Philippe Coutinho

malvolio

don't know how people in here got on this meme about bayern bulking him up and transforming him into some kind of monster player. he was shite for them anyway and suddenly barcaforum thought that he's going to be worldclass here. sevilla, getafe and real has dismantled this myth of a reborn coutinho pretty quickly.

also revealed our management and squad deficiencies. another year passes by, griezmann, coutinho and dembele are still shite. nothing new i guess..

Jallo

He is so limited, I don?t know how he cost so much. Does not take any initiative, I have never seen him takeover a match. He just needs to be a squad player at this point, there is no reason for him to be a an automatic starter.

Laplacian

He is so limited, I don?t know how he cost so much. Does not take any initiative, I have never seen him takeover a match. He just needs to be a squad player at this point, there is no reason for him to be a an automatic starter.

Same. He's horrendously limited as a player. Only he current board would be so stupid as to spend 160m euros on him.

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
don't know how people in here got on this meme about bayern bulking him up and transforming him into some kind of monster player. he was shite for them anyway and suddenly barcaforum thought that he's going to be worldclass here. sevilla, getafe and real has dismantled this myth of a reborn coutinho pretty quickly.

also revealed our management and squad deficiencies. another year passes by, griezmann, coutinho and dembele are still shite. nothing new i guess..

Before he left I wouldn't even consider him a football player. Wouldn't run wouldn't track back costantly lost the ball and shot stupidily for no reason. Right now he's comeback somewhat useful. Was he ever worth what we paid for him? Will he ever be? Absolutrly not and you should be well aware of the many arguments I've had with other posters about this.

FinBarcelonafan

Before he left I wouldn't even consider him a football player. Wouldn't run wouldn't track back costantly lost the ball and shot stupidily for no reason. Right now he's comeback somewhat useful. Was he ever worth what we paid for him? Will he ever be? Absolutrly not and you should be well aware of the many arguments I've had with other posters about this.

Good point and right now he is an clear upgrade to our team. That's why I am happy with him now. Sure, he is not Bayern level but not many of our players are.

Richard.H

The big problem with him, that needs to be constantly repeated, is HE CAN ONLY PLAY AM. nothing else, absolutely nothing else. put him on the wings and he will be shit. The guy just doesn't know how to play any other position. I bet you even with him in AM and putting messi on RW we wouldn't be talking like this now. However that's very difficult to do because putting Messi on RW means Dest needs to put in a shift on defensive duties.

Birdy

You guys did not watch any Liverpool games until dec. 2018?
He was playing on the left and being constantly the best (or among the best) player of his team for 3 years or so.
He can play on the left, but not as a winger, not expecting from him to beat his man on the line, make runs with the ball, and create breaks that way.
EV is responsible for misusing him for 1.5 years.
But there is more to it that has to do with his confidence. He looks much more confident now.

Batistuta9

He was playing on the left and being constantly the best (or among the best) player of his team for 3 years or so.
He can play on the left, but not as a winger, not expecting from him to beat his man on the line, make runs with the ball, and create breaks that way.
But there is more to it that has to do with his confidence. He looks much more confident now.

He does look more confident now, but still don't think he has been that good this season. He is a good player, however we need someone better than good for Barca. I can't see him being the main man in a title winning team, he just doesn't have that personality imo.

His level is where he can be the main man in a team challenging for top 4, like Liverpool were when he was there.

feggydinho

He does look more confident now, but still don't think he has been that good this season. He is a good player, however we need someone better than good for Barca. I can't see him being the main man in a title winning team, he just doesn't have that personality imo.

His level is where he can be the main man in a team challenging for top 4, like Liverpool were when he was there.

I know he was tearing the Premier league when we bought him, but he was too expensive (doesn't seem wise to be spending a huge fee on a player again, most of them end up not performing to standard)

serghei

Liverpool have so much movement that even in wide positions you always have somebody to pass to very quickly. The problem with Coutinho is that if he is cornered he is not quick enough to beat his man at all. So when cornered into a wide position, if you don't give him assistance ASAP he'll lose nearly every ball.

Rory

We forget that Coutinho was very good for liverpool in the years the premier league was probably the worst for the last couple of decades. Happy to be corrected if wrong here but Chelsea, United, Spurs, Arsenal even Liverpool weren?t exactly great at the time. Only Man City were a top team

Jadentheman

Barca needs to change up their medical/physiological team. It's embarrassing how the players are not fit, consistently falling into re-injury, and causing new injuries. Coutinho was fine all season at Bayern with his staff, but as soon as he came back...boom injury.

serghei

Barca needs to change up their medical/physiological team. It's embarrassing how the players are not fit, consistently falling into re-injury, and causing new injuries. Coutinho was fine all season at Bayern with his staff, but as soon as he came back...boom injury.

They just changed it this season. It's not only the fitness staff. At Bayern the players are used to working harder to stay fit. At Barca, they are used to not doing much work in this area. In the end the mentality of the players is just as important as the fitness staff. Players can't do it on their own all the time, the team and the collective must channel them.

malvolio

Again with the Bayern myth. Thiago had several injuries while there, Javi Martinez the same, Coman the same, Robben the same, Sane just got there and he was injured.
Coutinho barely played for them, how could he get injured?

No wonder fake news and propaganda spread like wildfire on the Internet.

Last edited:

Morten

Man, i really wish someone would change fitness staff with us.
So many players with no significant injury record becomes cripple over night, and then when they leave, they get better again, its absurd.
Certain players didnt really listen to them though and did their own thing instead, magically, they rarely got injuried.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans