to be a starter though. Given the choice at #10 I definitely prefer Griezmann as well, whos just a better scorer than Coutinho (and what the team lacks more with Braithwaite and Messi). If we had a worldclass #9 it would be fair game.

I guess the biggest lesson under Koeman so far has been that Messi doesnt really work in the center. Nominally right wing it is.

Rory

Death, taxes and coutinho cutting to the right to give a 3 yard short pass. Only things you can be certain of in life.

sikkboy

It's just not meant to be, Phillipe. I don't think your style suits any team other than the national team and then I'm not sure tbqh. :lol:

Laplacian

Klopp is truly a fantastic manager. Seems like every player that goes there has a boost in quality. Robertson and TAA are shit for their national teams, but goddamn they are quite the wonder for Liverpool.

Home of Barca Fans