Ousmane Dembélé

Raketa10

Thanks for that Captain Sarcasm. Just saying he is dangerously close to wasting his career. Zero progression in 3 years.

Of course I am being sarcastic when majority of forum members don't understand the importance of coach in young players development. IF ONE PLAYER DOESN'T PERFORM IT'S ON HIM BUT IF ENTIRE TEAM LOOKS LIKE SHIT IT'S ON MANAGER. For fucking 2 years he hasn't improved a single player and that says a lot about his coaching abilities!

Potroh

Of course I am being sarcastic when majority of forum members don't understand the importance of coach in young players development

Of course they don't understand stuff like that.
This forum is just and simply too emotional but on a very low level.
After a loss or fiasco, everyone is filled with anger, negativity, even hatred, just as if the players were gladiators fighting for the actual lives and they - the spectators - were the rulers of life and death.

The main problem is that the JUDGEMENTS you read here are always FINAL.
Punishments are almost always capital and alas, very few are able to think in dynamic terms of the game, where so9metimes even the best of the best may pick a very bad day or the entire team could under-perform collectively.

But naturally you are right and under Valverde nobody will ever develop, simply because his skill-set is a very limited one.

But back to Dembele - and I will even be less "popular" stating a slightly more objective flow of thoughts.

Did Dembele play bad?
Of course, obviously, the entire team played badly, probably with the exception of De Jong and Rafinha.

Dembele played with a lot of nasty mistakes , no doubt but almost every Barca player did.
But in the first half he was the sole attacker giving away some spectacularly creative passes, his combination with Semedo was not bad at all.

In the first half he had the most touches, some bad ones too, but he was at least sort of lively, whereas neither Suarez, not Griezmann did anything, they didn't even have bad touches, rather were absolved in invisibility.

Dembele is rather clumsy when it comes to going back and trying to defend, but at least he tried that all the time, according to my taste even a bit too much. In the first half Barca had a few chances of counter-attacking, when the sole player with pace, Dembele, was not close enough to the actual first line.

In the 2nd half, when he was put on the left, he became undecided and screwed up some simple passes, but even knowing that he was not worse than the average of the team. Just played highly unsuccessfully, often very HESITANTLY, which is indeed - before all - a matter of TACTICS, that seemingly hardly exist in the Barca team.

In each and every period, in every team there were/are scapegoats to blame for almost everything, poor Dembele has unwillingly undertaken that role in Barca, that the forum and their vultures highly enjoy, without even the hint of any objectivity.
So Dembele played badly, but Griezmann was at least as bad as him, the entire team lacked creativity and willpower.

Dembele is a very talented and good player but Barca's dull possession-based game is definitely not for him.
I do hope he will leave the soonest, because somewhere else, with a sane coach, he has much better chances.

I guess it's becoming obvious that Griezmann has little to do with Barca and he will be a similar flop compared to poor Coutinho - just as I've predicted - who also suffered a lot on the LW.

"Let's have the ball" - the Barca "tactics" dictate - and "something will happen... Either Messi does his magic or the opponents make a mistake.
This is where Barca has come in the two years with Valverde and you can beat up Dembele as much as your anger and distaste dictates, nothing will change...

Riordon

Stop comparing this guy to Neymar. He hasn’t even performed for one game anything close to Neymar’s level. Neymar is seriously underrated on here and people forgot how good he actually was. Can you mention just one game from Dembele where he performed just half as good as Neymar?

Centauri B

Stop comparing this guy to Neymar. He hasn’t even performed for one game anything close to Neymar’s level. Neymar is seriously underrated on here and people forgot how good he actually was. Can you mention just one game from Dembele where he performed just half as good as Neymar?

Dembele is not fit to lace Neymar's boots. Anyone pretending otherwise need their heads checked.

Vilarrubi

Please lord, if there is any sort of truth to this, make it happen. Dembele + Rakitic + Cash for Neymar RIGHT NOW.

[tw]1162344040819544065[/tw]

Laplacian

The entire team looked like shit, but not for the same reasons Dembele looked like shit. De Jong, Pique, Lenglet, Rakitic, Rafinha, Griezmann etc didn't all forget how to pass or properly control simple balls. Even in Dortmund, his best season ever, he struggled with precise short passing and awareness. Seriously if he came to Barcelona at the age of 10, maybe he would have developed into a technical player. If you're 20 and still struggle to pass, forget it buddy and just focus on your strengths.

Unfortunately for Dembele, how Bilbao set up against Barcelona is how at least 70% of the league sets up against us so there won't be many opportunities for him to utilise his strengths.

Ripsta

Said it around the time he signed, massively overrated player, all pace and fuck all else. He's braindead.

Writing was on the wall when he fucked up his kick ups during his presentation, and there were some cretins trying to make out he was this special sort of talent. Have a read through the old Dembele thread, very amusing.

Raketa10

I honestly hope we'll sign Neymar, I really do! Finally than all of you will realize that our problem lies in someone else and not Dembele or any other player.

Last edited:

clemente

Yes guys Coutinho, Dembele, Malcom, Semedo are just shit players, they looked better before joining us because la liga is the most difficult league to play in.

Laplacian

I honestly hope we'll sign Neymar, I really do! Finally than all of you will realize that our problem lies in someone else and not Demebele or any other player.

Neymar isn't like your Dembeles, Coutinhos, Pogbas, Jorginhos etc where he needs a specific style or system of football to excel in. He's like your Messis, Hazards, and Ronaldos - he excels regardless of the system.

Home of Barca Fans