Ousmane Dembélé

xXKonan

Rakitic Intelligent?

Gee, I Wonder where that intelligence was in the CL for the past several years now. :rolleyes:

jairzinho

.[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="ht" dir="ltr">Dembélé avec Rafinha, Umtiti et Lenglet <a href="https://t.co/rnoRnk1Vwk">pic.twitter.com/rnoRnk1Vwk</a></p>— Ousmane Dembélé (@FrenchDembele) <a href="https://twitter.com/FrenchDembele/status/1151242779823157248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

Last edited:

xXKonan

Didn't you guys know ? You need Einstein's brain to make those precious backpasses to Piqué and Alba. Dembele and his poor brain could never do it !
Rakitic's Brain when being pressed by someone a mile away.

iAt0zcv.gif

Tackle

Rakitic is the new Turan for us.

Sorry mate, but for me Dembele is truly the new Adama!

This video epitomizes Dembele as a player:

[youtube]kED_GfcZiXw[/youtube]

He uses his insane physical gifts that to blow past a defender only to not have the awareness or judgment to do the easy bit of finding the clear opening for a through ball.

Another example:

giphy.gif

Brilliant nutmeg to get past one and has acres of space ahead of him with Suarez all alone on the left, but once again doesn't have the vision or poise to lift his head and find him.

These are just two examples that came to me upon initial thought. If you really wanted you could compile hours of footage of Dembele miscontrolling the ball, displaying his atrocious decision making, missing easy short passes, being clumsy, being isolated from the rest of the team etc.

He is a player that can sometimes make the impossible look easy, while falling short at some of the most rudimentary, fundamental football skills. In my experience these types of daft players never tend to make it big in football and in a few odd years we'll look back at this football illiterate sprinter and laugh at how he was compared to the likes of Mbappe, Neymar etc.

Don't be surprised to see the lad at some midtable Ligue 1 club in a few years like Ben Arfa.

BBZ is well within his rights to call him dumb and that is putting it lightly.

Last edited:

FCB1987

Banned
It's weird how the people here who mocked me for suggesting Rashford as a signing are the same ones rating Dembele as this "world class, generational talent." Rashford is younger than Dembele, but has still produced so many more big game moments in his career so far. De Ligt also named him as the toughest opponent of his carreer, but he's apparently useless while a poor man's Wilfried Zaha is a future Ballon d'Or winner

Last edited:

FCB1987

Banned
Rakitic is no Einstein, but he's still easily one of our smartest players.If I was ranking our squad in intelligence, it would be something like this:

Pique
Frenkie
Busquets
MATS
Arthur
Rakitic
Semedo
Griezmann
Alena
Roberto
Messi
Alba
Coutinho
Lenglet
Malcom
Umtiti
Vidal
Dembele
Suarez

BBZ8800

Rakitic is no Einstein, but he's still easily one of our smartest players.If I was ranking our squad in intelligence, it would be something like this:

Pique
Frenkie
Busquets
MATS
Arthur
Rakitic
Semedo
Griezmann
Alena
Roberto
Messi
Alba
Coutinho
Lenglet
Malcom
Umtiti
Vidal
Dembele
Suarez

Imo, Lenglet and Malcom are not dumb.

Alba and Dembele are on the bottom.
Dembele is probably a winner.

Too put it lightly, I have some questions about our fans who don't get Dembele's IQ's problems.

Tekkers

Imo, Lenglet and Malcom are not dumb.

Alba and Dembele are on the bottom.
Dembele is probably a winner.

Too put it lightly, I have some questions about our fans who don't get Dembele's IQ's problems.

i have the same questions about our fans who don't agree that rakitic is by far the least intelligent player on this team

Laplacian

Pique
Frenkie
Busquets
MATS
Arthur
Rakitic
Semedo
Griezmann
Alena
Roberto
Messi
Alba
Coutinho
Lenglet
Malcom
Umtiti
Vidal
Dembele
Suarez

Suarez is not dumb lmao. In what world is a player capable of doing this:

[youtube]NG-2ugJEQ9c[/youtube]

A guy with genuinely one of the best off the ball instincts in this decade is lower than a player who does nothing but ball watching save for a few occasions? Come on man, if Dembele had better ball instincts than Suarez I'd be touting him as a generational talent like every other user in this forum. Seriously another thing I do not agree with in this forum, is how you guys shit on Suarez. He plays the way he does now because of age, please understand that.
Also the Brazilians are way too low on the list. Coutinho was a playmaking monster in Liverpool, and Malcom displays better tactical understanding than Dembele despite having 3% of his minutes lmao.

I 100% agree with your comment on Rashford and Dembele. This forum considers the former to be a dud, when he's had comparable or better seasons than Dembele in the past 2 years.

Last edited:

kilian

i have the same questions about our fans who don't agree that rakitic is by far the least intelligent player on this team

Pretty weird statement. He seems like a pretty intelligent guy. Not Einstein, but definitely not dumb.
His actions on the pitch are not directly related to his intelligence, because football is mostly played by instinct. If not, Messi would be Cuenca level talent.

Tekkers

Pretty weird statement. He seems like a pretty intelligent guy. Not Einstein, but definitely not dumb.
His actions on the pitch are not directly related to his intelligence, because football is mostly played by instinct. If not, Messi would be Cuenca level talent.

his reading of the game is absolutely atrocious. he has no feel for the game, his movement on the field to aid his teammates in attacking movements is non-existent and he hasn't a defined role in this squad aside from a season or two when he would shield the right hand side of the field for defensive reasons when messi floated elsewhere

he is by the far the dumbest player i've seen in a long time. i dont care how many useless diagonal long balls he can zip in a match, his lack of understanding of the game and functionality of position far pales in comparison to everyone else on the squad

Last edited:

Laplacian

Dude, when we say "intelligence" we're referring to football intelligence. Things like positional awareness, tactical understanding of the game, movement off the ball, decision making, movement with the ball, creativity - in other words, strictly intelligence in the athletic sense. We're not actually judging football players' ability to solve logic puzzles based on their on pitch performances lmao.

BBZ8800

Einstein, about Raki you could say that he doesn't have a good technique for Barca and then a fear and his awareness of his flaws are leading him into safe passes and mistakes.

With Dembele, he has tons of talent and tiny amounts of IQ.

You should stick to comments about football, tactics and technique.
Majority of posters when discussing IQ are writting insane nonsense which is painful to read.

I mean, putting Rakitic's and Dembele's IQ in the same sentence.
Btw, Rakitic was giving instructions to his Nt coach last season: about how to tactically neutralize Messi and how to make him nervous and finish him off on a psychological level if Croatia will take the lead.
And Raki was one of key men who neutralized Messi... and made him nervous and sulking at 0:1.
You need some IQ to read and predict those things as a player.

Look, Dembele is probably the most talented player in our team, except Messi.
On the other hand, he is the dumbest guy with Alba.
And probably laziest guy and the worst professional.

Now, try to call a magician, since he is the only one who can turn Dembele with those flaws into a consistent world class player.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans