Ousmane Dembélé

Horatio

You're welcome
Yea, almost exclusively a counter attacking player. Which is why he is still of use in matches where we have to sit back more and exploit spaces on the counter. But in the matches where we have to unlock a good defense through possession he is near useless because of his sub par ball control in tight spaces and inconsistent decision making regarding passing.

Of all the young players that haven't developed under Valverde, he is the least to blame for Dembele.

Not fully true. He’s useful during corners. With Lenglet and Pique and his crosses we should score get some goals. Also he is attempting smart throughballs these last few games and he actually produced a couple of fine ones only for teammates to respond too late.

FCB1987

Banned
This guy was made for Mourinho's 11-13 RM or even our 15 Barca.

Elsewhere, he won't see much success IMO.

Nah, he was made for 2019 Crystal Palace team. It's insulting to MSN to think Dembele would fit in that attack. It's not like he's a starter for France either and they're more counter attacking.

Riordon

Will end up at some PL mid level team in 5 years time. Can’t see him develop to a WC player who constantly performs.

BBZ8800

Will end up at some PL mid level team in 5 years time. Can’t see him develop to a WC player who constantly performs.

Yes.
At first, aged 23, he will be sold to Psg, Bayern or someone who will be naive and who will hope that he is good but just hasn't clicked at Barca.

But he will suck again, of course.

He will be sold fast again in a 1-2 years to a weaker naive club like Arsenal.
He will suck again.

Eventually, in a few years, he will be finally paired with Malcom (a wet dream for Barca's fans from last summer) at West Ham or Crystal Palace.
His worth will be probably around 20-40m.

It will be a never-ending downward spiral from now on.

Last edited:

Riordon

Mourinho actually has a great eye for talent. Could be interesting to have him or Wenger around in the club in this rebuilding phrase, maybe in a sporting director or advisor role. Mourinho looks more motivated than ever, he has a CL or two left in him, I’m sure.

vlad

Mourinho actually has a great eye for talent. Could be interesting to have him or Wenger around in the club in this rebuilding phrase, maybe in a sporting director or advisor role. Mourinho looks more motivated than ever, he has a CL or two left in him, I’m sure.

He was completely okay with letting go salah and K. De bruyne while he was at chelsea, arguably 2 players in top 5 today, modric was called flop transfer when he arrived at madrid under mou.

I dont think he has great eye for talent honestly and also i think he doesnt have enough passion anymore to be on top.

kattanib

He was completely okay with letting go salah and K. De bruyne while he was at chelsea, arguably 2 players in top 5 today, modric was called flop transfer when he arrived at madrid under mou.

I dont think he has great eye for talent honestly and also i think he doesnt have enough passion anymore to be on top.

He needs players with certain mentality and he can bring out the best version of these players. Player with a victim mindset like Alves would play great under Mourinho

LMTR14

I meant somebody who would "whip" some discipline into the team (so the polar opposite to the impotent Valverde). the actual eye-poking Mourinho obviously is a persona non grata at Barcelona

BBZ8800

I meant somebody who would "whip" some discipline into the team (so the polar opposite to the impotent Valverde). the actual eye-poking Mourinho obviously is a persona non grata at Barcelona

Discipline could help to some players.
Motivation could help to some players.

With Dembele, nothing can help him.
= Pep + a bottle of motivation + an injection of IQ.
He would still suck.

Raketa10

Discipline could help to some players.
Motivation could help to some players.

With Dembele, nothing can help him.
= Pep + a bottle of motivation + an injection of IQ.
He would still suck.

Why are you so sure he would suck under Klopp or some other top class manager??? I bet he wouldn't.

BBZ8800

Why are you so sure he would suck under Klopp or some other top class manager??? I bet he wouldn't.

You guys now act as if every player improves and clicks perfectly under Pep.

Zlatan played better before and after Barca than at Barca during Pep.
Afellay played better at Psv than at Barca, a huge talent.
Hleb was awesome at Arsenal. Sucked under Pep.
Alexis was huge potential at Udinese, meh at Barca. Better at Arsenal than at Barca.
Yaya Toure was a better player at Man City than at Barca.
Pep didn't manage to improve Chyngrinsky, Caceres, Bojan, Gio Dos Santos etc.

So, you guys lately act as if:
Pep would turn Dembele, Malcom, Semedo, everyone into world class players.
All flaws by all players would be cured by Pep.

Then, how come that there were lots of players who:
1. Stagnated during Pep
2. Or turned to worse players during Pep
3. Or were horrible picks, similar to Coutinho

Pep will make wonders with some guys like Xavi, Busi, Iniesta, Pedro, Sterling, KDB.
And he will do nothing or even ruin others like Zlatan, Hleb, Yaya, Afellay, Gio Ds, Alexis.

EV isn't improving youngsters.
But also, it is not true that every single player is improving under Pep.

Pep will improve you:
1. If you have a potential
2. If you fit perfectly to his stylw
3. If he likes you

If he doesn't like you for some reason or if you are not a perfect fit for his ideas=man, you are dead.

Last edited:

Judoman

But also, it is not true that every single player is improving under Pep.

It doesn t take a genius to realize this, you are stating the obvious.

It s about probabilities. And there is a high probability that Dembele would play better under Pep, than under Valverde. Why? Because Pep is a much better coach.

Also, Zlatan was fine until Pep moved him to a wing. Yaya was also fine, but he preferred Busquets. Alexis was never comfortable playing control technical football, which is why PL was more suited to his stile.
I m not sure why you think Afellay was some sort of great talent and it s perfectly logical that he played better in dutch league. Bojan, GDS, Caceres, Chyngrinsky, ...none of those guys made a big splash at any point in their careers. It s not just about a coach.

Home of Barca Fans