Ousmane Dembélé

Tekkers

Dembele might be the better player at the moment but in constrast to Rakitic Dembele showed really nothing since his arrival at Barca.

What has Rakitic accomplished aside from being the 11th most important player on the field during the treble winning season? You could’ve put Andre Gomes in his place and the end result still would’ve been the same

What has Rakitic accomplished aside from being the 11th most important player on the field during the treble winning season? You could’ve put Andre Gomes in his place and the end result still would’ve been the same

Lol this isnt true. Rakitic was a key player in midfield with a very very big workrate. He isnt the same anymore.

Afromaticz

Lol this isnt true. Rakitic was a key player in midfield with a very very big workrate. He isnt the same anymore.

Bro... Raktic was never ever key to any success that we had in the past and could've been replaced by any workhorse midfielder.
Was he a grafter? Yes he was but did he ever add quality to our game? Nope.

Maxim4

I'd argue that a lot of Dembele's goals were lucky scuff shots (think the goals during his streak in the beginning of the season or his brace against Sevilla) and deflections, whereas the vast majority of Rashford's were quality strikes or based of intelligent movement off the ball. Don't just use stats use your eyes, there's a clear difference in the quality of goals.

Your unemployment has done you good.
Little by little, you will have a beautiful experience of humorous actress in Croatia.

Laplacian

Please continue discussing players's IQ as if you all:
- Knew anything about those players personally;
- Knew anything about IQ.

Once again, when we're discussing IQ we're talking about "football intelligence" - we're not actually talking about intelligence quotient; problem solving skills, analytical skills, logic puzzles solving, pattern recognition and so. When we're talking about Ronaldinho's "intelligence", we're talking about his abilities to read the game, his passing/vision, and creativity. We're not talking about his ability to understand and analyse differential equations, we're talking about skills and abilities we can evaluate by watching his performances.

Honestly, do so many of you people think we're commenting on a person's actual intelligence? I've seen complete nerds (phd students for ex.) with appalling decision making because they just freeze up when they're in possession of the ball. "Football intelligence" is just a phrase used to describe a certain aspect of athletic skills that's less physical than others like acceleration, technique, or physical strength. Things like reaction speed, 20/20 vision, and great peripheral vision play into "intelligence" in football and in other sports, but in reality it has nothing to do with IQ. It's just a term that stuck.

Once again, we're NOT talking about a player's actual intelligence.

Ah yes. it doesn t make sense for a 21 year old guy to make some progress. Just a statistical anomaly:lol:

Once again use your eyes and not stats, a lot of those goals aren't convincing. To me only about 8 or so goals of his are convincing, which is around his tally for previous clubs. Playing for this team will slightly inflate his stats imo. I'd have a different opinion if his movement was stellar and his finishing was consistent. He scorers some wonderful goals, but his movement is non-existent and his finishing technique is NOT (lol) consistent. Which is why I'm calling this season a statistical anomaly.

I might be wrong about that and I honestly don't mind.

I'm just saying, a lot of Rashford's goals are created because of his movement off the ball and/or really stellar finishing. I don't think he'll ever become world class but he shows better ability in front of goal than Dembele does.

Last edited:

Maxim4

On this forum, there are only great professionals perfect in everyday life, we have with us the great sage here, pity he is hiding behind nicks. we would like to know their daily lives and see if they apply their great morals

Maxim4

Once again, when we're discussing IQ we're talking about "football intelligence" - we're not actually talking about intelligence quotient; problem solving skills, analytical skills, logic puzzles solving, pattern recognition and so. When we're talking about Ronaldinho's "intelligence", we're talking about his abilities to read the game, his passing/vision, and creativity. We're not talking about his ability to understand and analyse differential equations, we're talking about skills and abilities we can evaluate by watching his performances.

Honestly, do so many of you people think we're commenting on a person's actual intelligence? I've seen complete nerds (phd students for ex.) with appalling decision making because they just freeze up when they're in possession of the ball. "Football intelligence" is just a phrase used to describe a certain aspect of athletic skills that's less physical than others like acceleration, technique, or physical strength. Things like reaction speed, 20/20 vision, and great peripheral vision play into "intelligence" in football and in other sports, but in reality it has nothing to do with IQ. It's just a term that stuck.

Once again, we're NOT talking about a player's actual intelligence.

Once again use your eyes and not stats, a lot of those goals aren't convincing. To me only about 8 or so goals of his are convincing, which is around his tally for previous clubs. Playing for this team will slightly inflate his stats imo. I'd have a different opinion if his movement was stellar and his finishing was consistent. He scorers some wonderful goals, but his movement is non-existent and his finishing technique is NOT (lol) consistent. Which is why I'm calling this season a statistical anomaly.

I might be wrong about that and I honestly don't mind.

I'm just saying, a lot of Rashford's goals are created because of his movement off the ball and/or really stellar finishing. I don't think he'll ever become world class but he shows better ability in front of goal than Dembele does.

it's a vicious circle of what you're trying to make us believe.

Devils

D_ruB52XkAAN8jh.jpg

Speechless.

So much quality in 1 pic it's hard to believe.

The next Ballon d'or winners.

Messigician

Dembele looks stupid only when compared to players with the passing range and creativity of Neymar.

Dembele is quite good I'm sure he will tear it up in the prem but we use a different system here. Players like Fabregas, Sanchez, etc didn't cut it despite being pretty good players.

cro-man

If his injuries doesnt stop this year we need to sell him. It doesnt matter if he has a high ceiling but is always injured.

Home of Barca Fans